iPad The Plateau

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jwbrent, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Anyone try this game yet? IGN gave it a great ranking but I wanted to hear how others feel about it...

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, I don't have the game, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

Link for anyone who wants to check it out: The Plateau

I think lots of people like this part of the game -

There are 50 levels, so if you fail once, it'll be different the next time you try it.

Hope that makes sense! Personally, I think the game looks pretty interesting and I'd buy it if I could (I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more games until 2009) :p

3. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    looks great but i didnt like it at all. gets too hard and too boring. all you are doing is moving strings around to untangle them. i didnt get the ign review. he must have been hung over.

4. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I got the light version and its alright, I dont think it could ever become one of those games that "everybody is talking about". Just get the lite version, imo it doesn't seem like it would be much different then what the lite version shows. After playing the lite version I wouldn't buy the game(since they seem the same) is my point. You should save your money for a different game.

5. DukeofAnkh

DukeofAnkh Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    I bought the game after playing through the lite version.

I disagree with the above poster that the lite version is enough. It only has 10 levels, half of which are quite easy. The full version stars of easy too, but there are more challenging levels, which makes it more worthwhile. It also has an arcade mode which has timed puzzle-solving.

I'm really loving this game at the moment. I think what's good about it is that while it does require some strategy to solve, it's also relaxing when you're tired to just move the orbs around without thinking too much and see what happens.

Definitely worth the AU$1.19.

6. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    My error, I didn't even check for a lite version. I'll download it now...

7. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
  8. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I am very big fan. The presentation is great. This game really feels complete. If you like puzzles, this is a winner.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Why do people keep posting on repeat threads when someone blatantly comes out and shows them that there's already a thread about it? *facepalm*...

10. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Meh, nothing wrong with re-sparking the conversation. Especially if the thread is long gone.

11. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    But still, it's about the same game and I much rather have the discussion in one place than scattered over 2 or more topics. (What if this topic dies and I don't have the game yet, but in a month from now I become interested in it. Do I reply to the first topic, this topic, or will I be confused and just open a new topic about it myself as well?)

But OK, next time I post a link I'll add something like "There already is a topic about this, please discuss here:"

12. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    You just came along and extended the post. It could have died if you left it.

13. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ Perhaps. But I just needed to get my daily *facepalm* outta the way...

14. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    Any body made it past level 33?
    its quite tough.

15. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Could someone please post a screenshot of the hardest level they've achieved/unlocked?

I like this game to be challenging (I've played a similar game on the Pocket PC with ~80 or more dots in one level (a rough estimation). So a screenshot of a really hard level would be greatly appreciated. :)

(The reason I'm also posting this in this topic, in addition to the original topic, is that maybe there are people subscribed to this topic that aren't subscribed to the original topic. And I want to reach those as well. This is the downside of having multiple topics about the same game!)

16. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

This game is perfect, worth every penny, great sound presentation, everything!