Universal The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt (by Home Net Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JacekS, Jun 5, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hey Gwarmaxx (or Jacek or anyone who knows), I'm sure you know this: when trading items, how do I know at first glance that they are worth selling/buying? I've seen the two prices in the objects, which is the buy-sell price, and I also saw one product with the prices in red. Does read mean it's a good price to buy or to sell? Is there a colour coding as in Stellar Horizon to know when something is worth buying/selling? This game seems a bit more complex than Stellar Horizon, specially regarding the ship repairing and the control of various ships at the same time.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah VBf, it is more complex, not only in the fleet management, but also in trading and choosing your own path in the caribbean scenery, this are the reasons that made the game great imo, a lot of aspect to be considered.

regarding your question about trading goods, you must pay attention to the icon above the city (in the global map), if it's green means that the product depicted is worth buying, so if it's red is obviously the opposite.
    in the list of products, once in the port, you can see the price of buy/sell and the color that has the same standard rules, green for cheapest and red for the more expensive ones... gamble on that.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks Gwarmaxx, perfectly clear then: red for selling and green for buying. Will take that into account ;)

4. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #84 Gwarmaxx, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    it is also good to enlarge your fleet (max 4 units per fleet, but you can have more than one fleet stationed on ports/bases) capturing enemy ships (not only buying them, money mangement is crucial in this game), but be careful 'cause if your pirate reputation grows up in a specific country due to your acts of piracy towards them, you will find all their ports closed, with bad consequences for your business (atm i'm a mercenary under the spanish flag and have trouble with France and Denmark, their ports are banned for me).
    the only way to revert this situation is buying a letter of amnesty, but is just a bit expensive i guess... or conquering the city, but you'll need a powerful fleet equipped with more than a mortar (this means a high level, a lot of money invested and most of the skills maxed out).

so, putting it briefly, you'll need to think carefully every move 'cause strategies and tactics are crucial here, just like in those days.

5. SnowballTheLamp

SnowballTheLamp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
  6. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    So does anyone have any brilliant naval tactics to share? I've built up a solid fleet (2 1st rates and 2 man'o'war) but every battle quickly turns into a bumbling mess with ships stuck in dead wind zones and long re-positioning maneuvers. I usually end up winning via boarding exercises because sinking the enemy takes too long, but either way it's a sloppy affair and the AI is sending my ships in all kinds of weird directions. Am I missing something critical about micromanagement or tactics in general?

Oh and Jacek, I found an infinite gold exploit, but since that is an IAP item I'll send you a PM with the details.

7. Lost Ball

Lost Ball Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Traveller
    Earth
    Great!

I love pirate games so much! I hope there will be more games like this one!

8. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Version 5.0 is available:
    - 12 new pirate flags from flag contest
    - Defeat pirates to aquire all flags
    - Limit to number of sailors available in ports
    - Captain's reputaion
    - Longboats with sailors in Open World
    - Survivors from sunken ships
    - Multiplayer PvP - Players who escape will lose
    - Screenshot button
    - fixed crew dismissing bug

9. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #89 Gwarmaxx, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    downloaded, this game is becoming wonderful, thanks Jacek!

edit> i'm playing it Jacek, but it's nearly impossible now in my old 4S, it crashes everytime i'm going to change environment (when it loads missions, port swaps, open world, online shop, etc), guess is some issue with the new additions in 5.0 (4.8 worked perfectly), it's not a matter of screen resolution, seems more an issue with some of the new added stuff that overload the ram.
    can you fix that or improve performance?

10. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Can you please (if you didn't yet) enable sending crash data to developers (Settings/Privacy/Diagnostics & Usage - Automatically Send + Share With App Developers)? Then run game again and cause couple crashes. This might help me localize source of crash (I will receive crash data with up to 72 hrs delay so it can take a while).
    Also please send me PM with your Cloud Save login - I will check your save.

11. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Version 5.2 is available:
    - New countries: Portugal, USA, Haiti
    - Limited amount of goods in shops dependent on size of port
    - Captain's reputation will rise by 5 when you pay wages on time
    - Sound effects for the Steam Corvette
    - Warehouses size increased 2x
    - Fixed many smaller bugs

12. Tuck

Tuck New Member

Aug 26, 2016
    'Life bar'

Is there a way to increase the blue life bar of your ship? I had tried full repair and doesnt work, as soon as I get into a battle and take 1 hit I'm dead?
    Thanks

13. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    blue bar is the crew number, so if it's low you must recruit more men.

14. Tuck

Tuck New Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Awesome, thanks!!!

15. Rivergirl

Rivergirl New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Smuggler items

Hi!

Does someone know why sometimes, when I try to sell some items to smuggler ships, when I arrive in the circle, instead of succesfully selling my items, the game tells me that I have the wrong cargo and the smugglers left (and they smell a rat) or something like that?
    I still haven't been able to figure what I am doing wrong and it happens 80% of the time. I end up selling my items at a loss... Hahah.
    Is it because my reputation with the nations is too high?

16. GaCardman

GaCardman Member

Aug 23, 2015
    One possible cause is that there are two types of smuggling missions. Both can sometimes be found in the same port and they usually require purchasing different goods.

The first is activated by the blue ship icon near the bottom center of the screen while in port. The goods specified in these missions have to be delivered to the designated port which will flash when viewed from the navigation screen once the mission has been accepted.

The second type of smuggling mission can be activated by looking for a flashing green icon out to sea near your current port. Tap the icon to sail there. After purchasing the requested material of course.

If you take one smuggler's goods to the destination of the other smuggler you end up with unhappy smugglers.

17. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

like also GaCardman said, do you previously purchase (or already have it) the required goods?
    anyway, in some deliveries appear coastguard ships and in that case smugglers run away and the deal is broken.

18. Rivergirl

Rivergirl New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    I don't usually have the goods. I buy them at the port I am currently docked in. After I bought the goods, I just click on the green icon and sail to the smugglers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I will try to note whether I had the supplies they want prior to buying them from the port

I am not sure how I can bring the wrong supplies to the wrong smuggler because I usually just have one green smuggler icon at a time on my world map.

Thank you both for your reply!:)

19. Rivergirl

Rivergirl New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Nevermind! I didn't have the supply in that one ship that's doing the smuggling!! That's why. Haha, I feel ridiculous. Thanks!

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    oh yeaaaaah, i've forgotten to ask you that! did you go to the deal with the correct ship? anyway, better go to see smugglers with one ship only, the others are useless in that case.