Universal The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt (by Home Net Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JacekS, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Anyone figure out how to issue commands to your other ships during combat? I unlocked the skill but I didn't see where to issue the commands. My other ship just sits there and gets killed.
    Thanks.

2. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    No. Game have its own "Cloud Save" option. It lets you synchronize game save not only between iOS devices, but also Android, PC (game is on Windows Store) and soon (in few days) on Mac.

Press "Double ship" icon in top-right corner. You can control all ships at once with command icons on top of the window, or to specific ship on the list. Also you there can switch to other ship.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    In the vid, there's no crew on the ship.
    In my game, I have crew on board, standing or kneeling near or at the canons

4. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Great game,but is there a way to remove ads?

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #25 Gwarmaxx, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    yeah, that's an old Android version.

check the options menu, there's a shop to buy map sectors, disable ads and others.

6. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    #26 Morgan01, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Time to check it out.

7. mark@hollyandsmith.com

[email protected] New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    How do you board other ships . I used grapeshot and get close to enemy ship but do not see how to actually board it.

8. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    First use cannonballs to damage hull - so grapeshots will pass through damaged hull and kill the crew. Observe blue "life" bar on enemy ship icon, when it is low - you can try to board it.

9. Morgan01

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    While it's an interesting game, I am finding it rather frustrating. Using Grapeshot hasn't disabled a single vessel no matter how many I use nor how many times I've tried. I haven't been able to reduce a single crew member on opposing ships. In addition, unlocking a new map increased the enemy strength notably with multipl ships, forcing me only to do trading as my meager ship can't take on 2 to 3 other 16 gun ships at one time.

10. Morgan01

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    #30 Morgan01, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    I missed damaging the hull enough for grapeshot to work. Good advice.

11. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Such a great game. Idk if the devs read this thread but, thank you.
    Also, if you ever decide to reskin or make a sequel of your game as a spacehip battle, you have a buyer :)

12. Morgan01

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    Less than 20 minutes into the game and I am running up against ships that faster and outgun me by at least 50%. I have deleted and restarted 4 times and it is always the same scenario. I have 8 guns, the enemies are running 12 and 16 guns per ship, sometime 2 ships at a time. The best ship available to me at this time is a 10 gun ship. Upgrading with a new map seems to further expand the discrepancy. Also, leveling up seems to impact this as well.

Trying to support independent developers, but it is starting to feel like IAP is required just to keep pace. And if that is true 20 minutes into the game, dos it continue on throughout?

13. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Anyone come up with a situation where your ship just stops moving. I put up and down the sails and the ship just sits. Am I missing something?

14. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Hi, most people on Android version (available since January) are playing without IAPs and doing fine in game.
    If you will take a look at our facebook group "The Pirate: Carribbean Hunt Community" you will see posts about huge
    fleets - developed without IAPs.
    Just be patient and don't get involved into fighting too fast and too intensive at begin of game. If you see that some mission is too hard for you just use reset mission option from menu and back to base.
    First earn gold by doing trading between towns, non-fighting missions and so on. Invest gold in development of your town structures - that will bring you more gold in back. Try to capture enemy ships (by killing crew) instead of sinking them - then sell that ships in other towns - that's additional gold.

15. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    #35 FuriousThumbs, Jun 11, 2016
    This game looks so good from the screenshots and videos. How active the multiplayer player fan base? Does it have timers like clash of clans?

Is there any sources around where i can read about the ships in the game. I have seen that the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchmen are in it.

16. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    It's because you stand against the wind. You should put up front sails (back sails down) and turn.
    Check short tutorial on website for more info: http://homenetgames.com/?page_id=32

17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #37 Gwarmaxx, Jun 11, 2016

try to sail in open world mode and search shipwrecks, goodies from sunken ships, capture some smaller merchant vessel and then sell everything in a near port (better if you return straight to it, not in open world, so avoid suprises loosing all your gainings). believe me, it's all very realistic.

yesterday i had a very realistic situation: went straight to board a merchant ship with my brig and ketch, in the process i was alerted that an enemy ship was approaching, so i let it go the merchant and turned my ships on the pirate schooner (i've first checked it through the spyglass), gave my ketch the order to attack with chained cannonballs to reduce enemy speed, and i've attacked it with cannonballs.
    at some point i've started to sail away with brig then took command of my ketch and tried to board the enemy, already knowing that i would never made it, but my intention was to decimate enemy's crew, not defeat it with a much smaller ship.
    so, when i loose the fight, i've re took control of the brig and came back to board the damaged enemy schooner... guess what was the end? now i'm have a schooner and a brig... it was intense and very realistic.

wonderful game!

18. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Multiplayer isn't so crowded but you should usually find someone for a game. Multiplayer matches are simple, you choose one of your ships and play until you win or loose.

In the game itself there is a "Book of ships" option and you can see all types of ships and its statistics, for premium ships there are also short descriptions under "?" or "Buy" buttons.
    Also take a look at "The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt Community" facebook group, players are posting there a lot of tips about game.

19. Morgan01

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    #39 Morgan01, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Thanks for the advice. When restoring purchases, do you restore all or can you pick and choose what purchase to restore?

20. JacekS

JacekS Active Member

Jun 5, 2016
    All non-consumable purchases are restored. Note that ships are consumables - because you can buy more then one.
    If you have bought some consumables and lost it or you must restart game, please write e-mail to [email protected] and we will add it to your save. You need to save game using "Cloud Save" option and give us your e-mail used to register in "Cloud Save".