The Phantom Menace 3D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by starjimstar, Dec 9, 2011.

1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Yes, it's really a thing! :eek:

The good news is that all 6 films will be given a 3rd dimension. I must admit I am a little excited about seeing A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back in 3D. I only hope George Lucas doesn't liberally sprinkle them with new digital creatures to fly towards the audience just to justify the gimmick.

On the other hand, a 3D Jar Jar Binks conveniently arriving in 2012 makes me wonder if the Mayans were on to something after all.

2. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

Do you have any doubt that he will? You're talking about someone who can self-justify adding CG rocks and dialog edits for a simple blu-ray release. It's pretty safe to assume every new edition will include a bunch of unnecessary edits because apparently Lucas hates Star Wars fans even more then I do.

3. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    never actually cared for the films - and probably won't spend money to see 'em in 3d.

However I listened to the entire Radio Drama that was released for the first 3 films - and absolutely loved it. Only one I think is better is the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas radio drama (which got me through many a night shift at my last job).

4. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Jesus on a tricycle, hasn't he milked this shit enough?