The Perfect Case?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iPodTouchApplication, Apr 2, 2009.

1. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I have spent endless hours looking for the ideal case for my iPod Touch 2nd generation. I wanted a case that combined style and protection in a compact, lightweight design. With the iSkin touch Duo case I found exactly what I have been looking for!
    The iSkin touch Duo, made by iSkins, inc, is a stylish silicon case with endless features. The silicon wraps completely around your iPod so nothing is vulnerable. And not only does it cover your entire iPod, but it covers it in a sleek, bulk-free way. In order to completely protect your device a screen guard must be incorporated into the screen. The screen guard in the touch Duo is easy to removeand does not take any functionality away from the iPod. This case also comes with a textured surface that makes your iPod easy to grip so you won't be dropping your iPod anytime soon. This case's design manages to cover all ports while keeping them easily accesible--a very important feature! These are just some of the many innovative and furturistic aspects of the iSkin touch Duo case. The case itself comes in four different colors: red, expresso, blue, and frostred clear. Finally! A case that has it all. Endless protection and style! It costs $34.99 but with all of the features you are getting it is well worth it.
    http://www.iskin.com

2. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i have a really light weight and durable case. its made of plastic/metal and it covers the whole back. it feels really nice. im not sure what kind of case it is but its really nice.

3. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    did they pay you to advertise for them?? j/k, but it really sounds suspicious.

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I just ordered my case from iSkin. But this seems like an ad

5. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Same for me.
    I still prefer my Switch Easy Rebel Touch Devil Case :)
    It's US$ 10 cheaper and offers nearly the same kind of protection as the iSkin Touch Duo. It comes in more colors and is delivered with a stand, two screen-protectors, a dock connector and of course the hybrid casing.

One thing I don't like about silikon cases is the grip. They can't be slipped easily inside my (jeans) pockets. The Rebel can and the haptic is still so good that I don't loose it even when my hand is sweaty.

And for those who rely want a silikon skin around their iDevices, switch easy offers a three-part case, where the inner layer is made of flexible silikon and the two outer parts of the casing are made of poycarbon.

6. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Touch Duo looks cool! But I definetly agree with Crypton on the silicon cases.

I personally have SwitchEasy - NeoTouch and I am extremely happy with it. You can see some photos made by me here. This case (like all the SwitchEasy cases) is really cool not only because it looks ultra stylish, but because they are bunch of cool extras that come with it. The NeoTouch includes modified Universal Dock Adapter and Video Dock Stand. :cool:

There is also a special 3.5mm cable that you can plug in the iPod and then plug your headphones in it. The standard headphones that came with the iPod are ok even without it, but if you have something with bigger jack, this is really hand.

Not to forget that there is a Power Jack Connector Protector.

Bottom line: GREAT product, definitely made by people who think! :D

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Not impressed with OP.
    I have the black Speck PixelSkin case. It's a bit pricey and shipping is $7.50 from their site.
    Try eBay, you can get one for about $23.
    Also, check out the Speck ToughSkin.

8. Crypton

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yeah, I do love my video stand. It's especially handy if your flying. Just put it on the food-tray, plug the earphones in, lay back and enjoy the envy of your seat neighbor. :D

I prefered the Rebel over the Neo, because I liked the colors better. If the Neo comes out with more colors, I might get one of those.

9. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    To be honest I spend long time wondering which one to buy, but in the end I decide that I like the "Neo" design more. But the Rebel is really cool two.

BTW what color did you get and can you post some real photos of the case?

I got the Black one :)

10. Crypton

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    #10 Crypton, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    Here are some pix from my RebelTouch Devil case.
    I was tempted by the Arctic (see-through), but got the Devil because I liked the color combination better.

As you can see, I have a different screen protector than the ones which were delivered with the case. That's because I got that screen protector just some days before my case was delivered and didn't see any reason to trash it.

Ohh, and for those wondering. The stand in the background has two positions how the iDevice can be placed. The black thingy is the dock-protector, which I placed on the stand.

Attached Files:

11. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    SwitchEasy Neo Touch + 2G Touch = perfection :D

12. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Whatever you do don't buy the griffin reflect