The Paladin’s Story- Mobile Singleplayer RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Plundergames, Feb 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    #1 Plundergames, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    The Paladin's Story

Beta

The Paladin's Story is in open Beta and can be tested via Apple TestFlight. Use the following link to apply as Beta tester: https://testflight.apple.com/join/PivP7DFa

Description

Rename from The Elder's Quest to The Paladin's Story.
    The Paladin's Story is a RPG that delivers a classic roleplay experience with absurd humour to mobile devices.

As in no other game before you have to save the world ... ok maybe not completely new but this time you have to fight the mighty orcs ... ok we had that before too but you get this mission from a strawberry-loving maniac ... yeah that is new.

So besides this *cough* innovative story you can live the RPG dream with hoarding piles of items and pumping up your attributes to transform your character into a killing machine.

[​IMG]

Features
    • Over 150 absurd Quests with a lot of stupid decisions and a strawberry loving maniac AKA The Elder.
    • Over 100 weapons that only wait for a item-greedy adventurer like you to be picked up.
    • 30 learnable skills to stomp your enemies into the ground or wherever else you want to stomp them.
    • 9 different areas to explore.
    [​IMG]

More Media

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

David A and Rocksaint like this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looks good, I do love a good RPG game. Downloading now.

3. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Thank you. If you have any feedback or suggestions feel free to share.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Downloading now too!

5. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Same here. :)

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, seems wonderful, i'm going to test it.

7. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Great game!! I'm playing it and it's one of the best releases of the 2020. The humour in it is hilarious!!

8. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Great to hear. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can also join the discord and reach me there: https://discord.gg/cwkqkGn

9. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    This looks really good. Looking forward to checking it out. Will this be a premium release?

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #11 stubbieoz, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Echo @yankeeblue000 post..... Premium?

Oh and yeah..... downloading now to give a test drive. :p

EDIT;
    Ugh........ ads :(

EDIT, again;
    OH JOY!..... one off purchase, gives you a whole lot of stuff and gets rid of ads. Looks like it does in fact give you a full premium game.

....... to be continued.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #12 stubbieoz, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    The Home bar setting in the game on the latest iPad Pro’s is currently set at disappear. This means one accidental swipe up will close the game.
    Dev.... please change the home bar to be grey. That requires two swipes up to close the game, prevents accidental closure.

Oh and the game really deserves seperate sound effects and music volume sliders rather than just a useless single sound on/off option. :(

And why is the game called The Elders Quest here and The Paladin’s Story on my iPad? :confused:

12. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Good stuff. Thanx :)

13. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Thank you for the feedback. I will look into this one. Is the swipe to close a new feature? I have only a iPhone 5s for testing.
    Can you tell me the use case when this sliders are needed? Most of the time it is probably more convenient to regulate the audio over the phone. The only case I can imagine is when you want to play your own music.
    The Paladin's Story is the new name of the game. I try to rename it here, but don't know if this is possible.

14. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    I like The Elders Quest more or Paladins Quest IMO sounds better

15. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    I agree but there is already a game out that is named Paladin's Quest

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Changed the name for you.

17. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Many thanks for that.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The swipe up of the home bar (which replaces the physical home button found on older devices) causes the current application to close and you go back to your home screen. It is on the latest iPad Pro’s and iPhones. A developer should have the home bar set to a grey colour, which requires two swipes to close the application. This helps prevent accidentally closing the application.

The reason for the request for seperate music and sound effect volume sliders is because in most games I like to have the music somewhat quieter than the sound effects, mainly because a lot of games have crap music. You currently only have an on/off switch for all audio.
    It might not be a concern for others but I always prefer to have the option to lower (but not turn off) the games music level.
    With that being said luckily your game does not have overpowering loud obnoxious music. ;)

19. Plundergames

Plundergames Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Thank you for the elaborate answer. I will try to get my hands on the latest iPhone/iPad to test this behavior.

With the sliders I am not sure yet. I think a separate control for muting sound and music makes definitely sense. But for sliders I am not totally convinced yet. I think I need feedback from more people on that to decide.

stubbieoz likes this.