Universal The Other Brothers - (by 3D ATTACK INTERACTIVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
  2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Probably not too long but I stopped playing after 3 levels as the level design, controls and enemy difficulty were annoying and just not fun. As much as I wanted to enjoy it, I couldn't. I'd say, regrettably, skip it and play a better 2D platformer, there are way better options on the AppStore. It's a shame really as I believe a few tweaks would have made this a strong contender. But as is, I can't recommend it to anyone.

3. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Tweaks and new content coming in a future update :)

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah, really?!?!?!
    Looks like I've gotta finish up a couple games and reinstall this one!! =oD

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Just realized how amazing this would be with a MFi controller... that'd pretty much solve every problem people had with it.

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    What the....?

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I played it using my iCade and the game still wasn't very good. For example, having to bounce multiple times on opponents who punch back was just no fun in my opinion. The game is just too frustrating overall even though the controls were not an issue for me.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This. No doubt physical controllers will make this game more playable for me.

I hope it gets better with keypad rather than a joystick.

9. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Just reinstalled, brings back fond memories.

In a way, I always felt bad for the devs of this game as silly as it sounds. It was so incredibly hyped up there was no way it could have ever matched it. Love the game though.

I'd also love to read one of those Developer write up stories some devs do explaining how everything went with their game, what they encountered, and how they feel everything ended up. Similar to how the developers of
    "Combat Monsters" did.

10. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Wow this game really fell under the radar. Like the above poster said, I remember everyone fawning over it before it came out, and then...the backlash. Hopefully the devs are working on making it better.

11. Blackcat1313

Blackcat1313 Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    As much as I hope so, I teally doubt anything will happen at this point. I go back and try to replay this game occasionally and it's just so brutally hard it's zero fun. I cant even jump on the most common enemy effectively, and the wrench throwing powerup is only temporary unlike say the fire flower in regular mario bros. Your guy is so outgunned it's hilarious. Worst letdown of 2013, should have deleted a long time ago, now I am doing so.

12. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    There's something about this game that I always find interesting, not necessarily the game its self, but how the whole thing panned out, from the first upcoming announcement, to the 100 pages of disappointment, to the studios changing, the entire saga.

If anyone from simian squared reads this, would ever care to do a short write up of your experiences with this game and how you felt about it, and what happened?

13. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    So there isn't any hope for an update? I didn't feel encouraged to read the latest posts since I'm saddened by the entire thing, but what can you share on the subject?

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game is amazing. Might buy

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow.

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Ok. Thanks

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Lmao... I know, right.

I got kind of excited seeing this thread get posted in again. Thought that fabled update might have finally been submitted (never know with all the older games getting updated these days...).

Oh well...

At least we now know someone thinks this game is amazing... Even if it wasn't amazing enough for them to buy or play beforehand...