Universal The Other Brothers - (by 3D ATTACK INTERACTIVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Fantastic news...can't wait for this update, the game it's awesome!!

2. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Some of the changes coming in next update:

- much more balanced difficulty curve and game speed, less intense, less unfair, and much more fun for it.

- full icade/input device menu system so you do not need to touch the screen if you use iCade or the up-coming Apple supported joysticks.

- once again revised touch screen controls to be even better.

- various quality enhancements to graphics and sound plus better reworked level flow.

- 3 exciting new levels with brand new ai enemies plus story progression and new powerups and a new boss!

- Time changed from a countdown clock to a sonic-esque timer for speed runs and game center best times. It didn't make sense to count down and we don't think anyone liked being rushed. This way, you rush if you want to beat the best times.

Sorry it's taken so long but I'm a tad overworked at the moment, but I think we have addressed all the issues players have been asking for. Don't forget there will be more free updates to follow this one.

3. kronuminitiativ

Apr 13, 2013
    The update sounds promising, thanks for continuing your efforts to better this game. If and when I can, I would like to make a donation. If possible, could you tell me how I could go about doing that?

4. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Wasn't this game supposed to get Game Center achievements?

5. When is the update coming out?

Icade joystick is great in this game!!!!!

Glad I got to help in this one with icade! Woohoo!

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    When the update does finally come out, I may download the game again and give it another chance. It's been a long 3 months. Hopefully the wait isn't too much longer. Please post when the update is submitted.

7. Woohoo!!!

This was one of my comments long ago, when I was helping you with icade controls like the hide buttons thing that you did for me a while back.

Thank you SimianSquared! You are the best!!!! :)

8. kronuminitiativ

Apr 13, 2013
    At this point, I assume the game will be iOS 7 compatible as well (come next update)? Also, any ETA on the update?

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Hello?

**knocks on screen**

Anyone home?

Is the game abandoned due to not selling well.. or what?

Just curious since the update was last mentioned by the dev well over 2 months ago.

10. We need apple joystick support too!

11. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Is this game just err... sleeping, or has it taken "the big sleep"?

12. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I finally got around to playing this game, bought it on release day and watched "d-pad gate" go down with a mixture of horror and amusement...

The game has such a cool style to it, and the controls ended up being pretty damned tight. There is just... something... Lacking. I dunno what it is, we certainly NEED platformers like this, it just feels like there is something missing to me. It seems like the character should be able to kick some ass, like I want to punch and kick and stuff, but in the end you kind of have to realize that offensive maneuvers in this game are a temporary power-up at best.

I hope these guys haven't vanished from iOS gaming, there is a magic to the art and style of this game - but it doesn't seem like this game lived up to the hype in the end.

13. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I guess this game died. What a shame.

14. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Absolutely. Hopefully that isn't what happened , though.

15. SimianSquared

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Hi Guys,

Rob here from Simian Squared. We were previously unable to continue development due to many reasons. But we are ensuring the continuation of The Other Brothers by buying the IP rights, a move agreed on by all parties.

We will be moving forward with the requested updates, but the game will change quite a bit. This will also include the last half of the game.

I cannot give any firm dates yet although it makes us here very happy to know you will get the last half of the game and some significant improvements/changes.

Thanks again for your patience!

16. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for the info. Looking forward to whatever may come.

17. SimianSquared

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    For a very limited time we are doing a fire sale on TOB! so if you are on the fence now is the time. It's only for a very short duration though, as we don't believe in under-selling or race to the bottom. Thank you all for your support :)

18. kronuminitiativ

Apr 13, 2013
    I am glad you guys are back, but is it really going to be the last half of the game? I was hoping for at least a couple more updates that would allow the game to progress. Still, I definitely cannot wait for an update.

19. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Agreed..why was it nessescary they buy the IP rights ?

20. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    How long is this game and how's the replayability?