Universal The Other Brothers - (by 3D ATTACK INTERACTIVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ChimpSquared

ChimpSquared Member

Apr 7, 2013
    We'll see about that!

2. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Wooops wrong thread

3. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    {turns on the other brothers} {dies} {turns off} {repeats}

4. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I feel your pain... This game is just not clicking for me unfortunately :-(, I really want to like it & was one game I couldn't wait to come out, but alas it seems it's not for me. I'll keep on trying & hopefully one day I'll learn to love it! :). What's equally frustrating is I should like this game, as it has all the hallmarks of well crafted platformer, from awesome music, great graphics, interesting story/characters & also now with new & improved handling. :-(

5. ThomasP

ThomasP Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    It's tough to please every gamer. As a little tip, it's really rather important that you hold on to your pigeons! If you get hurt don't panic. Stay calm and try to jump/re-collect the flying pigeons. Every enemy reacts different. In a way they are "smart" and you have to figure out their "behavior". Surely, our game is a bit more challenging but it's also very rewarding if you manage to beat a level or boss.

6. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    thanks for the advice. i love the game but those cuban-smokin goombas are kickin my butt! i'll keep at it!

7. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    "No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing." --Hunter S.Thompson

I think one of the best things about this game is that it doesn't just walk me through it.

8. Wizardo

Wizardo Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Starving indie developer
    New Jersey!
    Game looks marvelous! I applaud your decision to go with the 2 dollar price.

Congratulations and good luck!

9. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA

Thank you Wizardo. To everyone else, we are working on more content at the moment :)

10. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Another piece of fan art was spotted today: [​IMG]

11. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Hey folks, just wanted to update everyone on what we're doing. Bjorn is currently painting the next "Boss" level after I finished up designing the next batch of levels for TOB. Gsep is putting together the cutscene at the moment and Dave Dexter is working hard on new tracks for each of the new levels!

Speaking of music, maybe some of you know of "Jordan Rudess? He is the keyboardist at "Dream Theater". He has written an exclusive track for TOB which will be in our upcoming update! If you want to get the track now simply sign up on his website (newsletter) at: http://www.jordanrudess.com/

Attached Files:

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    So any more control tweaks or changes to difficulty? I really like the game in concept, but have held off on playing more in hopes of any more changes in these areas. If those aren't being looked at any further, I may just redownload and keep trying unless it gets too frustrating.

13. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Thanks ThomasP. That fan art is flat out incredible

14. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Yes enemies are being tweaked as well. However, don't expect a walk in the park. The game is challenging and even though there will be adjustments to enemies it will remain a challenging but rewarding and entertaining game. Robert is also going to further refine the already great control options!

15. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Yeah the controls are getting another pass, enemies are getting tweaks across the board. Thomas won't let me make them TOO easy though.

I really like the new levels coming soon that Thomas and the team have been hacking away at and hope you will too.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Sounds good. I like a challenge, but a little more tweaking and I know this could be one of my favorite iOS platformers. And I appreciate how responsive you already have been as devs. :)

17. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    We try our best to please a wide audience and looking at the current ratings it seems most people enjoy the game. However, there is always room for improvement/tweaks and that's what we're doing :)

18. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
  19. kronuminitiativ

Apr 13, 2013
    Has there been any progress towards the next update? I have been waiting for a while now and would like to know.

20. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Hey there Kronuminitiativ,

Yes we are working on Episode2 which will feature a few more new levels and boss fight plus another cool cutscene. New soundtracks for each level have been done and mastered as well. It's coming together. There was a bit of a delay but we're back on track now.