The Oscars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by NotYou, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    oh, well you said any of the movies

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    It was actually disqualified, for the most ridiculous reason, but then that was overruled, so idk.

And i didnt have a chance to see the tribute vid, i plan on watching it on youtube or an oscars website. And i liked ironman (even though the fact that some considered it better than TDK is appalling), and the hulk was entertaining. I liked the poster at least (i have a 6ft tall one hanging on, my wall lol)

Im also excited to see how watchmen will be

3. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i like the scene where they are in the car talking about randal's cousin and how he died. It reminds me of heath ledger, doing something amazing but losing your life when it is over.

4. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    same here, have you read the GN? Im a big comic fan.

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Interesting.
    I think the soundtrack for The Dark Knight is one of the best I've heard in a very long time. It blends styles of music in ways that I think is just plain genius. I was a little stunned when I heard it wasn't nominated.

6. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Im not much of a comic book fan, but idk, i just really liked that trailer. Im half sure it was the music.

I agree, it captured the mood so well, also. I cant wait until the next, but i also dont want to have too many expectations, i love when sequels are successful.

7. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I loved Wall-E, but Coraline (to me) seemed liked the best animated flick of the year..... well.... it did come out only a few days before the Oscars :p

I really enjoyed Gran Torino and Benjamin Button, maybe a bit more attention to those would have been nice. Lastly, I never saw Slumdog Millionaire so I can't complain. It's going to the Oscar parties, not the actual Oscars sometimes :)

8. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    I loved wall-e, it had so much charm, and as for coraline, they should be hung for making their audience stare for 2.5hrs into that 3d screen lol. Not to mention the presence of a thong, in a childs movie no less.

9. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Ahh, those strange ladies living downstairs. I found the movie to be another masterpiece in the form of stop-motion, which is a great type of art.

10. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Well im sorry i couldnt admire that, i wish i could have, but i had a girlfriend getting a migrane from all of the eye strain lol.