The Old Farts discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by TrueBlou, Jan 14, 2016.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Wow! Kinda surprised (but glad) I'm not the oldest of the oldest! I'm 57! Guess I'm still an immature kid! (That's what my wife says, anyway!) I always tell her if I start to act 'mature' she better slap the you-know-what outta me! Proudly, I'm forever a kid, loving life, and after officially retiring 8 years ago at a semi-young age, I have time to do anything I want anytime! I'm SO lucky, and can also afford to do anything or buy anything I want as well!!! I'm always busy doing all kinds of fun stuff and of course family obligations and whatever comes up! Started gaming in 1972 with Pong and have had every console ever made except 2, as well as every hand-held ever made--- not to mention a few stand up arcade games, a few pinball tables, slot machines, pachinko, and a video poker game from Vegas. Still heavily into gaming, I write for a couple of websites, am a mod at another, and have helped design a few games, help foreign developers translate to 'Engrish', beta test still, and for awhile worked at 2K Sports. Also a couple other gaming gigs I'd rather not mention here for personal reasons. Serious experience!! Here's to another great year filled with awesome titles and unforgettable experiences! ( holding my glass up and making a toast) I wish everyone here a year filled with health, wealth, and happiness! #

2. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland

Thank you, here's wishing you all the best too.
    Do we (men) ever really grow up? I'm still a big child according to the wife, can I help it if I giggle at farts :D

Hope you enjoy your retirement, I tried that a few years ago when I was still in my 30's. Got bored and ended up making iOS apps, it's just a hobby but I love doing it, even if it takes too much of my time now. Ah well, never did like being idle.

Can't believe this thread is still going. Wish my game threads got as much attention :p

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Old farts never die - their smell just loses its potentcy. Lol.

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I think it gets way worse..... you have not met my 93 year old father in law..... farts ALL day, never once says "excuse me".......

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It is probably just his way of letting everyone know of letting everyone know he is still alive and kicking.

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I take full advantage of my farts and use em' more as a propellant to get around a little faster. Call em' booster farts. The smell lets everyone know I'm on the move.:D

7. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey, most of us know there's only one thing worse than gettin' down on the ground like that. Getting UP again!!!!! Right?! #

8. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I dunno about that! My grandfather when he was in his late 80's used to hold it in and then let it out when everyone was in the room, and his farts were still frikkin' NASTY! Swear to god he'd foul the air for 20 feet around him, and we'd all run in the opposite direction! Not only that, but I'm not kidding when I say the temperature in the air would increase like 5 or 6 degrees around him in addition to that terrible, rotten smell, and he'd genuinely get off on it! Never forget that ever! He held the bar high, and I can never compete with that---(even though secretly, I wish I kinda COULD!) LOL!! #Don't tell anyone about that, ok? It's just between us!! #

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    My father once let off a stream that lasted probably 5-7 seconds. My brother and I were mortified as in the 60's, one never would acknowledge an adult ever having an embarrassing moment. My dad turned to the both of us and said "whew! I thought I was going to go into orbit with that one."

Ok, no more fart jokes from me. Anyone want to pull my thumb? :D:D:D

10. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    4realz m'Lord!!!!! Muscles b aching & bones b cracking. Along wit my farts i gotta good musical solo goin on

11. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Thanks for the mental picture! # Got a good laugh outta that!
    Tell ya what!
    I LOVE this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Well, that was unexpected and hilarious whitewolf.

13. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I find myself playing older games. Built a MAME cabinet - it plays retro and new games. I'm 49.

I'm old school apparently. I don't believe in nickel and dime-ing customers who are trying to enjoy a simple video game. I jumped out of the developer racket after my latest game. I don't enjoy mobile gaming anymore really. Too much money invested in how to sell IAP, not enough invested in giving a crap about the customer.

I stopped by here today on a whim, I doubt I will come back. It's been real! :)

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    #214 7lilwhitewolf7, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    it'z a...beautiful day in the neighborhood

A beautifulday in the neighborhood

Would you be mine
    Couldn't you be mine
    Won't you be my neighbor

Wall-E rolls up on Schplurg and hands him a piece of paper that says take this to thread Is it possible to retire from here?

15. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Naw, man! Don't go away!! # I enjoyed your 'Dave' games and waited for the longest time for you to pop that last one! You're a good dev, always have been, and an asset to this site as well IMO! To me, you're one of the good guys! # There's lots of us old skool guys around here, and there's always gonna be greedy bastards out there, but don't let it jade you like that, man! I'm sorry you feel you don't enjoy mobile gaming anymore! Your views as to how it should be are right-on, always have been, and I'm sorry, but you are too smart and valuable to walk away from something like this that you are so passionate about!!!! If folks like you walk away like that, the other side will win! We can't have that!!!! Stick around, bud, we need you! I personally hope you will. ##

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    #216 7lilwhitewolf7, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Tryin 2 adjust to the weather cuz hibernation time iz over. Drops of the rain slowly sooths their pain. Great nap time here in TA with the sounds of old farts snoring. It will be rise & shine soon 4 the wise ones hopeing to explore. Yawning and stretching, stretching and yawning