The Official RPG Reload Play-Along Thread: Final Fantasy Series

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Jan 5, 2017.

1. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm going to pull back on grinding too. I just made it through the Earth Cave and back out without curing anyone. That's no fun. I'm going to start running from everything.

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Longer, anyway.

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Playing risky :) I'm still taking my time but I'm at Mt Duergar now

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    What level does red mage need to be to learn curaga
    Hanging out at melmond

5. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    My magic glitched again, this time in my favor (though I didn't really need it). I was randomly given access to Curaga, and many other slots were redundantly filled with Cure.

This was during my second trip into the ice cave. First trip was a rather quick game over. Even my well leveled party got smacked around by Paralyze and instant death attacks. When we finally finished the goal, I stopped at my favorite grinding spot, smashing Evil Eye repeatedly. I stopped at level 30, around 5 hours of total playtime. Now off to the northern lands...

Attached Files:

6. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I think level 22, but I'm not 100% sure.

7. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Now I feel crazy lol :p I usually spend more hours than the average person, but I just completely lost myself in that game. Nothing were missable so I got every enemy, every chest, all the extra stuff with the labyrinths and everything. Some of them were pain I admit it.

My sister is peptalking me right now. I have a tendency to take on waay too much. I guess I should wait and try to finish FFIV first.

That rolling random team though... So tempting..

8. Chrissybaby

Chrissybaby Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Hi guys, too late to jump in on this? I'm thinking about starting up, haven't played ff1 in probably a decade :)

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Come on in, the water is fine!

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Join us, Winter, join us...

11. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey I'm starting late, but better late then never! Rolled 3,2,6,6. Already miss a healer.
    Hey falcon, I'm using the portal version too, and I had a full playthrough on it last year. This glitch happens a lot, just be careful because if you use it too much the game will freeze and crash. Best thing for me was to quit and restart the game whenever it happened.

Attached Files:

12. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    #112 falcon815, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    What is this, I don't even. The game crashed on this attempt to use magic outside of battle, making me thankful for the quick save.

Is anyone else using the Portal version, or are you all doing the standalone app?

Edit: ninja'd while I was typing

Attached Files:

13. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Class change and Marilith down inside of an hour. Random battles now mostly trivial, as I have four Protect Rings, the Healing Staff, and the Gauntlets. I'm barely having to use magic at all; it's mostly getting rid of statuses at this point.

Fighter #1 still has lower max HP than the White Mage.

Attached Files:

14. Chrissybaby

Chrissybaby Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Interesting party using the dice roll. Heals will be hard to come by!

Attached Files:

15. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah but the amount of damage you can do with that team will be crazy high near the end of the game. Better stock up on some potions though!

16. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Kraken down. Dungeon was easy, but the Kraken itself took a while. I am very displeased with my Fighter damage output. Might need to see if I missed a good buyable weapon, I have gil to burn.

...and Fighter #1 is still lower HP than the white mage.

This quick progress brought to you by tons of time with my baby daughter (whose middle name is from a different FF title) napping on my shoulder. Daddy is clearly the best pillow.

Attached Files:

17. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Reached Elfheim, and thanks god for AOE spells - grinding for cash was not very effective because of the need to go back to town every few battles for healing, but now battles end quickly enough.
    Still miss the white mage though.

18. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Late to the forum party, but I had actually fired up a new game on FF1 last week so it balances out. :cool:

I'd forgotten how much wandering around you do in FF, but getting lost in this nerfed version is just lining my pockets! ... as soon as I can find a great store I'm set. ;)

19. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    So it won't let me post pictures any more, but my dreamteam is as follows:

Yorda - White mage
    Kairi - Thief
    Terra - Red Mage
    Winter - Black Mage

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK, I am massively overleveled. I have quit grinding but got a bit carried away before the marsh cave. Can't row back now. Anyway, my band of thieves and mages have blown a hole in the very land, thanks to a helpful dwarf, and are ready to voyage beyond the Circle Sea. Not sure what Jean did to annoy the RNG gods, but he has the Wyrmkiller, so don't laugh at his HP.

Attached Files: