The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice!!

I'm obsessed by RomancingSaGa2 still and also loving XenobladeChr2

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    RomancingSaGa2 rocks I bought the Japan and us version I liked it that much ha
    I’m stuck I’ve visited Yang (yay he’s still alive I like him) I need to return to the overworld to get the frying pan from his wife so I can hit him over the head with it haha
    But I can’t get back to the overworld even though I have the airship w drill equipped simply won’t let me
    I’ve unsealed the cave and all that now I haven’t finished the sealed cave however I did finish the Sylph Cave but before beating the sealed cave i need to go to the overworld to get the frying pan and Excalibur
    For the life of me I can’t figure out why I can’t go back the overworld :( I will figure it out hopefully online hasn’t really helped me
    I do have leviathan and Asura now yay
    I’m very far :)

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I figured it out
    Now I have the knife from yangs wife plus Sylph and Odin summons I have Excalibur and I’ve been to the moon :)
    I’m gonna mess around a minute then I will go nab Fusoya and get the Bahamut summons and beat the game lot of bosses at the end to gear up for

4. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice :D

5. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I recall FFIV having a surprisingly long endgame once you get to the moon. Good luck!

Still in DQIV. I’m amazed how few walkthroughs and guides to it there are.

6. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    And that's the end of chapter 2 in Dragon Quest IV. I personally felt this chapter went a bit too long, especially compared to the quick pace of Chapter 1. I also think I should have grinded for levels and items a bit longer in Chapter 1. The Chapter 2 team is coming out of their chapter far better equipped than the poor soldier from chapter 1.

I've heard good things about Chapter 3 so I'm looking forward to that. I've also heard some of the strategies for saving the money that is earned in Chapter 3 for later chapters.

7. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
  8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1888 Dailon80, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    I made it to the moon on IV!
    Took a break and now I’m playing FFVI and I’m 10 and a half hours into it and this is most I have ever played vi for whatever reason I haven’t ever gave it the proper time and now that I have I’m in love with it. I see why VI is so well liked now this play through I’m really enjoying it and taking my time to gain abilities and just enjoy the various towns.
    Right now I just got the espers for Ramuh and the gang so I’m getting all the abilities for each character before I move on to the opera house it’s time consuming but it’s worth it and I’m almost done Kirin takes forever :) when I got Gau I took the time to learn every ability in the voldt so its looking good

9. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    It's hard for me to separate the actual gameplay of Vi from the glow of nostalgia. But I love that scene where you get Ramuh. Poignant and powerful.

Gau is one of my all-time favorite characters, both storywise and gameplay-wise. Rage is amazing; make sure to use Stray Cat! And late in the game: Rafflesia. But that's all I'll say about that, without spoilers.

But, yeah: my end-game party always consisted of Edgar, Cyan, Mog, and Gau.

What a phenomenal game.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks for the tips! I have the Mog now (and I did pick up all the dances in the balanced world including the water one from Barren Falls) I just completed the sealed cave and the Blackjack crashed now I am going back in the sealed cave because I didn't get the Ultima Weapon thankfully it's not too late... had a hard time finding it first time through so i am gonna use a walkthrough this time so I don't miss it
    I am loving every minute of it... initially I thought Gau was a terrible character but I am loving some Rage and have spent hours getting abilities for it and hours getting abilities from magicites so much so I am overpowered at the moment but it's all good!

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Got Ultima now yay I can move on
    :)

12. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    When I head for Kefka’s tower one of the teams is Mog, Gau, Umaro, and Gogo. That exact team tends to be my opener against Kefka too. It’s a testament to how crazy VI is that the team not only works but can advance fairly far in against Kefka if not outright win. That team features three really powerful tanks (Gau, Mog, and Umaro can easily hit sky high defensive stats) with Gogo being surprisingly capable of rounding out the team.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I love all the character choices
    I got Relm yesterday and I’m enjoying her character very different I hope she hangs around a while :) I’m investing a lot of time in making sure she has every ability possible

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Over the 24 hour mark on FFVI and still haven’t went to the floating continent :) taking my time ha

Attached Files:

15. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I always use Realm with Strago. Once she can actually control monsters her ability lets her help the old man round out his ability. Plus, they make a good one two wizard punch. They usually end up on a team with Shadow (Interceptor works for Realm too iirc). Toss a tanky guy in as number four and they’re a good assault team.

I don’t know if I’ve said this about VI but one of the things I love is that even with 14 characters I tend not ignore them all. The game really encourages you to build squads, especially in the World Of Ruin. Playing your four favorites just won’t cut it for the entire game even with the fact every hero can learn every magic spell.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I got all of Stragos abilities and Gau so now I am past the floating continent and at the world of ruin

17. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    Good job!

I finished Chapter 3 last night in DQIV. On to Chapter IV.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Final fantasy XV releases on PC Feb 1 could that be the same day the mobile version releases or close to it? Haven’t heard anything new on its release

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If not at the beginning of February (which would be exciting for me since I have my birthday off, Feb 2), then I bet it’ll be around March 6, when the Royal Edition is released. Or later that month when the second volume of the soundtrack is released. And to think I got the game last year on my birthday. So much FFXV! Glad I got a couple XV pieces on my sleeve this year.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I want a Cactuar tattoo that would be sweet :)