The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It is wow
    Monster Hunter RPG sweet
    I am very impressed with the graphics
    They did a great job on this game
    Loving it and yes very RPG ha

2. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Square Enix announced they will bring a new mobile FINAL FANTASY 15 to Mainland China in 2019.

It seems this is not the Pocket Edition but a brand new game built from the ground up.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, it looks like Monster Hunter meets Pokémon meets World of Final Fantasy. I’m about to open a Japanese iTunes account just to get this. I don’t know if we’ll see it in the West anytime soon (just like Dragon Quest VII). I’m sure they could release the English version, but I bet some license deal with Nintendo is holding it back. Hope I can fumble through the menus.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    If you have any issues with translations or menus
    Take a screenshot of the menu screens and use google translate and that will help
    You can screenshot anything and translate it on google translate

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I’ve put in a few hours now on Monster Hunter Stories and I’m loving it
    The game itself on the phone looks amazing
    It’s an RPG and it’s MH together two things I enjoy
    This is welll done for mobile
    Controls are easy to get the feel of
    Love the battles
    I can see myself putting a lot of hours into this game

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I just started a bit of it, and I’m surprised that I can navigate it so well without understanding the language. I’ll have to watch a play through to get the dialogue though. Glad I started the show so I know the story though. Man, this game is amazing! I love Love love turn based battles as much as I love MH, so I’m right at home with this. Thanks for the offer to help if I need it. I’ve found some online translation of the menus already!

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1847 Dailon80, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    World of Final Fantasy: Meli Melo is now out in Japan on iOS!
    I downloaded it but can't play it yet, it goes live 12-12 guessing that's 12-12 in Japan so maybe later today or in the morning i will get to play it and give my impressions

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I just saw that post! I sure hope the mention of a subscription isn’t necessary. I don’t know if I’d even be willing to pay monthly for a F2P game in English, let alone in Japanese. I’m sure if it goes well, though, we’ll eventually see it brought over here and slightly Westernized.

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Two things immediately turn me off with this one
    Subscription service (not sure yet if it’s necesaary I will let you know after it goes live and I can play it)
    And mostly auto battle from what I have read
    From what I gather in battle your only real thing you can do is employ a special move everything else is auto
    Honestly this sounds like a dud for me but I will give it a go anyways and find out since it’s FF
    From what I have read and from the description if this didn’t have a coat of FF paint on it I wouldn’t even download it at all

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah. I wish we could have had a port of the actual WoFF instead of yet another F2P (or even subscription-based) auto-battler. It's like taking something I love, then making it not fun, AND continuously charging me for it?!? At least we got Monster Hunter Stories and soon FFXVPE to enjoy.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I wish XVPE hadn’t got delayed that sucks so bad but at least it’s happening
    And I’m still curious as to what happened to FFXI mobile that was supposed to be this year
    With this one I’m curious to what the hello the subscription service is even for not getting that part of it

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I tried the mobile WoFF game this morning. And, as expected, it's just another boring gacha monster-collecting vehicle to feed collecting and gambling addicts' money. There doesn't seem to be any gameplay. You watch the monsters battle. Try to collect 4 star monsters. And, after a half an hour, I ended up with 2 of the same 4 star monster, 2 or 3 of the same 3 star monster, and a bunch of duplicate 2 star monsters. Quite disappointing. But, after playing the real WoFF, I can see how they came up with this blatant dacha collector. Besides the art and music, there isn't any fun here for me. Maybe the console sequel will be more fun... as long as they don't model it after this.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I second the above WoFF mobile sucks hate to say that cuz I love all things FF but the truth is it blows
    Auto battle with very little gameplay at all such a drag
    Give us FFXV PE!!!

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Today is officially 30 years since Final Fantasy released so I am wondering if they have anything releasing today!

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wish they’d plan it that well. It sure would be nice!

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Final fantasy record keeper Japan version which I recommend has some stuff around it
    If you haven’t got the Japan version it’s different with some up to date stuff and it’s great
    Rewards are friendlier too :)
    I wish we would get XV PE today but that’s not happeneing ha

17. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Merry Christmas everyone!!

Tons to do here, but in my freetime Romancing SaGa2 is swallowing my time. Bought on Vita and already 15 hours in. It's perfect fit for the Vita, a little easier to control than it was on he phone. There's so much managing that it is welcome to have the buttons. It's easily the most absorbing game I have played this year and exactly what I needed after been in sort of a gaming slump the last months.

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Really intrigued by Rom SaGa 2 - I always said I would get it. However, I am still knee-deep in Final Fantasy Tactics at the moment (just coming up to 50hrs), but I really want Rom SaGa to be a hit for Square. Torn between the iOS and the newly released Switch versions now - it's the same price, I think.

Aside from that, hope all you reloaders have a very merry RPG-filled Christmas! I'm going to be firing up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 come Christmas Day. Anyone else saving something up?

19. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I’m working through DQ III-VI over break. These breaks are when I make real advances on my RPG playing.

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I’ll be enjoying Monster of the Deep FFXV and Skyrim on PSVR on Christmas... that is, if I can put down the Monster Hunter World beta! As far as mobile goes, I’ve been enjoying the simplicity of FF Dimensions 2 and the puzzle of playing Monster Hunter Stories in Japanese without knowing Japanese. But MHST is amazing! I’m so glad I got a Japanese account for it. I should probably give Romancing Saga 2 another chance. But with everything I’ll be playing, and the anticipation of FFXVPE, I don’t know if I’ll be able to focus enough to start it again.