The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have been playing Final Fantasy V I got about 6 and a half hours in and didn't like the way my party was going so I am starting over again ha I love this game so good

2. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1822 Dailon80, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster is now on the Japan App Store both included in one game for 3400 yen or around 34$ US
    Here are a couple cutscene screenshots
    I now have on mobile FF1-7, 9, 10, 10-2, 13,13-2, and 13-lightning returns :) waiting on XV! Plus Tactics and both dimensions and IV after years

Attached Files:

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Wait, why? AP are limitless and only more plentiful the deeper you go into the game. There's no advantage at all to starting over.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    That’s valid ha I missed the death claw
    I never even saw him and I was wanting to snag that
    I am already back where I left off just now I have my characters set up how I want
    For whatever reason I’m liking this play through more too
    The time before these I got to stuck on the big run of bosses and I had went in not quite strong enough and couldn’t beat it so this time I’m gonna make sure I can tackle it
    I was stuck in a save against a boss I could not beat and no way to backtrack out
    Also this time I will consider Freelancers I never even thought about it that time

5. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Hi everyone :)

After beating Tactics I'm back in Cold Steel and I really want to beat it soon. It is a good game and I enjoy it, but it is too long in my opinion. I have 75 hours and in chapter 5.

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1826 Dailon80, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Every game in that series so rocks! I didn’t realize that one was that long I want to get it on steam
    I have the Trails In The Sky trilogy on both mobile and steam that’s how much I like them
    Once I get done with those I will go for Cold Steel
    Good to hear from you Winter
    I’m playing FFV and FFX/X-2 HD on mobile currently
    I love the X/X-2 HD remaster so good I have it on steam but now I’m glad I have it on mobile so much better mobile

7. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I’m going dark as I spend Thanksgiving in an internet free zone. Making progress on DQII so when I get back I hope to be done.

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Yikes! Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your fam

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, after about 25 pulls, I could only get a handful of Iris’ in FFBE. I swear, that game sucks at giving you the characters you want. There should only be those 4 characters in the FFXV pull. But I got 2 five star characters that I don’t care about. Such a disappointment every single time.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The draws are better in the Japan version but even still the game sucks at giving you good ones it’s usually one that it gives you multiples of too
    The reason I eventually just gave this game up is because every time I play it I have to wait 10 minutes to even play it because it has to update or load or whatever it’s so annoying
    I have my stuff saved so any time I can pull it back up but it’s too frustrating

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Getting started on FFX HD remaster mobile today
    Really like x and x-2
    Almost has a tomb raider feel to me at times guess it’s because of the era it came out
    I have the original on PlayStation both discs plus the steam version
    I taught my youngest daughter how to play FF on a PlayStation II with X-2 she liked it def a girls theme to that game :)

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Couple screens

Attached Files:

13. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    FFX is kind of where I checked out of Final Fantasy - it's the most recent one I've played, though I've still played earlier entries for the first time since then. I think it was the lack of an overworld that I kept expecting but never finding that dulled the edge for me. Still played through to the end, and dominated blitzball and all the rest, but it doesn't evoke the same feelings as FFVII or FFVIII for me.

Now, Final Fantasy Tactics on the other hand - what a game! I'm soooo late to the Reload party, but I love it! Doubt I'll be done by the end of November, but I can see me piling my time into it without even noticing. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is going to stay in its box next week...

Winter9, I'm very jealous of your Trails in the Sky - I'd love to play that game. Hope it comes to mobile or Switch, in a language I understand.

14. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    And back. Dragon Quest II is finished. Starting DQIII. I came off such a high from DQII that I bought the next trilogy. Looking forward to that next.

15. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    It's Trails of Cold Steel. It's very good, but I'm almost 80 hours into it and I want it done by now to be honest. I wish there was a little bit less dialog concerning quests. It's just a little bit too much.

16. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Winter9 - I felt similarly on Trails of Cold Steel, though I must have been speeding through some stuff that you aren't; by the time I was at 72 hours playtime I'd finished two playthroughs and would have had the platinum trophy if there weren't a silly "you must play for 100 hours" trophy. Still, TOCS 1 has a similar issue to Trails in the Sky first chapter... there's a very large amount of setup. And that's fine! The world is interesting, well-connected, and very detailed. I have serious issues with TOCS, though, because even with that large amount of setup, it feels like it takes way too long for interesting things to happen. There's a bit too much Persona 3/4-esque relationship building that doesn't feel like it ultimately means anything.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE - 4K & Full HD Remaster Coming soon for PC / STEAM
    had no idea this was coming in addition to Steam also on Playstation
    I need a PS now or a better CPU this is a must have!

18. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011

Yep.

I decided I'm done. I would have liked to see the story to the end, but I wasn't having fun any more. I might go back, but I figured skipping all dialog was pointless, might as well play something else.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Has anyone played Monster Hunter Stories before?
    I was wondering how much of an RPG it is...
    I’m about to pick it up on the Japan App Store
    Love monster hunter games just haven’t ever played this one and it looks more like an RPG which is super cool too

20. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It is, straight-up, an RPG.