The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I hadn’t heard a release date but Kotaku has posted the trailer for the game again. Seems like a sign it is soon.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #1802 Dailon80, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    半熟英雄 ああ、世界よ半熟なれ…!! by SQUARE ENIX INC

Grabbing this one up later today for sure along with the new game from HAL はたらくUFO by HAL Laboratory, Inc. both of these are Japan only

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Gonna be a surprise
    One day it’s just going to appear
    I feel it’s really soon though

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I was hoping they wouldn't just drop it, like they have with so many other big releases.
    It would be really fun to have a release date to look forward to, and get hyped about.
    But you're probably right. SE will just drop it out of nowhere on some non-normal release day.

5. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    Yeah, I have this weird feeling it's soon. Very soon.

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Same I’ have even started checking here and there :)
    I can’t tell if it’s a true feeling or wishful thinking ha

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1807 Dailon80, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    I just picked up the prequel Ace Attorney game that’s only on the Japan App Store
    Collection now complete

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Would love an English port.

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It’s been out a couple months and Shaun gave me the impression it’s not likely to happen so I went ahead and got it from Japan
    I also picked up a Square Enix game that is a port of a 1992 famicom game that spoofs final fantasy and romancing saga and it’s an interesting game (this one will never go west either) 2200 yen not a cheap game either but it’s fun I’m still learning it having never played it before previous not sure it’s ever been released west I think it hasn’t but I love the beautiful job they did on this one in keeping the graphics more authentic but with polish
    I included a pic of both and I got the ufo game from the makers of Mario and Kirby so I racked up on Japan store ha

Attached Files:

10. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I'm working through Dragon Quest II and taking my dear sweet time. It's a busy time of the year and as such, I've made very very very little progress. I've acquired the Prince of Crannock and I'm questing for the Silver Key, once I get better armor for the Prince. The grind is real.

Like I've said elsewhere, it's been years since I played this back on the NES. I don't have super fond memories but I'm hoping the remix goes better.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I is better than II
    II if I’m right is the one most people don’t like
    I found it to be okay III I like a whole lot

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    RPGolf is out and if you’re an RPG fan this is one you will want to check out, very good game!

13. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    Yeah, it ranks my least favorite of the first three DQ games easily. But I haven’t played it since it’s release on the NES. I recall getting frustrated by how useless the Prince Of Crannock felt as a character. I also recall a general sense of disengagement with the world.

The remix on iOS is going ok. With the caveat that I’m still in the early on the rails part, it doesn’t feel like the mess I recall from way back when.

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It’s still a good RPG
    I have all the DQ games on mobile even ViI from Japan store and I have played II the least but that makes me want to play it more now I need to get on it after I beat i I was going to tackle too but I just moved on to III instead and really enjoyed it
    VII is my favorite so far even over VIII
    I need to at least give II a better go

15. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I have the silver key. Whee! Now it's off to get the Princess of Moonbrooke. As I recall, she's pretty awesome and part of the reason that the Prince of Crannock feels so...meh.

On the upside though, the remix gives us the seeds. I've decided that I'm going to use those on the Prince. I checked, and he gets a few more pieces of equipment he can use. I'm hoping that between seeds and the new equipment he feels less like a place holder by the end of the game and more like an equal team member.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The mobile versions are better and I think they made them a little easier but that's fine by me!

17. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I definitely think it's easier. The Zoom spell gives access to Tantagel Castle earlier, where the improved Wizard Staff and Clothes of Hiding are sold along with the Sledgehammer and Iron helmet. That means I can grind against tougher enemies and score some more advanced gear a bit earlier in the game. Which I'm totally doing.

I had a good hour or two to play yesterday and got the Princess of Moonbrooke, so the band's all back together. I'm grinding in good old Alefgard for a while before I move on to the Tower of Wind.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1818 Dailon80, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    World of Final Fantasy: Meli Melo is coming by the end of 2017 to Japan App Store!

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I’m praying for a successful release and that it’ll come West! Or maybe they’ll surprise us and drop it there and here at the same time?!?

20. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    Good run yesterday. Got the windbreaker, boat, Gold Key, Jailer’s Key, and Water Gate key. Whew.

I’d forgotten the key system that’s all over the Erdrick trilogy. I hate key systems. I hate it in Final Fantasy I and I hate it here. But at least I’ve got all the keys.