The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It's fun. Kind of a simple RTS. You send armies out to fight other armies and take over castles. Battles are pretty much just the two sides smashing into each other, but you can use special creatures hatched from eggs to turn the tides. The game's tone is super-goofy, almost a mix of Vaudeville and pure slapstick. Not sure if Square will localize it or not... the humor would make for quite the translation challenge!

2. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    So, now I’m done with FFT, it’s time to get back to my Dragon quest run. I’ll start DQII soon. It’s been a while since I last played it back on the NES. About how long is the game? Any major changes for mobile to watch out for?

3. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The endgame has major changes to make it less annoying. One of the emblems is in a different place now. You should be able to sort it out though. As for the length I want to say something like 10 hours? Probably a more accurate number in my review if you check it.

4. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Good to know. I'll do some legwork.

5. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Just when you think RPG Reload can't get any better...

Shaun. I know you've answered this before. But PLEASE confirm, once again, that these will eventually be released in book form.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Broadcast Media in Japan (the company that brought FFXIII 1-3 to mobile) has now released FFIX yes it's already on mobile but this is the remastered console version and it looks really good. I may grab it down the road the pros and cons of this are the pro it would only take up around 30MB and it would look much better con is its equal to $25 US to buy it. Main reason I am considering it is the space it would free up on my phone but i will have to weigh whether its worth it, so far I have been very satisfied with Broadcast Media I also own the Legend of Heroes trilogy they put on mobile and it's really good too.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1787 Dailon80, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Also Witchspring 3 has dropped in Japan not sure about USA yet but if not it should eventually since the last two made it west. It’s out in USA too $3.99 looks really good

8. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The "Remastered" console version is literally the mobile version, though.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    At this point, it's actually hard to say if it will happen or not. The Patreon was supposed to help pay for that stuff, and it's not doing great at the moment. I also got a lot busier with my day job so I can't even go out on a limb for free like I could have before. I still hope to do it one day, though.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Good to know
    Can’t wait for XV Pocket Edition

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Me too! I'm literally checking every day. Thankfully, I'm distracted with Stranger Things the game and show right now. But my iPhone X with all its extra space is on the way. So, if I can ever get iCloud to back up my phone, I should be ready for it later this week!

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1792 Dailon80, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Okay how is final fantasy dimensions II 14.99$ in USA App Store when I have played it free in Japan for a while... is it a diff game? Surely cuz the one in Japan
    Is a free game and this is $15 I’m ready to toss the money it’s FF but not if it’s the same FTP game I’ve been playing for months and that I can continue to play free w my Japan account

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1793 Dailon80, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Okay I checked Japan App Store and the old Version is gone and replaced with this paid version too so I’m a buyer now and hoping that means stamina and junk that made it FTP will be gone
    I am buying it now and will report back if it’s the exact same as the FTP game I have played for months or if it’s diff I would know :)

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Intro was the same rest so far plays like a premium game and not a FTP game so far will come back again to update if that changes
    Loving it so far I loved the free version in Japan even with the FTP stuff involved so really liking it premium and so far glad to drop that $15 on it!

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    No FTP stuff Final Fantasy Dimensions II is redesigned. So cool to play it without stamina and FTP stuff
    it's weird not seeing the FTP menu and instead a beautiful redesigned premium style menu.
    This is not your typical FF game roam town to town find dungeons etc you do these things just different instead of walking your character place to place you do it from the menu... this may seem a bad thing to some but i think it's cool that its different and not same old tropes you come to expect
    happy with my purchase even if some of the elements are the same I like the way it's redesigned for premium

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Dragon Quest Rivals the new card game has been released on mobile in Japan... downloading it now will leave some impressions after I have had a chance to play it.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1797 Dailon80, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Okay like most DQ games that are FTP in Japan I simply cant play the game ��
    “Can not be used in customer's connection environment Please check communication environment“
    That’s the message I’m getting I guess it knows I’m not in Japan by the way the FTP DQ games are the only Japanese games I have never been able to play
    Had to delete and give up
    What sucks is none of these DQ games ever make it west either

18. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yeah, DQ's online games are often region-locked. DQ10 is the same way.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Total bummer :)
    Reviews don’t seem to good right now but I may something that can be easily fixed
    If you get a chance to play it let me know how it plays
    Also do you see this one coming west since no other FTP DQ game has so far?

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Saw a rumor that FFXV Pocket Edition could be landing this week but def very soon
    anyone hearing this week for the release?