The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Lol ^^ Well I'm such a slow player I will be good I think :p

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I really enjoyed Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag, which came out this year. It's a surprisingly demanding action RPG, and it requires some very good timing to tackle some of the harder quests. I played it for a good month or two, but found it such a time sink that in the end I deleted it for my own good. That was my first and only social RPG so far, however, so others will have a better idea of the competition. I stand by my recommendation, though.

Wonder how Shaun's getting on at the Tokyo Game Show - some of those stands look insane.

3. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    I think I forgot to answer this :) Busy weeks and a bit sock, but getting well again now. This weekend will be at home so I'm planning to play more FFXV and also maybe try to get further into Final Fantasy VI too ^^ Zozo killed me when I was a bit unfocused so I had to take a break, a bit angry to do it all again :p

4. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Level 16 on Dragon Quest and I have the magic armor and flame sword, along with all the essential items. I’m grinding to get the last shield before I go get the Erdrick’s Armor and trying to get to that last heal spell before I take a run at the Dragon Lord.

5. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice! Good luck ^^ I'm playing DQV a lot in the mornings now while outside with my cat. Dark themes!

6. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I hit level 18 last night and have literally everything lined up that I can prior to entering Charlock Castle, Sun Drop, Dragon Scale, Fighter Ring, Silver Shield, Flame Sword, Erdrick's Armor, full set of keys and herbs, etc. I'm at this point only missing the final magic spell and Erdrick's Sword, and I'll probably land both on the way in. I was hesitant to go at a level below 20, but with all of the seeds in the remake and using a power name for the character, I'm probably ready to head in. I'll see if I can't knock this off tonight.

If I do, I'll probably take a break rather than start DQII. The start of the next RPG playalong is coming up soon and I don't want to get to into DQII and have to set it aside.

7. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Dragon Quest V is surprisingly dark, yes. If you'd like to hear more discussion about that one, check out RPGFan's "Retro Encounter" podcast, they did a couple episodes on DQV a couple months ago.

I've taken a break from RPGs to go through Shovel Knight on 3DS. Enjoying it quite a bit. A lot of folks said they got all the nostalgia feels from Mega Man 9 when it came out; I really didn't, but Shovel Knight is pressing a lot of those types of buttons. Aside from one platforming bit that was a little too fiddly for my tastes, I've been enjoying it immensely. Now in Totally Not Wily's Tower, so I'm sure I'll be done before the next Replay starts. And I will definitely be in on that one...

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I wonder how long before we see an AR Final Fantasy game and I wonder too what that will look like? It has to be inevitable

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wouldn't be surprised if they try to copy Pokémon Go. And, I'd probably play it for a while.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Do you use a leash on your cat? We use leashes on our boys because we didn't train them to go out until they were older. I don't think they're street smart. Haha

11. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I used a leash for my older cat. Long story.

Beat DQI at level 20. I was just coming up short at level 18, so I had to back off and do a quick bit of grinding. I have to say, it’s subtle but I’ve become convinced a lot of maps in DQI on the iOS just aren’t the same as they were on the NES. Online maps I found didn’t match at all. Really strange.

12. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice! Will do ^^

I'm also in on that one. Actually I'm in it already so I just put it aside until the 1st.

I do use a leash sometimes, mostly not. More leash now as Autumn is here because she moves less and the leash makes me able to make move more easily. But it doesn't matter if she has leash or not, we're out together anyways. I'm not at all suited to having an outdoor cat. But we're a lot outside together and she climbs trees, sit on a stone for hours and so on ^^

Beat Bastion yesterday!

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Nice! Yeah, we're about to move into a new house with a nice fenced backyard and covered patio, so we'll probably go out there a lot instead of the front porch. But I'll probably keep them on leashes since they will be confused about not being at the only home they've ever known. Hoping to get back into Cat Quest and FFXVPE when we're outside there. ;)

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Has anyone on here played Baldur's Gate? I have never played it but now that it's up to date for ios11 very much considering grabbing it... any RPG you can think of it compares to?

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I haven't played any of their games, but I've considered picking them up too. I did grab that newer game Ember, and it seems like a very similar experience.

16. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    Baldur's Gate is incredible. Do you have ipad or phone?

17. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    BG, BG2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment all awesome. :)

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I was just thinking today how it's been a while since Square Enix released a good new premium in USA or Japan and so I checked Japan today and I am shocked to see Hanjuku Hero: Aa, Sekaiyo Hanjukunare is now out. 18$ it was a Super Famicom game and it looks really good. There is supposed to be some egg monsters in the game that are similar to FF IV characters. Either way I may get this in the next couple weeks, waiting to see first if it gets a US release my thinking is it won't release in the USA. Have you played it Shaun M?
    I have never played it.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Pic of the game I mentioned

Attached Files:

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014