The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So glad I'm not the only one with video game soundtracks as ringtones. I use songs from FF games, DQ games, Chrono Trigger, Sword & Sworcery, and quite a few others. I love editing them to make perfect ringtones.

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Sorry, no. Japan has very strict rules about downloading copyrighted material, and while I do love you guys a lot, I'm not going to the pokey for you!

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The OP should be updated with the new article.

4. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It will be, when I'm not laying in bed in my pajamas. :)

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chrono Trigger's alternate lizard ending might be the best video game ending ever.

6. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I like the frog ending, myself, haha.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #27 Exact-Psience, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Will you reveal the next title to reload Shaun? Would be great to get a little headstart so we could have something to talk about. I just re-installed all JRPGs i could find in my history. LOL.

8. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Someone guessed it in the comments already. The one from 1985. :)

Only the very patient need apply this time. Next RPG from Japan I'm doing is Reload File 007.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    We'll get to one of them next year. The other isn't on the App Store yet, but it will be, and I will cover it with the force of a thousand suns when it does release.

10. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Yup love it. Frog's theme is my ringtone, my text tone is Protoman's whistle from Megaman 3. And my alarm clock is "In a Prison of Remorse and Contentment" from Xenogears one of my absolute favorite video game songs.

I would love Yasunori Mitsuda to do a US orchestral tour like Uemetsu does but wishful thinking I suppose.

11. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Bard Tales: Tales of the Unknown: volume 1

12. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    We'll call it a Club Bonus that if anyone in the comments guesses it, I'll spill the next topic game. Yes, it is indeed the 1985 Bard's Tale on tap next, and if anyone feels like playing along and needs some advice for this one, let me know. It's quite a trip going through a game this old after not playing it for at least 20 years.

13. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Yes is a jewel rpg for the time Shaun, available for play on the Bard's Tale actual ios available game

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    :(

Darn, haha, I would have suggested Fire Emblem.

15. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Does it have "cross" or "7" or "dragoon" in the title?

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I really really reaaaally love RPGs. I wish I had time to join you all, but my free time at the moment is minimal.

Maybe sometime.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wish I had the free space to get The Bard's Tale to join in the fun this week. Unfortunately, it's huge! But it does include the original trilogy. Maybe I'll make room after reading your thoughts on it. Right now, it's so hard to pull myself away from Dragon Quest VIII. I did yesterday for a while to jump back into Chrono Trigger, though. ;)

18. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    #38 pisiform, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Good grief Bards Tale, that brings back a lot of memories of playing through it on my C64. What was it now - 99 berserkers or 999?

I'd love to play through it again but I had a brief look at it via the update available through the ios Bards Tale and stopped pretty quickly. Frankly it was so dated that it was just spoiling the happy teenage memories. Hope to be proven wrong and looking forward to next Thursday for the review.

The quest also will be good. Put hours into its predecessor on a palm T3, I think, but again when I tried the ios version found the interface a little dated.

Thanks for all this Shaun, it's really stoked my interest in RPGs again which has been fallow for a while.

19. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    So I'll take a stab at what it is, based on the fact that Shaun said its not on the App Store but will be and his very positive words for it , IMO it's Dragon quest 5

20. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Well, after a great deal of effort, my BT party is at the point where I don't have to worry about getting murdered around every corner. Oddly, the game's difficulty is downhill from here, haha.