The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Do you actually sleep at any point Shaun?!

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    At least four or five hours per night! Usually!

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    It would be great you could stream by twitch rpg games once in a week, at least couple hours of it

4. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    I seem to have made a habit of buying a lot of the games you've covered in this series. Finally took the plunge and bought Baldurs gate having eyed it up since its launch.
    Unfortunately I found it almost unplayable on the iphone6. The font and buttons were just so small I could see it would be one of those games where you would have to really want to play it and put up with the interface. Im sure it will be better on the iPad but for me, cramming it on to a small screen sucked all the atmosphere out of it.
    I loved this game but think I'll pass on the iPhone version and look at ipad or Steam instead

I'd like to know if anyone found they could perservere with the iPhone version and really get into the game.

5. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I had a lot of trouble enjoying it on the 5S, as I mentioned in the article. I'm sure some people can do it, but they probably have better eyes and more patience than I do, haha.

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    This game is totally recommend for big screens, only ipad

7. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I'm surprised they ever bothered with an iPhone version. The game was originally designed around 640x480 displays, and even on my 1080p computer screen, stuff at times seemed a bit small. So I can definitely see how it would be weird on a tiny phone screen, especially when they haven't made the font bigger or anything compared to the iPad version.

I've run into a few other games (Siralim and the Warhammer tactics game) that are perfectly playable on iPad but have absurdly small font on iPhone.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I was worried that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic would be too small for my 5S, but it works well. Is Baldur's Gate worse or about comparable to KOTOR?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well i've got an iphone 4s, i found KOTOR very playable but i struggled with Baldurs Gate. It was 'better' when i maxed out the size of the font but even then it was very tricky.

Shame as again i think its amazing having 'Baldurs Gate' of all games there in my hand with me at all times. But i just found it too frustrating in the end, sad to admit that as i love the game on PC

10. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    Baldur's Gate is way worse, totally different type of game. I think beind full 3D helps make KotOR a lot more scaleable. Baldur's Gate, on the other hand, is 2D and really designed to be viewed in a certain way. I think KotOR is pretty darn playable, even on a 4S!

11. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    New one's up, Final Fantasy! The rest of Origins Month will be slightly less predictable, I promise.

12. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Well, time to do the other five

13. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Haha, I'll be checking them off slowly over the course of the next year. I don't want to go FF-bananas and block out all the other great games that deserve highlighting.

14. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm still waiting for Sony entertainment to get smart and start putting all of the PS1 titles on IOS

15. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    If you want to stock up on games that will with 100% certainty be appearing in the RPG Reload one day, Square Enix has got the whole darned Final Fantasy series on sale right now, including Dimensions.

16. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Lol, too late. Already eBinged and got the gba versions for each. And then the ds versions. :p

17. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    I got the iPhone version of FFIII instead of ipad. Hope I made the right choice...

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What the... Im pretty sure i created a huge post in response to the FF1 article. Maybe i was too tired and forgot to hit "Post" as we were very tired touring around SG the last 2 weeks. :p

19. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    There's a new game coming out that looks like it would suit our tastes. It's called Templar infinite crusades and it looks pretty fun.

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Do you mean this one?