The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I’m currently diving back into FFV. Started last year around Easter because the color pallet reminds me of Easter colors and World of Final Fantasy, and the FF reddit is doing a play along. I’m going way slower, so I may end up playing long enough to see th talk about the 4 job fiesta later this summer. And man, I just love Boko! Hope I get to hang out with him more later. ;)

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Have you started it?
    I’m at castle swanstone :)
    Very far right now and love this one
    It can be tough in spots
    I have died quite a few times but I keep keeping on
    I do have Healie and Goowain on my team now chilling in the wagon and leveling up

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #2064 Dailon80, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Now I am at The Spiegelspire... this is the first area that has now level cap, great spot to job grind all you want
    so I am going to take advantage of that :) 29 hours 9 mins

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #2065 Dailon80, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Beat the boss Spiegel
    I may go ahead and come back to grind more later and instead push the story some more
    My job levels look good for where I am at in the story
    I want to get to Slimopolis that’s the goal right now as I have never seen it before :) enjoying the journey though and still gonna take my time and not miss anything
    I just turned in enough mini medals for a Miracle Sword :)
    Got a character with Thin Air now too

6. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Late answer. We were away and without internet this weekend. Yes I have started VI! Played it a lot this weekend! So good! So far I like it a lot better than V and IV. I tend to like it more when it's not generation switch or other things that makes you switch party members often.

Been taking it slow and grinding a lot to have a smoother sailing than with V.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I like it better too :)

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Gonna grab Valkyrie Profile Lunneth and Atelier: The Alchemist of Salzburg from the Japan App Store in a few and play them tonight
    Exciting part is I have never played either one before so should be fun :)

9. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice! I want to dive into the Atelier series this year!

I have been playing a ton of switch indie games. Kamiko, Shu.. Right now I'm playing Axiom Verge, a very good Super Metroid like.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Atelier is one I haven’t played it until now it’s gonna take some time to learn especially seeing it’s completely in Japanese :)
    I’m still working on DQVI too
    How far into VI are you now?
    I have the ship and doing some underwater exploring right now... 33 hours 44 mins at present

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have finally made it to Slimopolis for the first time! Love it so cool
    Goowain is good enough right now in my party to possibly beat it all only problem is I have had him in the wrong classes to finish it off
    So I’m gonna get him priest and martial artist to Paladin right now and try to complete it for the Dragon class
    Gonna be time consuming but worth it I guess ha
    As far as the way the recruiting and arena works VI is much better than VIII in that respect and I wish VIII had done it like that

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #2072 Dailon80, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    I got Goowain the fullheal ability I needed to get further in the arena so I am trying him now to see how high up the ladder I can make it. Depending on how close I am to winning the arena I may push on with the story or get him some more abilities and try again :)
    update: only made it to Rank D sheesh back to the drawing board now I know he needs to make Paladin wish i had knew this prior ha He's level 32 so his level is good enough

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have decided that I am not going to move forward until I have Goowain master Paladin
    gonna take a ton of grinding, but i have already mastered Priest for Goowain! Now time for Martial Artist then Paladin... the latter two are gonna take forever haha

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I envy how you can put so much time into one game without tiring of it. I've paused my playing of FFV for the moment, as I'm really diving back into FF Dimensions II. For some reason I'm really enjoying the simplistic grind. And I'm still in Chapter 1 with over 10 hours played!

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Made it to Rank B at Slimopolis now
    Very close but I’m gonna go ahead and push forward with the story again now and get a few pieces of equipment I need to finish it off and get the Dragon class opened up

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Changed up some equipment went back in again and won it!! Dragon class obtained.

Attached Files:

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't know if anyone else still opens the app King's Knight, but yesterday I read that it will be shutting down soon. They just removed the ability to buy IAP, and will soon stop supporting it altogether. Hopefully, they'll pull it from the App Store instead of leaving a broken app on there. But, it's just sad to see another FFXV tie-in app bite the dust. I just wish they would've released Justice Monsters 5 and King's Knight as offline, premium or completely FREE games that promote FFXV instead of trying to be money-makers on their own. King's Knight just didn't have any recognizable characters or weapons that I ever cared about. I did enjoy it now and again, but it wasn't a type of game that would make me want to invest much time or money into. Would I buy it for $3 or $5 as a stand alone app? Sure! Would I waste a year playing it just to see my progress die because they pulled the plug?! No way. It's only a matter of time for all their online games to die to be replaced by new ones. I just hope they revive all of the good ones someday as paid, offline apps... especially Record Keeper, Mobius and Brave Exvius.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Remember the free game they released on consoles that was like FF meets a beat em up I cannot see why they never released it to mobile. A King's Tale just remembered the name :)

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    DQVI iOS Version the area level caps are +10
    So if you’re in an area that caps at level 20 it’s 30 on iOS version
    Meaning job grind away! Ha

20. Winter9

Feb 1, 2011
    I'm no further yet oops. I got completely drawn back into FFXV and there was no stopping until I reached the end! It was very very good!