iPad The Office (from NBC) Mini Golf

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jchampl, Mar 27, 2009.

1. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

The Office Golf

$1.99

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306752445&mt=8

Now you can experience the all-new Office Mini Golf Game on your iPhone and iPod Touch!

Looking for another excuse to get out of doing those pesky job assignments? Let "The Office" help you out! Play your very-own miniature golf game at the comfort of your desk. Putt through obstacles and contraptions for top score on 4 different nine-hole courses. You can even challenge your friends on the same phone. You can even check out your own course ranking among other iPhone and iPod Touch golfers.

Afterwards, conveniently link off to watch the latest videos from NBC's "The Office" available on your phone. All of this without even leaving your chair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

supposedly some of the obstacles are tilt controled, and with the multi courses, seems like it may be the best mini golf option at the moment. I may get this later tonight as I love the office.

2. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    #2 TRIPLE BEAM DREAM, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    Any one gonna TOFTT? I'm satisfied with Let's Golf, but this looks good.

3. jchampl

im satisfied with lets golf as well, however there is always something fun with mini golf games, especially office ones ;) this being a little different than most makes me tempted to take the plunge

4. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    Agree, getting close to purchasing, but I already bought another 3 games tonight:(

5. jchampl

4 is a nice even number.

6. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Says you can watch videos of the office. Are these clips and outtakes or full episodes? If the latter, are there multiple seasons?

7. jchampl

i would believe they are the clips that you can watch on nbc mobile, however we won't know for sure until someone tries it. I don't remember seeing any full eps on nbc mobile before, but it has been awhile. hopefully someone will report back

8. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    They had full episodes. I used to watch season 4, but then the writers strike happened midseason.

9. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    I'm downloading right now, it's getting late, so won't have much time

10. jchampl

cool, I did not know that.

11. jchampl

haha you'll get your official toftt badge ;)

12. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #12 russiaone, Mar 27, 2009
    Really, I can compare anything I want. Even apples and oranges. And I don't play poker of blackjack. So I can't rightfully compare those.

13. jchampl

oh dear. this is a mini golf game. lets golf is a golf game.

you can not compare them. there apples and oranges. do you compare poker and blackjack games because they both involve cards?

really have you tried tiger woods? no? then lets not clutter my thread.

i didn't put a sign in the first post saying this is the best game or what games are better than this one, so lets not add it to this thread.

14. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    #14 TRIPLE BEAM DREAM, Mar 27, 2009
    Yes, but this is mini golf. Quite a few mini courses to choose from, there's no club from my brief time, swiping movements. Got par on 1st hole, there are obstacles that were in the way, and they were like giant bobble head guys. When my ball bumped into them their heads swivels, pretty cool animation and the crowd was cheering as the ball bounced around and got close to dropping in, so far pretty cool. I toggled off the annoying background music

edit: at the end of the hole you have the option to watch a replay of your shots, a nice touch. Didn't see any instructions, to shoot you press down on the ball, initially you will hear a sound, while keeping your finger on the screen you pull back this brings up an arrow that allows you to angle your shot, as well as a power meter that is represented by a line of dots (the more dots the harder the shot & so on)

There is a office display icon that when you click on brings up time listings, upcoming episodes, show clips, recaps, photos and a community,

Seems like a decent game for the price, getting to late. I'll post some more if anyone's interested, it will give me some time to try it out more.

15. This better than the $3 Digital Chocolate mini golf game released today too?

16. jchampl

sounds good! I'll make sure I buy it when I take my nightly crap in a few minutes.

17. jchampl

done with the poop, done downloading the game. impressions tomorrow.

18. jchampl

there are full episodes, its different than nbc mobile, however they don't work at this time.

I'm sure they will but they don't now. Most likely someone has to "flip the switch" at nbc when they see the game is for sale and in the store, or there could be some bug in the game itself.

It gives the error can not play video since there is no internet connection. which is weird because I'm on wifi and it still doesn't work on 3g so who knows.

It very well could be an error in the game itself that needs to be fixed. If it doesn't work soon I'll get in contact with someone there.

19. jchampl

Episodes do play if you wait with the error however the error doesn't go away and it's on top of the video. If you click to close the error, you close the video I think something is wrong I'll email NBC mobile division tomorrow

20. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Fantastic, hopefully that gets fixed.

You know, there is an edit button, it can be quite useful. ^ ^