The Nintendo DS thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Crazy_Possum, Oct 9, 2010.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I've never figured out how to use one of those..or if it's even some physical object you can get somewhere

2. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I thought they did a pretty decent job. At least it wasn't "Konichiwa Big-Ass Sword Lvl 5 Fire Spell Google Eyes Attack Go!"

The characters were real, they grew as people, the ending plot twist was mind blowing. Customization was awesome too.
    I mean cmon, you gotta love increasing stats by eating food and wearing fashionable clothes? Yes, dialog was occasionally pathetic, but music and environments really did feel refreshing.

It had a lot to do and was unique. Gameplay, art, amazing, AMAZING music, I liked everything.

Surely you don't despise it? I mean, the gameplay was a little too easy but you have to give props for ambience.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I really didn't like the art style at all. If I were to think up the cheesiest, most typical theme for a "cool" game I'd have done something similar, but I suppose it is well-done despite me not liking the subject matter. The gameplay itself was fine too. It's pretty much just the overlying feel of Digimon I got playing it that put me off, and I've never been able to go back.

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I could agree with that. I absolutely loved what I played of the game, and for me the style, although a bit ridiculous, fit well and was something original for RPG's. I also loved the combat system, and although I ended up using the bottom screen character most of the time (It's been a while since I've played it... gotta pick it up again), it felt pretty balanced. I got through like Day 1 at the most, and it was insane.

As for the whole Digimon thing, I loved that show as a kid, so that might be half the reason I loved the style...

5. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Yeah, TWEWY is an incredible game. Hope there's a sequel for 3DS since it sold really well and has a huge cult following.

6. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

#46 Crazy_Possum, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    Gamestop is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games this weekend!
    Should I get Chrono Trigger and Warioware Touched? Or is there a better game to substitute for Warioware?

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    The World Ends With You is a much better game than WarioWare (which actually was my first DS game, and not a bad game at all). If you don't have it, PICK IT UP!!!!

Otherwise get Custom Robo Arena. I couldn't put that game down for I don't know how long, and my friend is dying to get a copy as well so we can do some multiplayer.

If neither of those interest you at all, check out the DS Castlevania games. I played a bit of Order of Occlecia (I think that's the name... been a while), and it was pretty awesome.

And to add to that, the Dementium games are pretty awesome as well. I'm sure someone's sold their copy of Dementium 2 by now, so if that's there, give it a shot.

Definitely make sure you get Chrono Trigger though. I hadn't been that hooked on an RPG in a long time. If I was playing it on my DS, I probably would have finished it, too. I just don't want to have to start the game over on a new system. Nonetheless, I actually enjoy it more than Final Fantasy IV to be honest.

8. Crazy_Possum

I ended up getting Chrono Trigger and WarioWare. I tried The World Ends With You on my friend's DS once, and I just didn't get psyched about it like most people do. I didn't like controlling the top and the bottom characters at the same time; it just seemed too confusing. Granted, I never, got into the storyline, and the graphics are nice; it's just not my kind of game.
    If you like Chrono Trigger more than Final Fantasy IV, which I am currently loving, I know I'm really going to like it.

9. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dude, you're gonna love Chrono Trigger. I can honestly say that it's one of the best Rpg's I've ever played. Plus there's no annoying random encounters, which is a huge bonus after playing a FF game. Once you nail the combat system, the game is amazing.

And you couldn't find anything on that list better than WarioWare? Custom Robo, Castlevania, Dementium... Anything?

10. Crazy_Possum

I really should have picked something else over WarioWare. I don't remember seeing Custom Robo when I went. As for Castlevania and Dementium: I respect that other people like them, but, like TWEWY, they are not for me. I am liking Chrono Trigger so far, and the battle system is really smooth.

For any Pokemon fans in North America, there is a Wi-Fi giveaway for a level 5 Mew until October 30th! It is only for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, Castlevania and Dementium aren't exactly for everyone. I happen to like that kinda stuff, so I loved both games.

And make it a priority to get Custom Robo. One of the most fun and original games I've ever played. Just... Buy it. No questions asked.

Now for my question: is getting Justice for All worth it on WiiWare? I can't find it in any Gamestops I go to, and it's cheaper on WiiWare than a used copy of the DS version, and it doesn't seem to be coming to the iPhone any time soon.

12. Crazy_Possum

Justice for All is an awesome game for the $15 to get a used DS copy. There are four cases. The first case is similar to the first case in the first game - a tutorial. But the other three are pretty lenghty. Since you enjoyed the first one to the point of making it your overzealous mission to make everyone buy it, you should like this one too.:D