The next update

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ashmike3, Feb 25, 2016.

1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I keep buying these great games on iOS and they are very strong. Then I read about changes coming in the next patch, and they are very much improvements; the game is now even better if I wait. So I wait, the update comes and, Wow! I'm glad I waited, the game is better than my initial play. Satisfaction.

I find this leads me to putting a bunch of good games in backlog and waiting for the next update. I'm not necessarily complaining, just curious what others do.

In the end; I am buying new games a lot, and only playing them for a short time. I don't want to experience them until I think it's the "definitive" version.

I may just have a problem with some warped sense of gratification or expectation.

Thoughts?

2. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Honestly, I've been there. But, more times than not, I end up regretting not just enjoying games when they look appealing to me. I spend to much time reading super picky reviews instead of just picking it up and deciding for myself.

Just recently I've decided to change that philosophy and enjoy games for what they are.

3. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Good advice.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I feel exactly the same. I made an exception for Crashlands, though.

5. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Great game. Good example of a great title that was very complete on launch.

6. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    But even Butterscotch stated (in their podcast) of some tweaks/updates that are coming soon. This is barely 1 month after launch (don't get me wrong, the game is SUPERB and the tweaks they mentioned aren't major). But still, people will miss out on a lot of good games if they sit around and wait, hoping something might change.

My point is simple, if the game looks good to you (regardless of others opinions/reviews) just grab it. Most of the time you're out less money than you would spend on a cup of coffee.

Just my opinion :)

7. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Agreed. I buy them, I just don't play all the way through because I wait on the next update.

8. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Oh I see what you're saying now.

I buy them, play them for about an hour, then forget I have it haha.....I need to start playing games all the way through :/