iPad The Necronomicon Horror : Card Game - by Lucidsphere Media

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Buying it for the HD support - had lots of fun with the original, and you can put me down as someone who misses the boardgame portion (despite it's awkwardness...) It was pretty neat having an endgame!

2. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    There are some minor cosmetic differences between the two versions. N has a nicer options screen, with the option to change SFX volume as well as a "enter cyphre" section (I'm not sure what that does yet). NR simply has a volume on/off button. NR also has some suitably creepy looking tendrils and tree branches around the edge of the menu screen.

As far as the iPhone 4 is concerned, menu text is easier to read on N than NR; due to the higher resolution of NR, menu text appears smaller.

If you own an iPad, I would strongly suggest buying the HD version, especially at the current price. If you only have an iPhone or iPod Touch, however, then stick with the standard version as NR does not offer any worthwhile extras to justify the extra 137MB it will take up on your device. Both versions are essentially pretty much identical on an iPhone and you won't notice any significant visual improvements, at least not with the naked eye.

3. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I had bought it as soon as it went live, almost one year ago but didn't played it much as it had so many bugs. Now, just to support the devs I bought the HD version but it always crashes in the welcome screen in my iPod 4g :( Anyone else having tried it in a iPod 4g?

4. vklymenko

vklymenko Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
  5. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    hi there, we have fixed small issues with some iOS 5 startup problems,
    and update will be submitted asap.

who has ipad (1 or 2) with iOS 4.x or ipod 2nd gen with iOS 4.2.1 or an iphone with 4.x or 5.x - for a quick test - please respond here : ) thanks in advance!

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I have an ipad 1 w/ iOS 4.3. I'll be here off and on throughout the day if want to contact me.

7. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    thanks, sent pm,
    at least one more iphone with 4.x? and I'll send test build, and we will submit the update.

8. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I would LOVE if this game had a tutorial that explained the game mechanics as you played through it, introducing it concept by concept. Must admit, I find the 36 pages of instructions (or close to it) rather daunting. That's something I really need to commit to before I start!

9. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I agree that the substantial instructions can be intimidating; there must be a better way of teaching players how to play. However, once you've read it and played your first few games, you will get the hang of it quite easily. It's just getting over that initial hurdle that is the challenge.

10. Messire

Messire Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #690 Messire, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    It's a simple game. The number of pages is high, but there's not a lot of text and the tutorial is well done.

So far, I unlocked the following cards of the expansion :
    - Avenger
    - Summon Ghoul
    - Summon Haunter
    - Summon Nightgaunt
    - Loaded Pistol
    - Golden Casket
    - First Aid Supplies
    - Moonshine Stash
    - Reanimated Ally. This one needs to combine the cards without an Investigator present. I would allow the combination on the Investigator.

My only problem so far is that I have 2 unlocked cards from the base game and one of them is the Summoner. Too bad for me as I need him to cast the spells. I had him with v1.1 but the 1.2 and the new engine reset the game. I improved my high score (over 150 000 yeah !) but no card unlocked. I hope the add-on does not prevent the unlocking and the achievements!

Edit : the Reanimate card is named Reanimated on its back.

11. Laughing Cow Cheese

Laughing Cow Cheese New Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I have an iPad 1 with OS 4.21 and would be happy to help test somethiing. I can tell you that I've had no crashes so far from either game (Necro updated & Necro HD)

Please correct the spelling of "privilege" on the Miskatonic Diploma. There's no "d" in it. It's from Latin. I'm losing Sanity over this.

Necronomicon Redux is truly beautiful. The added "card combo" mechanic in Necronomicon's expansion is a lot of fun. Good jub guys!

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    lol. Spelling/grammar errors drive me insane too.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Oh, the sweet, sweet, irony.

14. Thanks All for your comments, suggestions, generosity, and help over the past few days.

I just wanted to note that a minor update should post to the App Store in the next 24 hours, there were some start-up issues with iDevices running the new 5.0 OS, but that's been fixed now.

Anything else comes up you can reach me here, and we'll look into it: [email protected].

@ Laughing Cow: Thanks for the comments and corrections, I'll get that on our next update. I think I got all the ones you brought up before!

15. Laughing Cow Cheese

Laughing Cow Cheese New Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I plead iPad keyboard!

Dustin, I did notice "die rolls" and other changes, thanks! "Universities" still needs to be "University's". ( As in Miskatonic University's library....)

Other rules for English possessives:

when one Investigator owns something, it is the "investigator's"

when two or more Investigators own something, it is the "investigators' '"

one ally "ally's"
    two or more "allies' "

16. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    What is the main objective of this game?
    At first, i thought it's about killing all monsters and seal the gateway.
    But that is so easy that it is almost impossible to lose the game.

On contrary, i have a hard time preventing the investigators from sealing the gateway, and ending my game too soon. I have to purposely kill my investigators to prolong the game, otherwise no highscore. Is this game designed to play this way?

17. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    I especially like the phrase:
    "But that is so easy that it is almost impossible to lose the game." :D

18. ScarecrowKing

ScarecrowKing Member

Oct 13, 2011
    This game doesn't make a lick of sense, but I have a damn fine time playing it. That being said, ever since the update, it gets to the black screen that says "Lucidsphere Media, LLC" and then exits to the phone's icon screen.I've tried several reboots, and nothing helps.

19. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
  20. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    Hi Dustin,
    it´s been a while, since I played N. Just downloading N.Redux on my iPad 2. And I am really exited to play it on the big screen!

cheers! :D