iPad The Necronomicon Horror : Card Game - by Lucidsphere Media

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. You may want to take a look at our tutorial, Dungeon Solitaire was a great inspiration and a fun game, but I don't think our game is as random and punishing in terms of game play.

http://necronomicon.forum-motion.com/tips-and-tricks-f3/game-play-tutorial-new-t14.htm

2. Citsade

Citsade Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I don't see it mentioned, so I assume there is no multiplayer here?

Was this intentionally released with the most recent Southpark episode?

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I finished the room and won the game!!!
    But I really don't understand the use
    Of the room ikeept picked up stuff and voilĂ  I won..is there some strategy?? Whats the idea behind this room?

4. Personally I tested it on ipod touch4, ipod touch 2nd gen and ipad. All running latest firmware. My programmer is in Ukraine, and I don't know exactly what devices he tested it on, or how the tools work that they use, so I can't speak to that personally. It passed Apples review and testing so I assumed everything was okay. But I'll ask him in our tech support forums, and we'll get a fix for it.

5. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Encountered bug

Running iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 non-jailbroken
    Encountered bug happened when I was looking at a card descriptionor description and then pressed something else didn't pay attention

6. SHutch01

SHutch01 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    US
    I can see where the Dungeon Solitaire comparisons are coming from, since both have a row of good guys lined up against a row of bad guys, and when one wins a combat there's a sort of similar noise - but that's the end of the comparison to me. I personally like Dungeon Solitaire even though it's very random, but Necronomicon is far less random and has more strategy.

I haven't played enough to give detailed gameplay impressions yet, but I can say that for any Lovecraft addict like me this is a no-brainer. Some of the details in the sound and graphics are extremely creepy (the whispering at the beginning, and the eye that falls out of the book...).

Will report more on gameplay as well as any bugs I encounter ASAP. I'm pretty exhausted right now so I expect a few others might get to it first. So far I'm happily impressed!

7. You must be talking about the part where you explore the campus of Miskatonic University, room by room, to collect the 3 Books of the Necronomicon, Elder Seal, and your Allies while avoiding various setbacks. When you finish this part of the board game section, you should then have a final battle which will determine a winner. This is a part of the game I'm excited to expand in an update to make it more comprehensive, and have designs to add some more challenges and encounters, there's a lot of room for innovation here and I'd love to hear peoples thoughts as to what they'd like to see, once you've had a chance to play and familiarize yourselves with it. I honestly could have kept adding stuff for months, but at some point you have to release the game and take some direction from your intended audience before moving forward any further.

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #28 ojtitus, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    Just purchased. Can't wait to give it a whirl. Congrats Dustin and Slava!

9. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    This game is miles better than Dungeon Solitaire . Congrats to the developers on a job well done .

PS . I havent encountered the bug that a couple of others have but the game did crash once not saving any progress . Hopefully it was just a one off glitch .

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The cake is a lie! Cthulu is not.

11. SHutch01

May 26, 2010
    US
    Same bug just happened to me. Jailbroken 3GS iPhone with iOS 4.1. Hitting the home button and going back into the game and picking "continue" saved my progress and fixed the problem, but it's definitely an annoying bug.

Otherwise still enjoying exploring!

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Without quoting references from userfriendly.org, I am sold (more or less) :p

Thank you all for the clarifications and impressions.

13. SHutch01

May 26, 2010
    US
    I just had a crash to home screen twice as well. I'm not too worried about it as I know they'll do a bug fix update quickly. This game is a work of art and labor of love, obviously. I'll be happy to buy the DLC when they get to that, too. :)

14. Okay guys, we'll get Slava to track it down tomorrow when he gets up and have a fix put in asap. Thanks for all your feedback it really helps!

15. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #35 dyscode, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    this is going to be a permanent stay on my iPod.

up to now only 10 in 1000 apps have earned grace on day one.

and BTW: this in the 1001st app in my account :)

16. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

How long does the average game take? Also are there any stats?

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Orly... I got drunk and wrote that on a shirt right after Portal came out ;p

Seriously playing this till I pass out tonight.

18. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    What are the 10?

19. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Any chance of having fast switching added in an update?

20. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Haven't made it through one game yet. Tried 10 times and encountered quite a few bugs with cards getting stuck on each other. Or I got booted to the tutorial menu and got stuck there and couldn't search for the book.

Like the concept and the style. You guys have one of the most brilliant game menus ever. The audio made my dogs pee on the floor. Thanks! But seriously, even with the bugs it is way better then Dungeon Solitaire.