iPhone The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix - official thread

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Avaloid, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Avaloid

Avaloid Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    #1 Avaloid, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
    One of the frequently asked questions:

Question - How can I open the chest in the 1st scene?
    Answer - Try to drag the key on the upper part of the chest.

3. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
    "The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix" is #6 adventure iPad games now!

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks good, I may pick it up at some point. Anyone try this out yet?

5. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #5 jeffyg3, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    Can't say it looks good myself...not really too hard to jump in ranks in the adventure section. Definitely needs more pics on the AppStore, only 1 pic doesn't do much to show the game off. A video from the developer would be nice...not really much there for me to push the by button tbqh

Edit: oops my bad, clicked on the link and it show more pics in the AppStore.

6. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
  7. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  8. DJDJDJ

DJDJDJ Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Great! I thought it would only be 5 promo codes. Lucky me.

9. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
  10. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
    #10 Avaloid, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    HD Video below!

11. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I tried the game for the first time today. Well made indeed, and yes, the chest opening blocked me! Honestly, i didn't realize i got to use the key to open the chest.

12. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
  13. HockeyDoc

HockeyDoc Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Academic study; additional work as a writer, edito
    Length?

Any comment on game length?

14. Avaloid

May 19, 2010
    You can complete the game in 6 hours or more.

15. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    I've been playing this on and off for the past few days and it's a pretty fun game, albeit with a few annoying quirks. As noted above there are 27 screens along with mini games so the length of the game is really dependent on how easily you spot the items. In any case, you'll definitely get a few hours of playtime out of this one. The graphics are nice and the music is clear. The game allows multiple save slots at once which is always a nice feature. The items can be very well hidden too. When you play a level for the second time it can ask you to find different items so there is some replayability here.

There are a few bugs that need to be taken care of. The "hit detection" is a bit off. There were times when I tap on an item multiple times and it doesn't register. This of course leads em to think I had the wrong item and I spend more time searching the screen only to discover I was correct in the first place. A similar bug happens during a puzzle where you have to move chess pieces to a different side of a scale. Every time I tried to move a piece over it slid back to it's original position. I kept trying and it never stuck. I had to search out a walkthrough to make sure I had the right idea about the puzzle just so I didn't give up on it. It seems the pieces had to be at a very precise position. Also a few screens can be rather dark, especially if you play on a low brightness setting as I do. This can result in some items being a little tough to spot. This happens very rarely but it is worth a mention.

All in all it remains a fun game. If you are in the mood for a good HO game, don't let my negativity above stop you from trying it out. It's a good game that needs just a bit more polish.