Universal The Muscle Hustle (By Foxglove Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AmazinDave, Nov 1, 2017.

1. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The idea has definitely been tried before, the one I remember being obsessed with and playing non stop was Smash Squad from WG cells (before parent company WarGaming shut them down) there was another one from Gamevil as well but I don't remember that ones name (it was also shut down a short time later from lack of players)

The games are so eerily familiar, that I thought, as you did, that the developers worked at that studio, can't find any info on this though!

Either way, Muscle Hustle is my favourite itireation of this style of play. Absolutely love it. It improves on every mechanic from previous incarnations, and i for one think the way they have handled F2P is more than fair! The lack of timers is awesome (I don't count the KO timers as timers)

My only issue is that the game has certain difficulty spikes that seem really unfair at times, and the AI (OP!) is definitely too good at predicting bounce moves off wall, whereas the average player will struggle to predict more than 1-2 bounces off a wall.

Props to the Dev :) let's all support this one as much as we can! I can't handle losing this one too!

2. Jitterbeetle

Jitterbeetle New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Why can't I add more belts to this guy? Bar is clearly not full on Attack and HP but it says I can't put anymore belts on him?

[​IMG]

3. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    There are belt caps. Some wrestlers are lower than others for as-of-yet unknown reasons. The bar gets full as you level.

4. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Just started this morning, and kind of loving it so far. #

5. Jitterbeetle

Jitterbeetle New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Thanks bro! That made sense. :D

6. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    #66 Shiatama_0, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Please add me, my ID is 43461. Thanks

I created a thread in the friend code section of the forum!

7. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Belts can boost a wrestler's stats up to a certain percentage above their natural max (from leveling). That level, the "hypermax" is generally natural + 10% but it varies from wrestler to wrestler and... oh man... we're gonna need a wiki. :eek:

8. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Gah! You're right... I can confirm that's a bug. Sorry about that, we'll have it fixed in the next update.

Also... wow, you're on 13-11 already?

9. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Is this getting a release in Japan?

10. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    Hmm. 14-8 actually. But I’m not particularly proud. Bacteria-yum is to blame. My wrestlers are guilty of doping. *hangs head in shame*

Without it. I’d probably be stuck somewhere in 12-??. Then again.. there are plenty of people on the leaderboards for the higher levels. So there’s a definite doping culture lol.

11. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Not to come across wrong, but all of my best wrestlers are women.

Is this common or just my luck? Would be cool to get some nifty bro wrestlers in the mix too.

12. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    Just your luck. Though to be fair, that’s some luck since there are only 64 wrestlers in total, 79 (64+15) if you count the separate iterations of face/heel superstars, of which a third are women (21 or 21+4). On the plus side. If any of your women have heartbreaker... you’ll definitely be a force. I can’t wait to get Victoria to 5* for mine.

13. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Hopefully, yes, but we don't have any specific plans yet. We figure that's a country where we'd better get it translated first. Are you in Japan?

14. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Yes, I am :)

15. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Superstars

@Dev, Any plans for guilds further down the line?
    Anyway, what Superstars have you guys pulled so far?
    Any recommendations? Anyone blow you away?
    I have the following ones but actually run with a team of three 3* Pro’s mainly.
    1. Sam Garbroke
    2. Robert Dunning
    3. Snorri Jarnskeggi
    4. Mike McLeod

16. Maillard55

Maillard55 Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Really Wish We Could See Who We're Wrestling Against

With all of these "paper-rock-scissor" games out there, it's tough to remember what color beats what, what archetype is strong against what, etc. I'd like to see the chart on all of my screens -- especially when we're fighting a match against specific types of wrestlers -- so I can strategize accordingly. Having it on the pause menu only seems counter-intuitive.

17. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the ring, those wrestlers that are weak to your currently selected character, their fist colour at the bottom of the icon flashes at you. I think that’s how you know to attack them if possible.

18. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Yeah, we're hoping to. Plans are fuzzy though at the moment, I can't say for sure.

19. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Any plans to ad more wrestlers, tiers, tournaments, modes, etc?

This game is fantastic.

An interesting thing to consider as IAP might be a sort of "doubler" of sorts. Not sure where or what you'd double, but it'd be great to throw another $4.99 at you for something that's constant and accelerates everything a little bit perpetually across the board rather than in little bursts here and there.

I bought the starter pack and as it stands I might buy another gold pack, but that's about it. If you had something like above I'd buy it immediately.

This game is fantastic!

20. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Thanks! Yeah, we're already working on more wrestlers and modes. Tiers might come someday, but no specific plans. Nice idea bout a training doubler... will think about that.