Universal The Muscle Hustle (By Foxglove Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AmazinDave, Nov 1, 2017.

1. 3Dave

3Dave Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Senior Artist/Animator
    Monroe, WA
    #41 3Dave, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    I am now at a spot where I can do three things (4 if you count multiplayer):

1. Battle in the next campaign tournament, of which I get throttled in the first match, even with the wrestlers that came from my premium pack I purchased with gold. To be clear, the game is really good about teaching gear, training, belts, etc., so I do have all of those active where applicable.
    2. Battle in one of the special timed events, of which I got through the first, but am not powerful enough to get past the second.
    3. Grind in the lower tiers to try to scrape cash and items together to power up.

If I try the first two, I get my wrestlers knocked out, and have to wait for them to recover, or pay gold.

Of all of this, I will be the first to admit that I’m just really spent on the F2P model, so some of this is no doubt a result of my own bias. However my BIGGEST issue with the system was that I paid to buy the gold to get the premium packs, and the superstar wrestlers are literally not strong enough to win the very first match of the 3rd tournament. This means I now have to either go pay real money to get the in-game cash to beef them up, or grind to get the cash to do so one by one. That’s a pretty tough pill to swallow when you’ve just used the premium currency (gold) to buy the best pack available.

2. Tiffanylove

Tiffanylove Member

Oct 27, 2017
    #42 Tiffanylove, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Opinion

Code 70660 add me . Strong characters and high level.

Opinion on the game, the grind is strong... My three star high level characters get anhilated waaaay before any upgrade items are available. Core gameplay is fun but some enemies are super op. I feel very weak no matter what content I am doing, the better my characters get the less powerful I feel as opponents get ridiculously tough. This is no fun for me, I want the ability to demolish my opponents at least some of the time to experience the power of their progress. Every upgrade is so miniscule "boosts speed by 1, attack increase by 1, attack does 101.1% damage attack does 101.2% damage" we should struggle and then be able to spend resources on coaches Training and upgrading abilities and then proceed to demolish the next belt at least- this isn't how it is working we will fail a level, spend all our resources that we have been saving and then proceed to die as quick as before doing as minimal damage as before . This is important as it creates a wall and and that is someone who has spent premium currency....

PvP is a little annoying I don't like the star system we should be able to take in our three best characters and that's that.. as some games drag with people constantly bringing in 1 star characters and also this strategy seems more effective than having dedicated and powered characters.

The boosts should be removed imho also I don't like that they are almost compulsory double hp is such a money sink it's not funny. Gold drops are generous but the game needs a bit more . Playing the campaign is not too fun as if we get defeated we get nothing, we should get some xp based in damage done etc so it's not a complete waste of time ( as at the higher stages 4 rounds can take a good 15-25 minutes )

PvP is fun would be nice if we can communicate in some form or another like a good game or nice shot etc , like that it is real-time also . Some form of challenges for random loot boxes would be nice to spend our tickets on - I can't currently do any of the hard ones and 1 star coaches give minimal xp- not sure how I am going to promote my 3 star characters (have three) when I am starting to struggle in the main campaign and their equipment drops in waaaay later stages - maybe I have a bad mix of three stars.

I also would like an option to speed up gameplay at least in single player, animations take long and special moves take long - the corner jumpers, missiles and swingers seem to take forever .

Finally due to rarity of s characters and then having both a good and bad form it is unlikely to ever achieve an optimal team so I get the feeling we are destined to focus and max our first three (s) star characters we get no matter what they are .

An idea: maxing or promoting characters (fodder) that we get that are two stars should boost our main characters I have a ton of 2 star equipment and have no use for it at all. It's no fun having two star equipment drop so late in the game that is useless as people won't be able to even defeat the enemies with the two star characters they have
    These are my thoughts

Three stat premium characters need a boost asap, I have three and am struggling despite them being level 30-35. Using deadly don doubledare x2 and Raymond candy. Candy can do 3k damage consistently ( and therefore rendering hid yltimate ability obsolete as it does much less damage )!and at the same time reduce cool downs of my allies whereas doubledare hits for a measly 300-400 and I'll be lucky to do 1.5k damage the bumper characters need some love whether it be bigger hits or more bounce so they hit more often.

3. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    my code is 59979
    Have fun :)

4. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I disagree on the timers comment. The single timer I have encountered in the game is when a wrestler is KO’d, and that timer has been the same for my 1, 2, and 3 star wrestlers (around 2:30). Given that money (green bucks) are fairly hard to grind up, I would never consider using them to save myself the three minute wait.

I will agree that the game is pretty hard! I can quite easily still lose any of the stage 2 belt fights if I am unlucky. I have been able to do most of stage 3 with my 2 star fighters. I think the problems with the difficulty stem from two points: 1. The AI is really good at seeing through the bouncing chaos (whereas I myself can really only plan through the first one or two bounces and beyond that it is just luck) and can hit your weakest fighter multiple times a turn, and 2. The bosses are just way too strong, with too much health and specials that do too much damage. Since messing with the AI might be problematic, I suggest the devs tone down all AI damage across the board for stages 2 and 3 (and perhaps beyond) with an extra toning down of the bosses.

Also, too much is still locked to us for the difficulty. Raising skill levels seems forever on the horizon and should perhaps be moved to an earlier stage (that will help with our low power vs. AI too). Two and Three star wrestler upgrades also seem too far away.

PVP matches in this game aren’t my favorite thing (the 15 second timer is nerve wracking and I guess my wrestlers are not very good), and I oddly find myself wishing for the crutch most other (worse) games use (that the AI just “plays” their deck and you never really fight against a person). But it’s ok for now.

I’ll keep grinding away in my stage 2 boss fights (slowly improving my wrestlers), but I have already hit some maximums and I am nowhere near strong enough to progress to the next feature unlock (skill raising).

5. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Thank you Dave. I think the limit of stars is a brilliant idea, it adds strategy to the PVP gameplay, not just "rolled an OP character so I auto-win" as in some other games. If you don't mind, I have some more questions about the game:

1. The Archetypes. Focus, Crowd, Sustain, I get their meanings, but how do they affect gameplay? I didn't see it in the tutorials.

2. Sometimes when I want to use a belt on one wrestler, it shows +0, when I'm pretty sure that wrestler hasn't reached his stats limit. It usually happens with a belt that boosts speed, why is that?

Also I think the game needs some improvements on the social feature. You can only add friend with ID, and there's no feature, as in other gacha games, that lets you choose a helper from a stranger, and then lets you add him/her as friends after the match. Therefore besides this small group of players on this forum I don't know where and how can I find other active players. If anybody knows, plz tell me.

As for the difficulty of the game, I'm right now stuck at the stage 6 final boss. This bout is just brutal. I just don't think I can do it with at least 2 high level 4-star characters. Other than this one, I think the difficulty of the game is fine. I'm not saying I can clear all the other special events, but I understand that they are not meant to be cleared at my current stage in the game, only 3 days after the release. So I'm in no hurry.

Another advice: it would be nice to have a special events where you can get tier-2 coaches. I see in the schedule that there will be events where you can get coaches from a specific color in the future, but some of them are like 10 more days away, and farming tier-1 coaches are becoming tedious(farming gold in today's special event, on the other hand, is always fun).

Thanks again for this great game.

6. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    Just realized I typed my ID wrong in my last post, the correct one should be 93641.

Feel free to add me.

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Some great ideas and questions.
    I’d like to add some also;
    1. Perhaps add more health pack drops in PvE and in the boss fights to counter the difficulty curve?
    2. A description of what the archetypes do as asked already.
    3. For PvP have different arena’s, one for one star only, one for two star only etc and then one for everything goes - no star limit. This would help deal with some mismatches and yet allow those who have developed some strong characters to actually play them all.
    4. Belts and gear don’t seem to have very much perceived effect. I dont Like the fact gear is needed to level up also as some of my characters are stuck waiting for gear that is some levels away from me. Belts should have more WOW factor, especially as they are gained in some of the hardest matches.
    5. Piercing. In PvP this ability seems overpowered. It’s the one where a wrestler goes right through yours and does damage via straight line to all it passes through. No bouncing off. I’m not sure of the best way to counter this......anyone else have thoughts on this?
    6. As asked already, the ability to gain 2* coaches and above via special challenges. I love how you can get coaches this way, it really increases your levelling ability.

The timers are not an issue at all, especially the more wrestlers you gain.
    All in all this is one of the best Gacha’s I’ve played. Well done devs and keep up the good work.

8. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #48 articulate, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    I’m actually here to ask a question. But thought I’d chip in with a few observations.

To the one about Piercers. Yes I think they’re really OP. And only suffer in PvE fire matches. Since they can’t push enemies to burning ropes. That aside. I’m even thinking of replacing my purple with coffin nail guy when I get him in my gift board sometime between now and the next few days.
    Their weakness though. IMO, is in their low stats. My 30+ shady ray is amazing, especially in range/speed. But doesn’t have as much HP or ATK as my lightweight.

The grind is real however though I appreciate the lack of energy or timers. But it seems like unless you min-max your team. Right elements, full face or heel team, with appropriate resistances(hate fire matches), which is all but impossible at this point in the game. You need to be hitting a power spike of about 10-20 points to clear EACH successive championship match. Which is actually “ok”. I’m not expecting a cakewalk, it’s a good challenge.

As for the mention about first 3 superstars. My first 2 were bad. Then I got 3 in my next draw and I’ve stuck with them ever since. Face isn’t the best comp for the team, but it works well. Stuck on 12-7 atm. Just gotta keep pulling the gacha if you’ve been unlucky, or even promote pros to 4*. That and grinding lower levels for belts and what not.

This is my team so far. Maybe in the future if I continue with it. I’ll eventually focus on others and really try to min-max, right comps, better variants of face/heel. Maybe add in sustain wrestlers.

[​IMG]

Anyhow here’s my question. Is there a cap to stats on certain characters? I’m attempting to equip a +2.25 attack belt on “Icebreaker”, but instead of giving +2.25, it’s showing +1 in red text instead.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Nvm. I answered my own question. Equipped a +1.5 belt and tried to do another and it says I’ve equipped the maximum for the stat.

9. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    My bad. I thought skill unlocking was much further away. I managed to reach it with just my two star team. Now money is the problem since I can't afford to upgrade many skills haha.

Another bug: I realize that a belt might sometimes say +0 (when it gives a fractional amount of stat gain) but on my last speed belt upgrade for the Canuck two star, it said +0 (and the fighter's overall number was orange so I knew it was the last one) but the speed bonus before and after stayed at 5.48 (it didn't even give me 0.01 to the stat). It was only one belt, but perhaps a slight tweak that says if he applied belt gets you within 0.01 or thereabouts, the belt gives you slightly more and finishes the stat off for you.

10. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    I think overall Piercers are fine, they usually have very low health, and they don't necessarily do more damage than a nice bump followed by an aerial or some throws, they are just relatively much easier to use. However, a Piercer with extremely long range and a count-down ability IS intimidating, e.g. the above-mentioned Shady Ray. I've been destroyed by him a couple of times in the arena.

11. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    I might actually have to change my initial impression of him too. At 4* and level 40ish, missing the weapon gear, but fully belted. He’s got a power rating of about 670. Although... despite his “9k+ hp”. He still feels squishy ._.

My code’s 40968. Feel free to try him.

12. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012

Thanks, man! 670...jesus. I have another friend who has a level 42 4-star wrestler, and his power rating is "only" 536. And my max level 3-stars are merely 360ish. I guess I should start belt farming.

13. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    There's no direct impact. They're meant to be general guidelines to the set of stats and abilities that a wrestler has. Probably in ways you've thought of already, but: focus tend to have abilities that target one enemy and deal high damage, crowd can do (and take) a high number of smaller hits, sustain has more to do with staying alive. They're fuzzy categories, and probably some are debatable. :)

Probably rounding off and we should be showing some decimals.

I agree! Hopefully we'll be able to improve on that with time.

14. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    If you have FB, just post your code on some of the developer posts.. I did. I am up to about 60 friends so far.

Also, someone should make a friend code page for this game.

15. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    a skill requirement says I must turn my wrestler into a heel. I know what a heel is, but how do I do it?

16. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    #56 articulate, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    To be fair, my Icebreaker is 42, with the same gear and belt situation as shady cady. But his power rating is only 535. I’d say that 500ish is the norm for 4* wrestlers level 35-40. Assuming fully belted. I don’t however feel that it adds anything beyond.. “Ooh big number”.

Farming belts however. Crazy boring. But kinda worth it.

[​IMG]

Cady’s max belt stats adds almost half his base. Although it seems he has a much higher cap on belt stats. Icebreaker capped out MUCH earlier. I’d recommend belt farming when you’re sure of a team. Wouldn’t put belts on just any wrestler. Also, when you evolve your 3*. Need to take into consideration the drop in stats. You achieve equivalence at about level 20(Lv 20 4* has the same stats as Lv40 3* with gear thereabouts.) But it’s easy to level up by grinding easier levels a little.

Start either with a 1*(Jobber) or 2*(Jobber or Pro). Promote them to 3*. And you get to choose to make them face/heel.

17. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    Okay, I am pretty sure Cady is the most op character in the game right now. A character with that range should not be given the count-down ability which can be triggered infinite times each turn.

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    add me 80827

we need an "add me" thread in the section

19. 16bitAindo

16bitAindo Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    #59 16bitAindo, Nov 7, 2017
    Something about the art style of this game seems very familiar. Even the way the coaches work for upgrading characters is the same as another game I'm almost certain either came from these guys or a previous studio they worked at. The theme of that game was soldiers though. It was abandoned very quickly after it failed to gain a sizeable player base.

Was a good game as well. I'll try and find it but I have a sneaky suspicion it won't exist anymore.

Poker Heroes: Brawl, Evolve, Dominate! BCG by Jam City, Inc.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/poker-heroes-brawl-evolve-dominate-bcg/id961838534?mt=8

Hmmm I might be wrong I guess. Just looks and feels similar to me.

20. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    #60 articulate, Nov 7, 2017
    Is there some mistake with stage rewards from 13-9 to 13-11? It goes from 4* gear(13-1 to 13-8) to TMH Bibles.......

Edit: seems all levels after 13-8 drop bibles -_-