Universal The Muscle Hustle (By Foxglove Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AmazinDave, Nov 1, 2017.

1. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is there a way to reset the game?

2. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    @Tinsel

Sure thing, thanks for asking!

1. What do the IAP contracts do?

They give you 3 "event passes", which are tickets to play levels in the "special levels" section.

2. I got a brass knuckle (a "boost") from the gift grid. What does that do and where is it stored?

Boosts are consumables that improve a particular stat for a single bout. There's a button underneath each wrestler in the squad select screen (right before you start a match you see your 3 wrestlers and can swap them out). The feature doesn't unlock until you reach level 5-3 though. Probably we shouldn't be giving them out in the gift grid until they unlock. :eek:

3. Does the gift grid allow us to empty it or it will refresh automatically at seven days time?

You can take as long as you want to empty it, it won't automatically refresh. You can force it to refresh if you want to though.

4. One and two star wrestlers start as a neutral and then (I assume) allow us to choose face or heel upgrade paths as we promote them. Three stars already start as a face or heel. Is it random which one we pull or do we get a choice and is there any way to jump to the other path?

Right. The 1 and 2 star wrestlers give you a choice for face or heel when you promote them to 3 stars. The 3 stars you pull already have their alignment, and it's random. Right now we don't have a way for you to have a character turn heel or face later, but we're thinking about adding ways to make that possible.

I have to run now... will write back on the other topics later today.

3. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #23 JohnnyClash, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

My code is 39694

Pretty fun game.. Actually I am loving it. I bought the welcome pack. I hope the devs throw more purchase specials our way. I am wanting to spend some more money on this game.

4. QWESTY

QWESTY New Member

May 31, 2017
    Add me

42294 is my user id

5. aengusafton

aengusafton New Member

Oct 27, 2015
    FirePro wrestling games are the greatest wrestling games ever made.u have too much creative freedom with looks, moves, organizations and titles its ridiculous.there will finally be u.s.version of one on ps2 in November I think.please do yourself a favor and pick up a copy and try not to tell me that when u see CRITICAL when your character hits his move that u don't love it.

6. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    @AmazingDave

Thanks for all of the answers! I'm not sure if my original post edited properly, so I'm going to paste my final question here (along with the suggestions and bugs) in case you did not see them before.

Paste:

5. When we promote a wrestler, what happens to the belts added? Are they wiped out, carried over In full, or "pro-rated" based on the new upgraded wrestler's stats (that's how MS did it)?

Suggestion: save our current single player location. I am grinding on a previous championship and after every match it defaults back to my furthest fight.

Bug 1: iCloud seems to work great (my progress showed up on a new device before I had even signed back into Facebook), and though almost everything transferred properly, my "best flicks" per level did not. Each level just has a "-" for my best flicks EXCEPT for ones I have fast cleared. For fast cleared stages it just has the fast clear time as my current best flicks time, instead of the actual best flicks time I did. Example: Stage 1-2 has a fast clear of 18, but I did it in 15. First device shows 15 and fast cleared. New device shows 18 and fast cleared.

Bug 2: some tutorial messages also seem to be reset on the new device (buying a new wrestler, upgrading, promoting, maybe some others).

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. Really enjoying this and plan on getting another pack soon for a superstar pull!

7. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Ok, back again. @Tinsel (continued)

5. When we promote a wrestler, what happens to the belts added?
    They'll carry over to the promoted character.

changing devices
    Yeah, certain things are going to get lost when you change devices. We leave a few things on the client to save some space on the server. I think you picked them out already: 1) personal best flings if you haven't yet hit the threshold to be on the leaderboards, 2) some tutorial flags.

This one sounds like a bug though... we'll check it out:
    "For fast cleared stages it just has the fast clear time as my current best flicks time, instead of the actual best flicks time I did. Example: Stage 1-2 has a fast clear of 18, but I did it in 15. First device shows 15 and fast cleared. New device shows 18 and fast cleared."

And this:
    "Suggestion: save our current single player location. I am grinding on a previous championship and after every match it defaults back to my furthest fight.

Good suggestion, thanks!

Anyway... I hope all that helps. Glad you're enjoying the game, and thanks for posting!

8. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Sorry, no, we don't have a feature for that. You could contact support to get it done if you really want to though.

9. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    This is my GOTW. Excellent! Its not just the gameplay, which is top notch.. It's attention to detail in every way that I can think of.. Art, UI, SFX, everything.

10. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Thanks!

Ok, well that'll get a struggling dev's attention. :) What do you have in mind?

11. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #31 JohnnyClash, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Haha nice! Well so far I’ve bought the infinite locker room, which I thought was a good value and also the stater pack. Now I want to start collecting heroes! Hero Packs would be awesome.. also Hero/Gold combo packs.. The Hero packs could be released on a semi-regular schedule and you could focus on serving up heroes that have great synergy when placed on a team together. You could also make available hero packs that are ‘helpful’ for beating certain events.. These are just a few quick ideas. :) Maybe others in here will have some cool ideas too. Thanks for asking!

Edited to say : I’d also love to buy a Monthly Gem Pack

12. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yes I agree. Maybe choose one three star from each color and have a rotating bundle with one of those chosen three stars and maybe some gold, money, or gear that they can use.

13. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Great game. A gacha game with no stamina or energy? Fantastic.

A question for the dev team: Does the limit of stars in arena stays the same as 8 in Arena 2, or does it increase? Because if it stays I might consider not promoting some of my wrestlers. Thanks.

Also if anybody want to add me, my id is 93541.

14. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #34 Tinsel, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    I'm pretty sure it goes up because you start with 7 stars and a screenshot of the game in the app store shows 9 stars. Would be great if the dev could give us a detailed breakdown of stars per rank (as I also considered not raising some wrestlers for the same reason).

Also, the gold drops in the gift grid seem....super generous (I'm not joking).

15. Poot

Poot New Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Promoting

My wrestler is at level 40/40. How do I promote him to a 4 star wrestler? Thanks in advance

16. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    You need to collect the 3 gears he/she needs. You can click on the gear to see which stage does it drop.

17. 3Dave

3Dave Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Senior Artist/Animator
    Monroe, WA
    As with most F2P titles, it doesn’t take long before you encounter the gnarly pay wall. You’ll breeze through your first few matches, but after buying the “special offer,” and enough premium currency to open the “superstar pack,” I am now awash with timers and frustrating opponents with my only options being to grind through low-tier matches until I save up enough cash to upgrade, or pay to get the money needed to upgrade.

Each defeat ends with several wrestlers knocked out requiring more timers to countdown or more money to be paid.

It’s a shame... the production values are incredibly high, and the characters and overall move system is great, but the rest is standard F2P. If you don’t mind the grind, have at it. I’ve given the “struggling dev” $7 dollars, and wish them all the luck in the world.

18. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    @3Dave if you don't mind my asking, where are you getting stuck and awash with timers? Believe it or not we're trying to avoid that experience. Our design goal is to make it so you always have something fun to do even when you're not strong enough to advance in the campaign yet. That's why we don't have the typical energy system, for example. It's been a tricky to balance tbh, and I'm sure there are some rough spots still.

In any case, thanks for giving it a shot!

19. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    The PvP star cap goes up you progress through arenas. Right now there are only two arenas, but we'll open up more when we have enough players that matchmaking times don't suck.

Personally I find it useful to keep some lower tier wrestlers around even for the higher arena though. In some cases two of the right 2-star wrestlers can be a better play than one 4-star, for example. Even 1-stars occasionally come in handy.

20. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    The 'Support' link in-game is not active for some reason; Ill just post here since the devs are active.

Request : It would be helpful if there were a tab for sorting wrestlers 'by name' while in the gym.. The option does exist in the 'Wrestlerpedia', but not currently within 'MY Wrestlers'. Thanks.