The Most Effective Marketing Technique on Twitter!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by INNOVATTY, Jan 22, 2011.

1. mommagamehouse

mommagamehouse Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
  2. INNOVATTY

INNOVATTY Well-Known Member

Here is how you can join:

1- Go to the IDRTG website:

IDRTG - The Most Effective Marketing Technique on Twitter

2- Sign-in using your Twitter account. Link is at the top right of the page.

3- After you sign-in, you'll be re-directed to the membership page. Read the terms of usage and press the join button at the bottom.

We look forward to having as a member.

3. mommagamehouse

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
    ya i have done that i can see my point too. its 32. am i right ?

4. INNOVATTY

Welcome to the group ;)

5. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I tried this IDRTG, got my tweet retweeted over 40 times however talking to other developers they perceive it as spam. I tracked the links. No one clicked on the bit.ly link to the game. I don't see how this works if i supposedly reached 100,000 people. Twitter marketing seems too cluttered for me.

6. INNOVATTY

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Looking at your last tweet, it's missing some essential elements. You need to have more searchable and relevant keywords/tags like #iPhone, #App, #Game and etc ...

PLS RT Shooter's Alley for the Mac App Store is 68th place over all games. http://t.co/2kdqHFU #IDRTG

Note that the effectiveness of IDRTG is not only by making your tweet show up multiple times in timelines. Timelines are very cluttered. IDRTG promotes your tweets on Twitter top tweets search, which is the default. If you have the right keywords, you get a lot of clicks.

If you search for #iPhone on Twitter, you will see one or more IDRTG tweets showing up as top tweets. See the power of IDRTG below ;)

[​IMG]

Note that this is available for any IDRTG member, even for a member with 50 followers. The formula is simple. More retweets, more promotion on Twitter.

Regarding spam, there is an anti-spam feature on the website to prevent aggressive retweets. As we add other ways for members to get points, that anti-spam feature will be more strict. Right now, we expect members to be responsible and retweet only what they think their followers may be interested in.

Thanks again ...

7. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Ahh sorry twitter confuses me LOL. I did it with this tweet,

"PLZ RT - Shooter's Alley gives new spin on #bowling #games - http://t.co/VabbFLf #App #Mac #YouTube #IDRTG"

Maybe second times the charm ;)

Hope I got the format right!

- Matt

8. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    #128 BravadoWaffle, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    Hey guys, we recently started taking Twitter more seriously. So now we need followers so we can join the group! Follow us so we can join and tweet your twoots!

In return, I promise to tweet interesting things and useful resources related to game design and marketing!

9. Attollos Technologies

Attollos Technologies Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    iPhone Development Company
    Cheers for the advice innovatty, ill probably tailor my tweets to match that as well..

10. Clockworkapps

Clockworkapps Well-Known Member

Just joined.... great concept!!!

11. mommagamehouse

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
    Definitely work for every developer . I request all developers to join. Honestly great concept.

12. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

13. polygonplay

polygonplay Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Count me in!

14. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

so do you have to write "PLZ RT" before something to get it RT'd? I tend to ignore those posts when I'm reading them... :(

15. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Nah, you can type whatever you want in the field on their website.
    Guess you only need the #IDRGT hashtag included - rest should be up to you :)

16. Aztlan.Games

Aztlan.Games Well-Known Member

I have been a member for a couple of weeks now and I am still very impressed. This is a powerful tool for us indies.

17. Just joined today. Twitter still confuses me with the hashtags and stuff...hopefully it won't take me too long to get it down.

18. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

I tried that already, that's why I asked, hahaha

19. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    But you only asked for the "PLZ RT" thing ;)
    And you don't need that - I don't include it, either, and it works like it should.

20. Priware

Priware Active Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Madrid
    Waiting more followers to join! :D
    @priware