The most anticipated game!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Nov 16, 2010.

?

what game do you want more?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2010.
  1. Infinity Blade

32 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. Aralon: Sword and Shadow

47 vote(s)
    59.5%
  1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    If you think Aralon wasn't advertised on other sites, there's a question I simply have to ask. Do you read other sites at all?

2. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I highly doubt Infinity Blade will suck as bad as Rage HD, which, honestly, feels more like an elaborate advertisement for the PC/console version than a real game. Infinity Blade appears to be a much more complete and self-contained experience.

Infinity Blade may have tap to move gameplay, but none of it plays on a single rail. The "rails" branch out, giving you more freedom to explore without having to fiddle with a clunky on-screen dpad.

I'm not completely happy with the "cinematic movement" choice either, but I think it's a smart idea overall. The simple controls will make it easier for more people to enjoy the game.

3. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    i think infinity blade may remind me of zelda majoras mask....

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Did you read my post? I said besides this site and app review sites.

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Of course I did, I just assumed you don't know what you're talking about. :>
    Also, thanks to advertising, it's pretty much all over the social sites (Twitter etc.), and what else counts? Whoever is even remotely interested in iDevice gaming uses at least one of these, and noone will ever buy a device for just one game. So it doesn't matter where else they advertise it.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #46 backtothis, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Aralon is the most hyped game? Maybe you guys think toucharcade constitutes of the entire Idevice user base in the world. If you want to talk about hype, try checking all the big name sites that people flock to daily in multiple magnitudes of those that come here. Yes, they still show Aralon, but there's no one out there screaming that Aralon is the best game of the year. The hype for infinity blade is probably ten times, or more, universally. Get the hell out of here. If you don't know shit, don't share. Um, Aralon does have retina what the hell are y'all talking about? You haven't even seen a video of IB yet wow. Aralon is not just by devs working with over 100 times less the budget, it actually has devs that spend any free time theyve possessed for the past freaking half year answering your questions. You can give your opinion, sure, but shitting on a game that you know nothing about is unforgivable. Look at all the rage enthusiasts. I mean, what a piece of trash that was..getting an A+ on hard mode the first time around? Yeah, just great, deep fun.

Typed from iPod without spell check.

7. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Whereas I am more excited about Aralon personally, I'm hoping that both games sell one hell of a lot of copies for these reasons:
    -The big game companies like Epic and id will hopefully take notice of how popular deep games like Aralon really can be.
    -Epic can see just how profitable making iOS games can be
    -Crescent Moon games and other smaller game companies get rewarded for making great quality games

I'm not interested in either game doing poorly in sales (assuming they will be great games and I have no reason so far to think otherwise). This can only be good for any of us interested in high quality non-casual games on iOS.

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    What? Your post makes no sense.:confused:

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Maybe if I capitalized 'rage' and maybe if you learned how to read, it'd be all good.

10. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Infinity blade is clearly the most the most wanted game. I bet if we were to show some one who is new to the iphone/ipodtouch gameing the 10 miniute gameplay of aralon and the one min. trailer of infinity blade they would definitly choose infinity blade over aralon.

11. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Clearly you like to make ignorant comments.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Good call.

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    #53 Epox, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Apple, Yahoo, Epic Games, USA Today advertised Infinity Blade you cannot go much higher than that. I could go on and on. Plus Aralon is not being developed by a respected and huge game company, no offense. Also any number of tweets about Aralon, Infinity Blade has at least 5 times that amount. I bet you more iDevice owners would know about Infinity Blade rather and Aralon.

14. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Hahaha yep Aralon looks much more in-depth and more fun to play.

15. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Am i the only one that thinks infinity blade will have the same concept as zelda the majoras mask!!!!

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    maybe you should've used spell check.:p

17. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    Does Aralon have Retina Display graphics? I've heard people saying different things about it.

18. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    It has retina

19. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    Thanks for clarifying.

20. backtothis