The most anticipated game!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Nov 16, 2010.

?

what game do you want more?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2010.
  1. Infinity Blade

32 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. Aralon: Sword and Shadow

47 vote(s)
    59.5%
  1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #21 Cilo, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    blag

2. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Aralon wins EASY

3. Dakaa

Dakaa Member

Jul 1, 2010
    lol so true, Aralon is gonna be shit azz, wanna bet?

4. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Is Aralon possibly the most hyped game in App Store history?

5. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that just yet... Both games looks absolutely superb.

6. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Infinity Blade.

Aralon may have more depth, but I still have concerns about the special effects animations and storyline. And IGN is already hyping Infinity Blade as the best iPhone game of all time. I'll likely get both, but, at the moment, I'm more pumped about Infinity Blade.

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    IGN has pretty much no credibility here. Aralon still looks a LOT better.

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

The more I read about IB the less enthused I am at how it's shaping up. Aralon just continues to get my interest with its depth.

And yah, IGN is about as reliable as app store reviews.

9. Axidrain

Axidrain Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    aralon wins this easy. the reason being that it's a real game. not an on rails point and click finger swipe slash rock paper scissors guessing game that just looks pretty without any real substance. infinity blade i would say will serve nothing more than tech demo to promote what their unreal engine can do to the masses. so i wouldn't really bet on it being as fulfilling as aralon will. and to top it off. josh takes suggestions and communicates with his growing fan base throughout the game's development. that's another massive plus to aralon.

I've been a gamer since back in the sega genesis days up till now. so im looking at this purely from a gamer's point of view. and as a gamer. I really like where aralon's development is heading to :3 can't wait

10. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Infinity Blade. The other game looks insanely boring to me.

11. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    aralon doesn't look that good and has been ridiculously overhyped. whoever thought that releasing details about a game nearly a year before release is an idiot, too much hype = dissapointment.

12. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    How can you even say that? I doubt you have even taken atleast 5 minutes to look at them and you are deciding on grapghics, if you had actually looked you would see aralon is ALOT more interesting then a shiny game with good grapghis that might have ok gameplay

13. Axidrain

Axidrain Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    +1.

seriously. im taking IB's hype with a pinch of salt. i mean look what happened to Rage. so much for rage on the iphone. and ever since they announced that IB will be point click based for the movement I already lost most of my interest on this game cuz i know that it's gonna be really, really linear. and most probably, really, really short as well. :3 from what ive read, its gonna be grinding over and over again until youre able to defeat the boss. sounds fun, yes. but that's all the game is gonna be about.

and as for announcing a game a year before its released. its freakin' normal. heck, look at gran turismo 5.

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    it hasn't been a year yet. about 6 months. I don't know if you are talking about graphics or gameplay as far as the look goes? Obviously we can't compete with Epic Games on the graphics level, (noone can!) with only a few people working on the game and a budget probably 1/100th of Infinity Blade.

15. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

This. The inability to move freely like in the demo started to sour me. Add in Fruit Ninja gameplay and I've lost a lot of interest. The QQing when IB is released will be legendary.

16. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

That is hilarious lol

17. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    IF i had 50 bucks and aralon and infinity blade just came out and aralon was 60 and infinity blade was 45 i would beg my mum for 10 more bucks because aralon just seems that much better!

18. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I saw the ten minute video they put up and looked decent at best. I didn't choose Infinity Blade because of the graphics; I chose it because the other game doesn't appeal to me whats-so-ever.

By the way, what's with all the assumptions? Also, you do realize everyone has different opinions, right?

19. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Infinity Blade is the most anticipated games because while thousands of users dont know about Aralon because it was never advertised on big sites besides app review sites and this site. Infinity Blade is endorsed by Apple and their are many news articles about it to.

20. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    If I only could play one of that games today I would choose Infinity Blade for sure.