Universal The Mesh (by Creatiu Lab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CreatiuLab, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I apologize for not having read the thread, but is it at all on the radar to have a mode where the "power-ups" (bomb and dark modes, timers, in fact everything except multipliers) disabled? Perhaps a customizable endless mode with "vanilla gameplay" as an option. I love the core game but have a hard time getting past 40-ish when those become more prominent.
    Just don't enjoy them as much.

2. CreatiuLab

CreatiuLab Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2014
    #62 CreatiuLab, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks for supporting us MathFan! We are not sure if $1.99 may be too high, it is cheaper than other premium games like for example Rules or Threes ($2.99). Choosing the right price is not an easy task.
    We worked really hard on The Mesh for about a year. There are things you may don't need for the game like: the water effect when you touch the tiles, the parallax effect on the home screen, the animation of the dog when you touch its head,...but we tried to polish every detail trying to stand out. I'm not justifying that the price is $1.99, just saying that we put a lot of thought and effort into it and being on the App Store is not easy.:)

The App Store changed quite a bit the last couple of years. We really like the idea of premium games where the user doesn't get bugged with ads, lives, Facebook,... but the truth is that premium games are getting a really hard time these days on the App Store.

We really appreciate your comments and your support!! Thank you!

We are about to upload a new version with a "no timer" mode. So yes, it's coming :) Stay tuned

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    People who think $1.99 is too high a cost for a game should stick to freemium games.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Actually, I think they should do what MathFan did and take a punt!

5. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    That actually convinced me, lol. We'll see how she plays

6. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I guess if Three's is a 10 then this game is 7.5? Has a lot going for it, but you have to kinda concentrate to play this. Not a big fan of those "Dark" and "Bomb" puzzles, but they're few and far between. Looking forward to some new "Zen"modes hopefully and will def be playing this more, good entertainment!

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    It's a poorer game because it requires more concentration? I would argue this is better than Threes because it features more varied gameplay. But that's preferences for you, everyone has different tastes.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Glad to hear it! Hope you enjoy the new mode when it drops. I'm still checking for it every day!

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #69 Qwertz555, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    I'm still very sorry for having a code instead of buying this gem (my comment on a $2 game), and for not voting due to my camping holidays (iphone's only for emergency).

Maybe i convinced a lady to buy it after she played and liked the game very much. What she didn't like was to invest way over 30 minutes of her time just to die because of a 15 second timer. I'm all honest here, i don't like that either, and my only way to overcome this is taking a screenshot to find out the solution and going back to the game again. Although this is a big flaw in my books, i'm still hooked and i just unlocked Capricorn with my current best 121.

I'm also looking forward to a stress free mode (endless?) and another nice feature would be to be able to choose the track i wanna play with.

For a brain game and not my genre - this is by far my favorite one and will stay for a long time on my device. Well, i've yet to reach my impossible seeming 200 points.

Edit: i made the impossible 200 Club!
    Took me around 90 minutes, spinned every wheel there was (oh boy) and was cheating on almost every (way too) short bomb or dark mode. I'm so damn sure that most of the other 57 players did the same...

10. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Let's face it, Three's is a game that any idiot could play. It involved numbers, but no real math was involved (or thinking required), which is why I think it had such a mass appeal. This game you actually have to do math, although very basic, it still requires thinking.
    My score did feel harsh because this game has a lot of heart and is actually pretty great and original. I just don't think it's the perfect puzzle game for everyone.
    When you think of value for the price this game is off the charts, but I think a lot of us worry more about the pennies then the dollars sometimes.

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Update is out!

12. CreatiuLab

CreatiuLab Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2014
  13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice. Nothing says Zen like a bloody great dragon!