The May 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, May 4, 2017.

1. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    RHess you're my hero.

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Right, I have terrorised the inhabitants of some apartments by picking their locks and strolling into their homes, I've won a fairly entertaining alien variant of blackjack, and beaten up some hapless old guy in an arena. And I've been invited to a party with a bunch of sith, which is nice.

I'm a bit worried now abou over levelling before this Jedi switch thing happens. Think I need to get over myself and just enjoy it... So Frela Raya is kicking back with the band. Cool game.

Attached Files:

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Glad I could help borb!

4. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Hey at least you're making friends!

5. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    When you gas the room you're standing in...

6. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Two planets down. I'm off to Tatooine.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    How many are there again? I'm on Tatooine as well, but don't know how much longer I've got. I'd Google it, but don't want to accidentally see spoilers.

8. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    There are 6 planets on the star map but a couple extra areas that I won't mention.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup. I was pretty frakked in Dantooine though, so i brought a melee tanky zaalbar to finish that planet. The damage output's just too low that you get so much damage overtime and keep burning through medpack supplies quickly. I might abandon this one and start a new, coz i predict things would just get more difficult the more i push through.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh, just to add, i finished the game solo (almost. Had to bring somebody to tank in some key fights) using dual blasters, but that was years ago on the PC. Swhy i wanted to try going repeaters, but it just seems impossible without a full party.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Level 5-8 in you initial class would be ok before switching to jedi classes IMO. ;)

12. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    That does sound more difficult than my lightsaber wielding Soldier/Guardian. He's doing quite a bit of damage. I figured I'd go through a lot of medpacs so I've been putting ever skill point into Treat Injury.

13. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I think I'm going to make an exception to my solo run. HK-47 is just too awesome to have around for the commentary. I won't level him or give him weapon though.

14. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This is such a good game...both gameplay and story - it's all freaking awesome.Especially the story:your interactions with other characters,situations that you face,choices that you have to make at all the points of the game,from the beginning to the very end.The story and overall choice system is really spiritual IMO.It's neither Dostoyevsky nor Tolstoy but it's a good introduction to stories that make us ask questions like:"Why do I do this?","Is this fair?",etc.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Meh. Abandoned my repeater build. Just too difficult as there arent a lot of ways to increase damage. Never had the same problem with my Dual Blaster Pistol run. I did need one tank in a few key fights, but nonetheless was able to finish the game back then with 2 handguns.

Just going lightstaff this time around.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Currently stuck in Manaan coz... i hate that area. LOL.

Feels like a chore playing through Manaan that i dont have motivation to play through it.

17. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm still on Tatooine. I hate Sand People.

18. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Funny, that was probably my favorite world lol. The Jolee mission there was one of my favorities, and the main story mission had some unique scenarios and environments.

19. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Finished up Trails of Cold Steel except for a couple of minor trophies, and my basement flooding problem is now more of a paperwork and contractor issue, so I've got some spare time to jump into KOTOR now.

Still on the first world, working my way around the sewers. I had a little bit of a rough time adjusting to the controls (playing on my Air 2, no controller), and the sketchiness of the controls cost me a couple of game overs and an exploding treasure chest, but otherwise it's going well. Currently level 4 and just picked up a fourth party member.

My Scout is dual wielding blaster pistols (one a +1, one a basic). Still thinking about how to arrange the rest of my party now that I have one too many to drag around with me.

The "return home" functionality is pretty abusable for free healing, so I've been making good use of that, especially against the poisonous monsters that are littered through the sewers.

Been vacillating between Light and Dark options, whatever's been easier. I want to lean dark, but sometimes doing so just sounds like the more difficult option, and I'm really not in the mood for increasing the challenge right now. I just want to play through the game and have some fun.

Attached Files:

20. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I don't remember Manaan, but I do remember Jolee Bindo as one of my favorite characters.

I've been toting this game around for years but haven't found the time to play much. Finally getting off Taris should have been motivating, but I'm trying to play too many other games...including treadmill MMOs because I'm kinda dumb.