The May 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, May 4, 2017.

1. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    In case no one has mentioned this try not to lvl up your char till you become a jedi. Right now I'm lvl 2 and I'm going to try to stay at this lvl till i become a jedi. If you do this you get more lvls in the Jedi class I'll probably have too lvl up 1 or 2 more lvls but I'll try to do it at this lvl even if I have to lower the difficulty setting till i become a Jedi.

p.s. Is anyone else having a problem with the [Add an attachment]

2. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I created a character - went with a Female Scout that I named Rafa Galthana, because I am an irrepressible FF Tactics nerd and I couldn't help it when I remembered the Big Bad's name. Last time I played, I went Male .. Whatever the hand-to-hand fighting class is called, I forget. Wanted to do something different.

I got about 30 minutes into the game before I noticed that I had several inches of water in my basement! So, I'm on hold while I get house stuff taken care of. I'll get back into it later; this won't be one of my signature "fly through the game in the first week" Reloads. :p

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    You can't post attachments with the app. You'll have to go to the website.

4. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Sorry about the basement. I hate anything that involves water in the house. Flooding, sump pumps, plumbing issues, well issues, water heaters. It's always a mess.

5. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    It's having to do with the natural file size of screenshots from what I understand. I bring mine into Afterlight and just export as is and then they work. Only work around I've been able to find for now. Hope this helps.

6. Sugarbear Montclair

Oct 4, 2016
    So no on has tryed to play blaster only,... think I'll try it, just use force powers like push and heal. Be cool to achieve. I played this on 1 gen Xbox. And now I'm playing Zelda on switch . Great btw!

7. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Was planning to go straight dual blasters until Jedi if it's considered doable #

8. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Learnt a harsh lesson today...when selecting party member...press add button...

9. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Definitely remember where I stopped playing last time. Sigh.

Attached Files:

10. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Have you done all the side quests up to that point? It's the best way to gain exp and money for weapons, armor, and medpacs.

11. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Point taken. I've really just gone straight for the sewer. Did the first round of the arena for fun and killed Dia...guess I should try a few more before continuing. I think I'm subconsciously trying to rush to the Jedi parts

12. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah I understand. Becoming a Jedi is when the fun starts! From what I remember of my first time through, there isn't much grinding in the game so it's important to get all the exp you can get with the side quests.

13. Mannimal

Mannimal Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Seconded!

14. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I think I broke it. I am STILL in the sewer, I've cleared it out entirely, I know the Wookiee is behind the malfunctioning door and there's another "impossible" locked door but I'm stuck...I thought Mission was supposed to be down there somewhere too...can't seem to find her and when I leave the sewer I'm immediately murdered by Rakghouls...honestly considering restarting from beginning. Ugh.

15. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #55 RHess00, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    I think you have to
    talk to someone in the village until they tell you about Mission first. Then the next time you go through the gate she just comes running up to you. You need her to rescue the Wookiee.

As far as getting out of there, you should be able to go back to your hideout. Go to the map screen and at the bottom click Return to Hideout. I'm not sure if it will work in the sewers though.

16. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    When you guys talk about the "sewers" is that the undercity of Taris or am I just to early in the game to know what it is? ;-)

17. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    The sewers are a part of the undercity.

18. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    Thanks

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Kinda struggling in the earlier parts (sewer area now) with my solo repeater build. Get ganged up and it's really difficult to get out. :D

20. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah mobs are tough when you're going solo. I try to get one to chase me and take them out one at a time but that doesn't always work.

Repeater build? Does this mean your going blaster only?