The March 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Lunar Silver Star Story Touch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Mar 2, 2017.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Curse you, Curtis! Don't you know my willpower is weak! And I have the new Zelda and a Switch waiting for me at home too! I'm gritting my teeth here. Chances are, I'll have bought Lunar before next weekend...

2. Dragontears969

Dec 21, 2013
    Yeah I was really sad when I bought Harmony and found out my 2 favorite songs had the lyrics changed and that some of the voices didn't sound the same as on my PS Complete one by Working Design. Also if I remember correctly some of the fan service art pictures can be easily missed. I had to replay the original to get them all. So if you are a completionist you might want to check a FAQ for where those are.

3. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010

Heck, $11 for a Community experience and a 'special' game recommended by Shaun...and roughly 30 hours play time...what a deal! I'm in.

Even though I'm time poor, I can't wait to see where this takes us!

4. Dragontears969

Dec 21, 2013
    This is my favorite RPG of all time though, followed by Disgaea, FF9 and World of Final Fantasy.

One thing I wanted to warn everyone though is to try not to spoil the major twists in the story. This was the game where I spoiled a twist for a friend and he never played more of the game because of it. #

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yes, spoiler tags are our friends with this one.

6. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    What gameplay changes from SSSC aren't in SSST?

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    i don't know why it won't let me upload a screenshot but what level should i be? i'm at islet of lann everyone is around level 18 but the monsters kicking my characters ***

8. link1138

link1138 New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Final fantasy 7 next please? :)

9. abin

abin New Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I'm in. Never played Lunar before, so am very excited to be doing so alongside the TA community. Download has finished. Wife asleep - let's rock!

10. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Just finished up the Cave of Trial at level 14 - a very near thing on the boss fight considering the restrictions in place. Now exploring the city beyond.
    Testing spoiler tags in case I need them soon.

11. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Mostly difficulty balancing. Enemy stats, behavior, and drops were a little more tilted against the player in WD's version. Touch also reflects the JP version's small number of save files rather than the WD version's 15 save files.

12. kshriner

kshriner Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    Alright, I'll throw my hat in the ring for a go.. i suck at these jrpgs but always wanted to finish one.. heh. Maybe it's like working out and I just needed a partner.. ;)

Attached Files:

13. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I just thumped the boss of the Islet at level 16/16/14/16. Thoughts:

Do you have a flame staff? Your attack mage can use it as an item for good damage.

Be liberal with one of your healer's MP usage, and conserve the other. I suggest attacking with your newest healer in the random battles and save her MP for the boss. Alex and Nash can take care of the boss by themselves, especially if Alex has his attack boosted one way or another.

14. Discostallion

Discostallion Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Good grief! 2/3 characters slain by slimes in my first encounter :eek:

Promptly followed that up with a TPK at the hands of...flies?!?! Oh the shame of it.

15. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    ok, I figured out the screencap problem. Lunar saves as .png and I think the file size is too big or the dimensions are. Either way, cropping them just a hair causes iOS to resave as a jpg. Thus, please enjoy this picture of scenic downtown Meribia. I will have more relevant screens later. Also: can you spoiler lock screencaps? I rarely do attachments here.

Attached Files:

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    yeah I have and do all of that. level 19 now after beating the "dragon master" but I just never feel much stronger.

17. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    *Signing up* Great choice! I have started it many times, but the timing has never been right for it then. It would be great to finally fonish it! Thinking of how I somehow turn my playtime into the double of expected I will probably have to expect 60 hours lol. Seriously. How ever have I not beaten the final boss of FFIV after over 60 hours of playtime!

18. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Save often, folks. I just had to replay a segment of Hilariously Overpowered Guest Character Theater because the game crashed out of the item use menu.

On the saving note, is anyone else having issues with the game not saving in the slot you're clicking? Maybe this is only an issue in landscape mode, but the save file keeps migrating anywhere from 1-3 slots lower than I click.

19. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    #39 falcon815, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Nope, still doing it to me even in Portrait mode (iPad Air 2, 9.3.5). Oh well. Portrait is a better way to select enemy targets in combat for sure, though, so I might use it more often.

I made some more progress this morning while keeping a watchful eye on my baby daughter. Got through the southern puzzle tower and met the folks in Reza with their abundant shopping opportunities. I don't have anywhere near enough money for all their weaponry, so I prioritized swords and maces for now. Moving on to the next dungeon, which has a fire motif. All party members level 21.

The forest near the onsen is a lot harder than I remembered. I had to burn through Alex's MP to get through it, and it's only one screen long!

20. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Mine is working fine. Saves where ever I choose. Strange.

I'm probably going to be far behind everyone this month. I haven't made it to the second town yet. I got my Switch yesterday and can't tear myself away from Zelda. It's pretty amazing.