Universal The Longest Journey Remastered (by Funcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Wow looks amazing looks like I'm will be getting a itunes voucher this week :D also never heard game before judging by the comment below and screenshots it must buy:D

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I just checked my store and this should be out now. It's not. I also checked out the PH store and it's not there either (should have been out a few hours ago if EP's NZ day posts are anything to go by). If this is a soft launch, I will probably kill myself. dspgk;lgj;erjg

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It ain't keyboard's fault.

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Holy.. Hum... Cow! I can't believe it's here! I remember playing it when I was so so young.. Never finished the first one, I guess I'll finally be able to do it with this version :)

5. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I am totally blown away to actually see this game being released for iOS, and had no idea that any sort of a launch was planned. This just happens to be one of my favourite PC games of all time, and I have been gaming on the PC for over 20 years.

Let's hope that this doesn't just turn out to be a soft launch.

For those who have never heard of this title, you have a real treat in store.

6. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Could be the funniest thing I've read today

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Something I hadn't thought about. Maybe it's something to do with Daylight Saving Time. If this isn't out in 21 mins over here, THEN I'll kill myself...

...and keyboard.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  9. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Soft launch? Please, say it ain't so...

This is probably my favorite point-n-click of all time. This is a great platform to release on and I hope that it will be a worldwide release at 11/midnight/whatever tonight.

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    leave the keyboard alone!!!!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant find it on the PH appstore. Shoulda been here 5 hours ago but none. Could be soft launch.

12. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Is this basically a point-and-click "choose your dialogue which affects progression" type of game? Similar to Walking Dead game? I hope it is because Walking Dead had me hooked for like 3 playthroughs.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not really, no. Longest Journey's a traditional point 'n' click adventure...you know, old school. Both Dreamfall (spinoff/sequel) and the new Dreamfall Chapters could be considered closer to Walking Dead since they're more about story than gameplay.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    As much as I want this, I'm not sure I have 50 hours to dedicate to a game right now. I think I want the PC version. Not that it matters as this looks like a softlaunch or maybe even a mistake launch since it hasn't shown up anywhere else yet.

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I've never been a PC gamer, and I don't know a whole lot about this game. I do however enjoying reading about the best games on all platforms (even ones I don't use) and The Longest Journey has invariably appeared on every single 'best PC games of all time' article I've ever read, so the excitement is understandable.

After recently playing The Silent Age I feel in the mood to play more of the iOS point & click adventure games I've bought and neglected over the years. I think I'll next play the recently updated to be Universal Beneath a Steel Sky, whilst keeping a close eye on the situation in this thread.

16. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Wooow! I remember playing this back in the day. It had about four cds worth of installation

17. So...um...I suspect this game is meant to be rather good then...I've honestly never heard of this series before, so...I take it it's worth the purchase?

18. One-Shot

One-Shot Member

Jun 12, 2011
    #39 One-Shot, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Pretty much the biggest instabuy on iOS ever for me. I did start my yearly play through of this on PC a couple weeks ago, but I'll gladly start over again. Will go well with the Dreamfall Chapters playing I've been doing.

19. Yukikoly

Yukikoly New Member

Oct 28, 2014
    #40 Yukikoly, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    FOR most of 1996 and 1997, I spent good chunks of my time pretending I was Guybrush Threepwood, a young man with dreams of becoming a pirate. <a href="http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com/category-coque-etui-iphone-6-plus-490.html" title="etui iphone 6 plus">etui iphone 6 plus</a>