Universal The Long Siege (By Anomaly Studios Pte Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    How will this run on an A5 processor?

2. tiredcat

tiredcat Active Member

May 30, 2011
    Any suggestion on how to kill 10 on a level with the cannon? I am struggle to do this one.

3. It's weird. I don't remember having trouble with that one on my first game, but on my second one I can't seem to clear it. Driving me crazy.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I let a LOT of cannon type things show up - use the freeze type ones first, and the big plasma type things last... Heal your tower and you will get a few groups of enemies showing up. I killed 4 or 5 at a time a couple / few times...

5. tiredcat

tiredcat Active Member

May 30, 2011
    Thank you! Freezing first and then firing seemed to do the trick.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I have tried and so far I've discovered I'm terrible at this with it not being turn based, but I won't rate it bad for that.

7. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    Agree 100%. This game would be far more immersive if they used the YMBAB style of rapid matching rather than continually pausing.

Also, the interface isn't very responsive - I feel like YMBAB makes it easy to match whereas Long Siege requires too much precision as you scroll.

It's a pity because all the other game elements are good but this ruins it for me at least.

8. TTotully

TTotully Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I am not a match 3 game fan of any kind. This is one exception. I really enjoy the RPG elements and real time strategy aspects. I definitely can easily recommend this to just about anyone. Whether you are a hardcore gamer or pick up and play for a few mins at a time, there is something for everyone here.

9. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Devs: Is there a bug with the "deflect all with bulwark" quest?

I swear I have kept up the shield on my tower at all times, and restored it right after an attack, but the quest never seems to complete. Am I doing something wrong? I just make sure that I keep on matching hammers, and make sure the bubble is always up.

10. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

This was a fun little game for a while, but the final boss is just way too difficult for me. I get to the 3rd stage sometimes, but I'm nowhere near completing. Day 250 or something and I have huge quantities of both currencies, but no way to spend it to help complete it. I have all the upgrades too, except the last quest reward.

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #91 Jayg2015, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Been playing this match 3. 5stars
    Progressing. I'm on day 85 right now

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Unless I'm missing something then I don't think their is an ending.
    I've made it to last level and beat 7 Titans at the end but they are never ending

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Ugh, another game with no screen rotation.
    Having the big iPad Pro in a stand means the lightning connector is facing down and and I cannot connect the charging cable while playing.
    Please developers, is it really that hard to implement screen rotation as a standard feature? #

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    after trying out YMBAB and finding a love-hate relationship with the slide mechanic, sure enough this game went on sale for the same price and picked it up too.

What i cant understand is how levels work for the quests, ie i have cleared all current quests, passed some stages and it still dowsnt give me new quests. Can anyone enlighten me?

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #95 Son of Anarchy, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    You have to beat all three 'castles' in a row before you get rewarded for quest completion. Then you should get three more quests. Normally if you can't beat three castles at once it just means you're not strong enough and you might need to grind a little while. Hope that helps.

...also, price drop.

16. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks! found that out through playing more. It's easier than YMBAB i think, maybe because of the tile style? As long as you keep 3 hammers ready to match so you can produce soldiers :)