Universal The Lizards Claw - textbased RPG adventure game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thomasbo_Huusmann, Sep 4, 2019.

?

Do you want to know about the game development or the business? (Product/Market fit, Investment etc)

1. Game only

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Business Only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. thomasbo_Huusmann

thomasbo_Huusmann Active Member

Hi all good folks

Here you can follow and engage with our journey on The Lizards Claw.

It will be a thread full of artwork, questions, pictures, animations and hopefully great debate with you on what you see.
    generally we will share our progress as we move along.

Also I will share the progression / decisions weekly

ABOUT THE GAME:
    [​IMG]

The Lizards Claw is a textbased RPG adventure game for iOS
    Primary for kids 8+

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat:"we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Behind The Lizards Claw, is a growing core team working away, to create a great experience for all:

Jan Rybka, Lead Artist and Art direction
    Benjamin Magic man, Lead Programmer
    Thomas-Bo Huusmann, Creator and Business development
    Tobias Dahl Nielsen, Audio wizard

If you want to test The Lizard's Claw. Sign up in the link below:
    Google forms

mobyjames likes this.
  2. mobyjames

mobyjames Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Male
    Seattle, USA
    Sounds like a cool project. What phase of development are you in? Just getting off the ground?

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Sounds kinda paradoxically, isn't it? I wouldn't expect a lot of pictures and animations from production of text-based rpg game. Artwork sure, but the rest? I would assume the magic of text-based game is in use of the most powerful graphics chip - your imagination (to quote Sheldon). But I'm definitely intrigued so gring it. I'm looking forward to it.

4. thomasbo_Huusmann

Thanks Mobyjames, we are also very excited about the project.

We are still in the early development stage, and are working out a simple Prototype to show investors how the basic mechanics will work.

5. thomasbo_Huusmann

Haha respect. That is so true. We spend at least a month on discussing what genre our idea will fits under. So maybe it should be called a paradoxical textbased RPG adventure game.

One of the big personally inspirations and challenges to overcome for the game, is to bring reading into the next level and play with text within a digital universe.

Like Device6 did:

What direction The Lizards Claw will go is still early. But I will keep this journey up to date here.

6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Pleasure. It was the first thing came to my mind. Anyway, I've been playing games since PMD 85 and ZX Spectrum later so nostalgia kicked in immediately. Text-based games were so popular back then. Bringing back the essentials that made them so great is pretty clever.

And I appreciate it, good sir. It's such a treat for us mere mortals being allowed to experience the whole process of creation with the developer. Can't wait to be a part of it. Just bring it. :)

Btw, just out of curiosity. Jan Rybka - the name sounds Czech/Slovak, is he? :rolleyes:

7. Johny_Toxic

Johny_Toxic Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Gaming Addict
    Indiana
    I love the idea of you sharing the process, ill really be looking forward to seeing more about this.