The little games that make money in China but not in the USA. China could be the new

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Apr 27, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #1 1stSPIN, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    hThis game was noted by a member as not being good enough to draw attention and it did not do well in the USA type market so he was right. But it just made 5,000 + rmb or nearly $1,000 USD yesterday (Sunday) in China. It has over 10,000 people playing it everyday and growing and is making 2,000 to now 5,000 rmb a day. The game is Hardest Stick Man Games if you are curious. It is a collection of 10+ stickman games nicely executed with simple graphics. I though that it should do very well in North America, I was wrong but not about its income value and the member here right in the short term. it still could do very well in the USA, like gasoline it just needs a spark. I am going to do a China test with another game and if it too can draw a return in China using some special methods to promote (my co producer found a way to promote in China) then I am going to take the next step and look at new game developers who have games that my partner and I feel have potential and work out a deal to launch them in China. That will take some work because the games have to be reworked to be China friendly. But the returns are attractive enough to venture there. There are publishers here but I and my partner feel that doing it on our own is safer.

2. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Wow, that's literally incredible.

$1000 in a day for a game that's highest rank ever was #499 in the casual games category back in February according to app annie and has racked up 1000-5000 installs according to google play sounds too good to be true!

And $0.10 per day per user is also an incredible return from an ad network.

We should all release just in China with the special promotion methods your co-producer knows about.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont know but i'm still just suspicious about all these claims. If he is making so much in China why does he need to tell the world that ? If i was him i would keep that information to myself.

And 'perhaps' China is a good market if that stickman game somehow sells thousands. That type of game might have done well in the west 5 years ago but i'm sorry it just looks appalling. If that game does well in China then wow.

But i dont know, after reading the 17th 'we've done so well in China' post i'm just starting to think 'huh ?'

4. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #4 1stSPIN, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    This information got me off guard. I released something was different when 2 of my games released in China had a far, far better return in China through Tencents without advertising than the amount I received after spending about $2,000+ USD advertising on google play. He originally told me he did not want to show ads in China but only to get players but I convinced him that posting ads from Tencents was something everyone was doing and he should think of the business side and pick up the increase google vs Tencent revenue that was being experienced with the other 2 games. As you might of read from other posts he found a method to promote to get his player numbers up to a good level fast without paid advertising which is part of the key and we will test that again with the new game we will launch in a few days. Tomorrow we will finish our next game Stickman Hero Saga and add inapp purchases, adds and in house ads to push our new and existing games. We will discuss my plan to go to the next step and start a company here to push new games from other developers that we feel can be China tailored and start what my be premature an agent/publishing company. I will see how he feels about that because he holds an important key. We will do that after we test 2nd game.

5. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Maybe you can help us. My co designer has all of the methods to upload games with inapp purchase for Apple and China but has not been able to find the method to do that with Google Play. If you know how could you please give me the step by step method to do that. We would also like to launch the new game with Google but will not be able to if we do not have a clear step by step method to do that. Thanks for you help.

6. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    We are going to work on the new game at 5PM China time. I was hoping someone who has experience upload inapp purchase games onto google play would reply. I did get some information in a previous post but I need a step by step method. Thank you.

7. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Here is an Update:

We just finished our game and published it in China. We will test our previous good results with this new game to see if it was a one of or we stumbled on something good. The first game now has over 200,000 downloads in China on Android and but a few in the western market. The next few games we design will be designed to hit this new market.

The game I am referring to is also being launched on Google and Apple. So far we did not get any feedback from Apple but it was only uploaded last night. With Google we have a bit of a problem. I posted it in another thread asking for help. The new game uses in-app purchases which can be purchased by collect chickens or you can buy the chickens to speed up the purchase. We want to expand our focus beyond just ads. In China we are still getting a high return on ads but if we find the way to convert some of the users to buy in-apps it will bring our revenue to a respectable amount.