Universal The Little Fox (by ZPLAY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Oleh Khromov

Oleh Khromov New Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Kharkiv, Ukraine
    Really, we cannot make that game easy - the gameplay is already designed in this way. So the only thing we can do is to become free (like Mr. Jump or Crossy Road) for non-hardcore users not to feel disappointment about lost dollar.

2. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I'd say this an excellent example of how iteration can improve a previously problematic game. On launch, I wanted to like The Little Fox, but it was just too difficult. It felt like Super Hexagon mixed with Nono Islands, but the cognitive load was just insane. Super Hexagon works because of its simplicity—you move left or right, finding gaps within whirling wheels. But this was effectively a 3D platform game in fast-forward.

But with the addition of the slower 'dream' mode and now restart points, it becomes possible. You can play through in a casual manner if you wish, and leave it at that. Or you can learn the courses, build your speed and competence, and then have a crack at the faster mode with the benefit of experience behind you. For me, it now works. It's a good-looking game with some smart level design and variation, and a sweet little story underpinning everything.

3. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
  4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks like it was re-released for free under ZPLAY with a $3 IAP to remove the energy system. Kinda sucks for whoever bought the first version. I've updated the OP with the correct link.