Universal The Legend of Ipsae (originally Gaia) (by Philip eggert)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    Not yet. Our first update which will be released next week, will include a virtual controller

2. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    There are no mini map per se. There is a world map and a place indicator within the main menu, which helps you to know where you are. The main quest guides you trough the Orders (regions) of Gaia and tells you where you should go next. The world map also gives you information about all these places and where you can find specific ingredients for crafting

3. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    awesome! great to hear.

Phil@sbeargames likes this.
  4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay, that sounds allright, so long as I have an indication where to go I should be fine.
    Just one more question.
    How does the save system work?
    Can I save at any time and return to that exact position or are there save points where the game takes me back to if I leave the game?

5. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    We left everything out of the game we dislike. Especially in-App purchases and that you are able to save at only certain places. Except cutscenes and battles you are free to save your progression at any time in the game. And you start exactly where you‘ve ended up the last time.

jkluk23 likes this.
  6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks. Thats all I need to know... sold!

7. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Are there also plans for MFI Controller support?

8. Sonicx

Sonicx Active Member

Feb 26, 2011
    iphone x here. 2h played. 2 times crashed. mostly when i changed the map

9. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    Okay, that’s new. Do you remember on which maps this two crashes happened?
    Would be great if you could provide some information about that and if you got some error code.
    In our play testing and beta phase we never were able to push any iPhone that far to get the game crash, escpecilly since one of our test units is an iPhone X.
    Thank you very much.

10. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    It is on our list. But we can not promise to implement that, but are eagerly trying to do so.

11. Sonicx

Sonicx Active Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Hi. Cant remember anymore. I will try to notice the next time. There was no error code. Just crashed to "desktop".

12. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    Would be great. Sounds like a RAM system problem caused by to many task on your device. Thank you :)

13. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    You might want to have a look at the upcoming virtual game pad. We‘ve posted some images on twitter
    https://twitter.com/specbeargames/status/1073912408324956161?s=21

Dailon80 and Sonicx like this.
  14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I’m on the fence. It looks a little rough in some ways–choppy fight animations, the move cursor...on the other hand, I appreciate this is an indie operation, and some of it looks really good. having enjoyed A Dark Room and games like it before, I can say the graphic issues aren’t nearly as important as the concept and story.

Is there more to this story than say a kemco rpg?
    Ps i found a play video on YouTube. Put up December 13 so I assume this is current version.

15. Phil@sbeargames

Dec 10, 2018
    The video combines the 3 app preview videos of the iOS AppStore.

The Legend of Gaia is pretty much more than the usual Kemco titles. The soundtrack of the game, the story and features are well put together.
    Usually these kind of games lag in some areas e.g no world map, no quest log, quests which forcing the player etc.
    We incorporated the side quests within the main quest, so you are free to choose which side quest you want to do and in which order. You collect and craft along your path. You can enhance your armors and weapons with collected and bought items. But on point: the game has a story. Of course you have to save the world, but there’s a lot effort setting the whole scene. This game let’s you think about the world of Gaia. Usually in some games you start wondering „but if this is that or happened ... this doesn‘t make any sense at all. And what if...“.

If you start you journey through the world of Gaia as the young Promoter Vaun, you will discover a world of magic.

16. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Awes
    ome to hear!!

17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    so, the app name has changed and is totally free now, or F2P?

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Name might have had some copyright issue.
    Whatever the reason the FREE is perhaps a misprint or something?? :confused:
    My wife just tried the Aussie app store and it’s $9.99.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, you’re right, it’s full price now, but i got it for free some hours ago... weird

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Santa moves in mysterious ways. :)