Universal The Last Warlock (by Sonic Sloth)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 9, 2015.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Wow I just tried out a Hotseat Battle...what a free for all!! But it's a great way to try out all the different spells and see how they work. I'm so glad I picked this up again and persisted!

2. SonicSloth

SonicSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    I think quite a few people got stuck on the Fire Reapers. It's quite easy when you know how. Maybe I should have added more hints :/
    And no it didn't get mentioned in the Monday update :(

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Please send me a PM or something if you have a cool update come out. I do my best to catch everything important, but stuff can and does fall through the gaping cracks of my info gathering process. :p

4. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    ok, will do :)

5. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    what, shaun, you can't manage the deluge of updates by yourself?!

this game is so good, I wish it got more recognition! glad TA did a great review of it.

6. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    The Last Warlock is currently on sale. 50% off for a week on iOS or Android.
    There was also a dynamic update applied recently that added a new multiplayer map and tweaked an early single player map that some players found too difficult.

**iOS App Store link here**

7. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Does anyone know if the last warlock going to be updated to 64 bit? Thanks

8. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    It's been 64 bit since release :)
    So yeah, no problems with iOS 11, and if there were, I'd update it to fix it.

9. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I would think we're 64-bit safe, considering the dev just posted this morning about a one-week sale price. I suppose a confirmation would be helpful though. Having missed the game initially, I'm now considering a purchase. I read through the posts here, and it does sound like a solid game. Video clips look good too.

Dev, will there be further updates? If so, I'm sold for sure. Probably sold anyway, heh. I have no control.

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    #150 icepulse, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Repost of my experience w/ Last Warlock

NOTE: This is a repost of an older review, to give you all an idea of how flexible and deep this game can run...

I was playing a round of The Last Warlock today. Forget the name of the level. 3rd one after the tutorial. I want to say Fortress Of The Wraith?

Anyway, I had to share this experience.

I was up against some tough odds, inside a gated fortress. Could only get IN by summoning & mounting a Pegasus. Once in, I threw 2 switches that opened the main portcullis, to let in the rest of my team, but released both lions & bears, as well, into the courtyard. Luckily, they hated each other, and when the dust settled, only one bear remained.

I used a summoned bat to lure him out, then shut the gate behind him. Safe from the bear, and my team inside, we opened the final doorway. Two tough wraiths waited inside. Just then, the exit portal opened OUTSIDE the fortress. When that happens, you have 10 turns to get your warlock to that portal, or you lose all your treasure. Warlock hopped on the Pegasus, and as I was ascending, I realized I still held, in my warlock's bag, the 2 blue keys for the final 2 chests. I dropped them to the ground, and sent him toward the portal. A quick elf archer grabbed them, and scrambled toward those chests, but w/ 2 turns left, he was too far to make it.

I armed a key in each hand, and threw them like Hail Mary passes to another unit, right by the chests. He picked them up, looted both chests, and with my final turn, my Warlock strolled into the portal.

Can't recall the last game I've played, on any platform, that unfolded so much like a real pen & paper RPG. I honestly don't believe there is one.

If you can recommend one, I'll be eternally grateful.

11. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just purchased!! Hope I love it as the developer seems very cool!!

12. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    It's like the love child of a sandbox game, an RPG, and TBS. It's the most lovable game I've played in awhile.

13. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    It has been a while, but an update to The Last Warlock just went live, primarily for multiplayer mode:
    • Six new spells added to the multiplayer modes, including a new creature named 'The Watcher'
    • More crafting items added to the maps.
    • Subvert now has a % chance of success based on the strength and health of the target creature.
    • Bows will wear and eventually be destroyed with use.
    • Experimental handicap system added to make the game easier for new players to compete against veterans.
    • Fix to creatures sometimes not defending their Warlock.
    • Improved support for newer iOS devices.
    If you don't have it already, Get it here on iOS

14. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    Warlock has had two more updates this year since my last post. New multiplayer maps, new creatures (Undead Ibis, Golem), and is currently 70% off for a few days on iOS and Android.
    Get it here on iOS

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I have long left my TA forum days but saw a post in this forum.

Last Warlock is a great game so much customization and ways to attack missions.

From an old Mann gamer... get it!

Son of Anarchy likes this.