Universal The Last Warlock (by Sonic Sloth)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 9, 2015.

1. iAjent

iAjent Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Employed (I can't tell you what I do, it's a secre
    Greater Manchester, UK
    Just bought it.

Same as the other guy, this has been on my watch list since day one. I've a massive back log, so probably won't get to play it for a while, but at this price it's a no brainier to move it from 'watch' to 'purchased'.

The gameplay videos make it look like a ton of fun, and the comments are encouraging !

2. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Here we go again! My Third purchase this week all due Shaun's excellent reviews and the supporting comments here in the forum thread. Huge backlog like many others here, but I will give it some playtime today and see if it's got the teeth to keep me playing and finally set down Carcassonne for a minute ;)

3. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    This game's praise must be shouted from the rooftops, it's so good, so much variety, etc. awesome!

4. Kallizm

Kallizm Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    e-Learning Designer
    Indianapolis, IN
    The trailer that's showing up in the TA app for this title is actually for Earthcore.

5. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Finally picked up this game after I saw the sale. I've only played the tutorial and it looks very fun. If anyone wants to play a 3 player match of multiplayer I started one.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Very annoying to kill a warlock in a quest and have the portal spawn on top of you when you end turn. Didnt get a chance to loot chests.

7. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Same thing, has been on my watch list for awhile since release. Hearing a lot of good things but have quite a bit of back log to clear. Just pick this up and hopefully I get some time to spend with it

8. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Dont wait to dive into it. Its pretty fun.

9. SonicSloth

SonicSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    Sorry, that's a known issue but if it's any consolation it's quite a rare event.

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ive only played 2 levels + tutorial. Didnt seem rare lol. Does portal spawn anywhere in level randomly, or what?

11. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I took a spin with it yesterday. Only played the tutorial so far. But initial impression I feel that the game seems to have quite deep mechanics despite look being simple. And I really love the graphics in this game. Minecraft style with some advance technic apply on top of it. Wonder how many people worked on this game. If it is coming from a small team, that's some really impressive work :)

12. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    The portal spawns randomly in one of several predetermined locations on each quest.
    Because the first quest is quite small, that is the one where you are most likely to end up already on top of the portal. It's on the list for a possible fix in the next update, but like I say, you were unlucky - it's not something that happens every time.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    WHat causes the portal to spawn? Killing the enemy warlock, or time/turn? Different criteria depending on level?

I just had a blast after mausoleum level. Played it once and got crushed, beat it a second time with barely any gems, played it third time got perfect all gems. Love love love this game. Good job Devs

14. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    Different per quest but it's a factor of how many rounds have been played combined with the enemy warlock being killed or some other progress event.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ok cause I had the portal open once when the enemy warlock was still alive and wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen

16. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Yup. A sweet one that will reside awhile!

17. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I think that the notifications for multiplayer are broken. I noticed that I don't get them and I've had a lot of opponents miss turns that are usually pretty active.

18. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    You're right. The certificate had expired to send push messages. Should be fixed now! Thanks for reporting it.

19. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    #99 cadillackills, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    I don't know who suggested that I don't sleep on this game...whoever it was thank you. I didn't know it was even on my iPad. This game has an easy tap to play turn based layout, plus crafting, gorgeous graphics, plus the support from the devs here. Made my morning, before the dreaded job, very relaxed. Great job on the tutorial by the way. Gets your head on the same page as far as the flow of the game, but doesn't overwhelm people like me who don't really prefer this genre. Thanks again, look forward to lunch.

*** edit ***

Where's the love from touch arcade users on the App Store? I've personally been slacking. I made sure to at least rate this...plus some props for the team. Support your local dev's! "Put your name on it!"

20. erikrask

erikrask Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Thank you for a fantastic game! Any plans for more multiplayer maps? I've played them so many times now :)