Universal The Last Express - (by DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Pashechka

Pashechka New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    What a great game! But is there is any hope to have an update with subtitle option? For foreign gamers english speech is hard to understand and it will be very good to read subtitles for all dialogues in the game.

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=156974][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157303][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156503][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156964][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156728][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=157463][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156986][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156979][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157549][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156965][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]THE LAST EXPRESS[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    26/09/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to step aboard the 1914 Orient Express in this award-winning mystery adventure?

[size=+3][thread=157332]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    10-04-2012 at 07:37 AM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    +1

Even just releasing the non-synchronized transcripts would be awesome.

4. Pashechka

Pashechka New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Begging for subtitles because main plot for me is missing now ( in the very beginning of the game ((

5. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    Are you sure that there are no subtitles? E.g. in the restaurant there are subtitles... Or do I miss something?

6. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    THE Jordan Mechner on TA forums! Ermahgerd :eek:

7. Pashechka

Pashechka New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    This subs are for "foreign" language. Girls talking french in the restaurant.

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #108 Gabrien, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    Game Impressions

I just want to add to my previous impressions, because unfortunately the negatives have won out for me here in the end. Primarily, it was finally becoming convinced of just how limiting the game really is. Particularly in light of the scope it continually alludes to, and momentarily sucks you in with, only to break that immersion shortly afterwards, again and again.

The bottom line is, the game only allows you to do precisely what it wants you to do, and precisely when it wants you to do it. Everything else is an elaborate, but paper-thin facade. No doubt at least in part influenced by the technical limitations of when the game was originally made, but that knowledge does little to mitigate the disappointment of realising you're merely constantly being led around by your nose, as opposed to inhabiting a living, breathing world where you're afforded any semblance of choice, or potential to affect the preset course of events.

9. Therex77

Therex77 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Look out ur window!
    I'm really annoyed, I was lookn forward to this since I lovd te pc version, I deleted a couple of my apps for it (8g iPod) cause it says 1.26g app size, I now have over 2g free space guess what there's not enough space to download it apparently what's wrong with this seriously, this really annoys me since I love last express. Please write the right app size next time

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just completed the game again (was a while, maybe 2-3 years) seeing the 'real' ending.
    Truly it is the greatest adventure of all time IMHO.
    What an ending!!!

I miss one achievement tough (the secret one) besides the bad endings one...anyone knows what is it?

Anyway, the iOS port is absolutely perfect.

11. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    That is the download size, how much memory only the download uses. It needs usually 2 and a quarter times the download size free to download something as it has to install it and as such it will need to have the download size and the install size taken up at the same time.

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The listed app size is the size of the download, not the size of the final installed app or the amount required to install. You need room to decompress the app. Free up some more space.

13. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I completely failed to pick this up when it was on sale. I went to buy it, didn't have enough space so it failed, intended to clear space in the morning, slept and promptly forgot :/ (and I managed to miss the reduced version on GOG).

I will play this game on day damnit!

14. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Or you could just watch a playthrough of The Last Express on Youtube...

15. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Lol! I see your point but still highly recommend this game.

The level of immersion in this game is amazing. Love the voice acting and sound effects. Probably the best gaming experience I had last year.

16. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Lol and I managed to miss it again in the sale. Doh.

A few weeks before Xmas is not a great time for a sale :/

17. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The period around Christmas is when the App Store has the most and lowest priced sales...

iPadisHappyHisRetinaMiniArrivedInTimeForTheSales...

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That's not a bad idea, especially since I heard that the audio wasn't working on this currently.

19. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Audio worked for me, iPad 2. Brilliant title but more of an interactive soptory than a puzzle-solving adventure game; brilliant none the less. The real-time components are simply amazing, they are an innovation of themselves and out other, safer, titles to shame; it's the only adventure besides Laura Bow, to,my knowledge, where this has been attempted.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    The game still works under iOS 9, but it looks like the graphics are broken? They are flickering when you move trough the train corridors, as it seems. Can somebody please check if that's not just me?