The Jamzu Daily Double

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by DougNicola, Feb 21, 2010.

1. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    I suppose it's the better move because it relieves some of the insane congestion on the north side of the board? It is pretty tight up there... My initial move (Which I really thought was the one) was F2-G3, but that just prolongs the congestion.

2. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Still, E7 tightens up more than C7, and both can be reversed, so there's no plus on that side o.o..

Oh Spork, can you tell me what did you PM? How many PMs did you send and stuff? this was totally too close :p

3. DougNicola

DougNicola Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    H4-C7 does the same thing, only better. Clearing the jammer out to C3 gets it as far away from a flip-back as possible.

H4-E7 can be flipped back with a roll of 3 or 5, H4-C7 can only be flipped back with a 5!

4. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    BTW, Kevd, wherever he is right now :) was the only one of all the TTT entires to get H4-C7 with his first guess!

5. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    But both can be reversed and you own that lane from the moment you move it so you shouldnt need to worry about that. I, personally consider H4-G3 to be a far better move overall, even allowing a future J6-E7 with a 5, if needed be.

6. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    And he didn't make it in time today? That's a damn shame. :\

I was honestly sort of hoping for an upset to take it from myself and Khamous. <__<

7. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Lol he probly would've won, but I havent finished debating that move as of yet :p

8. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    I sent one on thursday and two today. Thursday was H2-G3, then today was H4-G3 and then H4-C7.

9. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    But if Red gets a 1 next, and can't advance beyond G4, then Blue can strike back in lane 4 (not controlled anymore) Gotta think more than the next move.

H4-C7 is the safest bet.

10. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Lol, Spork we sent the exact same PMs, with the difference of E7 instead of C7. lol that's, quite unsettling :p

11. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    The drawing for Tiple Twist Second Place!

Second Place finish was between:

Kevd
    haffertee
    cathy

All had two out of three correct!

And the winner of the Second Place draw is....

cathy!!

Congrats, cathy!

12. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    Yeah, I just came to the conclusion that the only reasons that the previous two had to both be wrong was because the board was too top heavy, so I looked for moves that would take blockers as far south as possible while still being productive. That's what led me to that move.

13. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    It is the safest bet, but it is not the best, as with H4-G3 you pressure WAY more on the blue side. Then what? Get a 1? use it to run or free one, get reversed? You can still block with a 3 or a 5 on the other side and be free again. What if you get another 1? The you walk and you're out of the trap, so EVEN getting reversed to no end renders that move WAY more useful, as you've moved out of danger (with the worst dice, mind you) and blue hasnt had the chance to even move.

Those 3 moves to exactly the same thing, but only H4-G3 does the most pressure.

EDIT: I know I didnt take into consideration the blocking of the piece it was moved, but it is, in all understanding the same mechanic.

14. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    This was truly amazing to watch. You guys were absolutely neck and neck in a photo finish!! Totally awesome.

15. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    As I'm me I shall call for a tie as our 1st guess on the new round was both H4-G3, AND, even, getting it to E7 doesnt block the potential H2-C7 run, which moving it to C7 will, in case it advances too much.

16. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    It's amazing that a board game that encourages you to take your time with so much analysis and thought can be featured in a heart-pounding event like this. :p

17. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    Nope nope and nope! :D

- H4-G3 leaves G3 jammer around to annoy Red in several places on the top of the board. (lanes 2, 4 6 and 7. Ouch!)

Pressure on Blue in lane 7 is just as good with H4-C7 as anything in lane 3 on Blue.

18. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Even being top heavy doesnt kill red, as the blues that are still attackable are still in the top, and also most upper jammers can't really be used to jam red more than what already is, but blocking blue more and prevent it from leaving behind the jam fest, and can be used very efficiently to stop its advance

That IS true :D

19. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    Yeah, I still feel that my first two were pretty good moves, but it does put a lot of the pressure up there. While it's true that blue's pieces are still up there, it relieves a lot of pressure if you start to move blockers lower as it makes it that much harder for blue to put them back up at the top.

20. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    This is the essential and critical idea with H4-C7!