The Jailbreak Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KineticBlur, Jun 24, 2015.

1. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    It's out! What do you guys feel about Jailbreaking your iDevices? With all the new features and tweaks Apple has added over the past couple of years, do you still prefer jailbreaking?

2. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Yup. I'm pretty sure I'd switch over to android if there was no jailbreak.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Meh. I'm planning on buying a decent android tablet. Still isn't too worth it.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Funnily enough I don't care for the tweaks etc. I just go for emulators. When I was jailbroken I loved the atari 2600 emulator so I could play the games not available in the atari or activision atari apps I have

Also I used to have that turbografx app which stopped working as the devs left it. So jailbreaking meant tons of turbografx games

Just wish I could get hold of morphgear but that doesn't work with builds.io or some of the other yearly services you can get now

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    iphone is boring without jailbreak,i like themes..

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Pretty excited, but probably won't jailbreak thanks to iDOS2 getting Documents opened up. ;)

It all depends on how long I can hold out without wanting to add more games to Spectactulator. Sadly Commodore 64 wouldn't install on my 6+. (Been emulating C64 via iDOS2! :p)

7. KineticBlur

Jul 21, 2014
    Very impressed by a lot of new tweaks which have become available for 8.3 already.

A useful video for those interested in knowing what kind of things Jailbreaking allows someone to do:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xn2ANOKos

8. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Emulators are the top priority for me, unfortunately I jumped the gun a bit early & along with no MS tweaks, my Cydia is also crashing lol, so a restore is in order at some point

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Honestly... Nothing in that video really jumped out at me as something I'd want to jailbreak for.

10. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Countless PSP, NDS, N64, PSX, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES, MAME, Saturn, Genesis games to play! (All of which support MFi controllers)
    Also if progress picks up, expect to see the short lived Reicast (Dreamcast) Emulator soon enough. And if we're very very lucky, maybe someone will pick up dolphin & port it to iOS so we can play some GC & Wii!

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Sounds like there's a lot of issues with the jailbreak. Problems getting it to complete. Has anyone here successful jailbroken an iPhone 6 or iPad 2 with this?

12. KineticBlur

Jul 21, 2014
    #12 KineticBlur, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Oh Winterboard, how i've missed you :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]