Universal The iDOLM@STER shiny festa harmonic score (By Namco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 22, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Glad you're having fun!

2. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    55 dollars??? Too rich for me!!

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Dammit Midian! If you aren't willing to spend 179.99 for an iOS long-haul trucking simulator, you're part of the problem!

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I still haven't played with the Rockband ( or maybe it was 2) package that I bought for 150+ dollars 5 or so years ago.

5. killercow

That's sad! Rock band 1,2 or 3 is the most fun i've ever had playing with friend locally (well that and Smash Bros). I've spent a lot over the year with all that great DLC.

6. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Dat price lol
    I wonder if they released earthbound on the iPad if they could charge $99 ha ha

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'd consider plunking down $ for one of the versions and reporting back here if I had more specific gameplay impressions from someone who has played this game on ios. I love rhythm games, but I could care less about a cohesive story.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    What can I say, I was born in 2003 and feel I'm entitled to hundreds of games despite having no money of my own.

9. killercow

You can watch plenty of gameplay videos from the psp version on youtube. It apparently plays exactly the same if not better on iOS.

10. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    I think Namco messed up the descriptions. I own all three and if this is the girl you need, she is in Rhythmic Record:

[​IMG]

The idols in Rhythmic Record are:
    - Iori Minase
    - Yayoi Takatsuki
    - Hibiki Ganaha (my personal favorite)
    - The Futami Twins (Ami and Mami)

The menu/button colors of Rhythmic Record are yellow.
    I own all three games.
    Just wanted to make sure you get the right one if you are looking for one specific idol.

11. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    I got your PM and tried to give a longer explanation of what happens in this game. Feel free to quote me on this. I dont see it in my outbox.

12. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thanks, saw this and sent you a pm right back...will purchase this evening. I know that the YouTube videos from the PSP versions got a lot of hits and positive feedback...

13. Com2us|TaoFTW

Com2us|TaoFTW Active Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Game Community Manager
    Menlo Park
    #113 Com2us|TaoFTW, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    Edit:
    I sincerely apologize if the post I made was offensive. It was unprofessional and unequivocally irresponsible for me to make statements like that. But Idolm@sters is great and I encourage everyone to give it a try. Cheers!

14. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    You are the only one who feels this way.

15. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Okay, back to debating on whether or not I should download this...:(Were you joking?

I don't even play for the hetero team but the last thing I need is a problem when I am looking for fulltime employment :D

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Nobody else is prepared to deny just how sexy those 13 year old girls are.

17. Com2us|TaoFTW

Com2us|TaoFTW Active Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Game Community Manager
    Menlo Park
    #117 Com2us|TaoFTW, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    :(
    Yes I was joking; I love Idolm@ster - avid fan of the series, so I plan on playing all of it. :D Also, I hope you do find a place for fulltime employment - I'll be cheering you on. If you want me to help give you out with your search, I'll give you a helping hand. :)

Edit:
    I apologize for the post above if it offended you or any fans of the series. It was unintentional and unprofessional of me to speak out accordingly. The game is great and I encourage everyone to give it a try. Cheers!

18. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    On gameplay:

You get guided through the basics by an assistant in the beginning who 'suggests' you to do what you should do to get into the game. This is only to explain what to do and where you can find everything. You can't skip it but the gameplay is fun. It starts in Debut mode, aka easy.
    Gameplay in Debut mode is just a simple flat line, like in Taiko No Tatsujin, but with markers coming in from the left and right. You tap in time, left or right and hit perfect, good, normal, bad, miss, distaster etc.
    There are 20 songs in each of the games. After having played them in Debut mode (in various star rated difficulties) you can play them in Regular Mode or if you are psychic with 45 fingers and an extra pair of eyes, in Pro mode which is insanely difficult.

The assistant will send you to Stage Mode to practice the simple basics and get more fans and earn cash etc. Watch the music videos and anime to get more fans (and cash). Then you get a producers pass to the shop (in game currency, no iAP!). She then demonstrated how shopping for an item (in this case Extra Sparkle) influences the performance. You're free to do what you want after this.

You get the Shiny Festa global music festival pass. You set up your own setlist, difficulty etc. Each tournament lasts 5 days and consists of three rounds. In the third round there is always a rival artist you have to outperform, which is a lot of fun. You get to choose which rival is on at the same time as your band is from a slot of three or four. The higher rank rival you defeat, the more fans you win over from them.

As soon as you start playing in Normal mode the lines become very artistic and appear and disappear all over the place making gameplay a lot harder but it's stunning to look at. Curly, curvy, mathematically shaped lines will be all over the bottom half of the screen. Prepare to focus. This is the core of the game and it is not a tamborine simulator as stated earlier. This is hardcore rhythm gaming which can only be experienced by playing it. (Watching video doesn't do the gameplay EXPERIENCE justice. I watched Taiko and thought that might be fun, played it and have been addicted ever since because it gets into your brain somehow).

The girls, depending on how you play, are rendered in full 3D Anime (gorgeous) or in Anime TV (hand drawn) usually after hitting a star icon on the line. You then unlock the brand new (and different) special edition music video version of that specific song. Watch them, and get more fans.

What else?
    You can customise the lines in the shop, and the markers, the clap sound (I quickly replaced the tambourine with group clap and it sounded a LOT better), but also the memory holder (more idol memories is more cash is more fans) the stage (more sparkle, charms, etc) to strategically make the best out of a performance or a festival (depending if you are in Stage Mode (performance) or in Shiny Festa (three songs in a row, five days long, every third song is a duel with a rival you can win over).

The songs are great. I started with Rhythmic Record (it has the best cast and the best songs) but then I just caved in and bought the rest since my favorite song is NOT in rhythmic record (Go My Way) but in another pack.

Oh: there are a lot more songs than the ones it installs. You can download them FOR FREE in the DLC Store. WiFi recommended. It's about 5-8 minutes per song and there's a list of songs there.

I'd say go for it. Seriously a LOT of fun. Especially once you get into it and start playing normal mode. It's a REAL challenge and before you get to class A (you start at D) you will truly have played it a lot and have had a lot of fun.

Throughout (Rhythmic Record) a story involving a treasure map is unfolding and there are many Anime cut scenes that are not part of the 24 minute opening OVA which sets up the story for going to the Shiny Festa music festival on Vacation Island and that are fun and look good.

Gamecenter achievements are included.
    Before you make it to Class A (which includes access to different items in the shop) you'll have to work your *ss off.

This has nothing to do with touching little girls. Dance and sing get up and do your thing.

I'd say: go. :)

19. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Neither do I. I'm in this game for the gameplay. Not anime cute girls. The songs are fun. The game is polished. It really feels like a seriously well produced high end console quality rhythm game.

The only thing is I wish they'd included everybody in the same pack, and made the songs DLC IAP (like Taiko) so you can build from there. Now it's a huge pricepoint for all three games and 60 songs (6 of which are shared between all three games). So Namco *could* have handled it more gracefully but this is the PSP version of late last year's rhythm based but differently named entry into the series and it's AMAZING.

And when a game is good. I. Will. Pay. :D

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ton of people talking about price, so far from what I understand the difference between the 3 versions is different set of idols and songs? Is there like a different story mode or something that ties it all together or just totally separate games that exist in the same universe?