The Idiotic Customer Review Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by csklimowski, Oct 25, 2010.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Well that certainly makes no sense.
    If you go to the store and buy a loaf of bread--and the following week the bread is on sale--do you think the store should give you a refund because you paid a higher price? With that logic, nothing would ever be on sale...anywhere.
    People have to realize that sometimes you just miss out on the sale price for things. It's life.

2. Jypsy

Jypsy Active Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Janesville, WI
    Exactly.

What it all comes down to is basic economics. If you purchased something because you felt the price was fair on Day 1 then if it changes on day 2, you really have no right to complain since you felt the price was fair on the prior day.

If you did not feel the price was fair on day 1, you should have not purchased the item.

A merchant sells and item for a price. The potential customer has a choice whether to purchase said item. If the price is too high, not enough customers will purchase it and the merchant will go out of business. If the price is too low, too many customers will purchase it and the merchant risks losing money on the venture.

It all comes down to personal responsibility, that is what is "fair".

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    You guys should look at the fake iPhone tracker apps, number finders and all that crap. Idiots pile up faster than sh1t.

They see ratings with 1 stars and says it does not work (how could it? to begin with?), but yet they still buy it THEN leave a review.

I don't think there's a group more idiotic than these people.

4. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    OMG ONE STAR FOR THIS G3Y GAEM!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!11

IF I CUDL GIVE IT NEGATIV ONE BILLUN STRA FR THSIS STUPID AND G3Y GAME IWOUDL BECUZ DEVZ HAEV NO L1F3S AND SIT AROUDN AND DO NTHNG BUT SC4M PEEPS BECAZ THEY ARE DUM. I WANT MAI PHR33 UPDATS NOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!! OR ILL RPEORT U TO APLE BCAUZ YOO LYED TO M3!!1!11!1!1!1!!!!1!!q1Q!!1!!!!11!

say what now?

5. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Life isn't fair. I think my mom used to say that...

The idiot reviews are trying to rebel against capitalism, they just don't know it. (Due to limited firing of neurons, most likely). It all comes down to competition. If you don't like Gamestop's price you check your local store or Amazon etc. If you don't like the app store price, well, your shit-outta-luck as they say. Aside from all that jailbreaking stuff.

Oh, and what about those douche monkeys giving Across Age DX one star for not working with their 3GS? The first three words of the app description are "Retina Display Only" lol. What a bunch of numb nuts :D

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    These are the worst idiots. I seriously wonder when the modern teens and young adults in our society became idiotic babboons.

7. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    One week later your bread is crap so your comparison don't work. :D

Anyway I see what you mean but the point is dev play with prices on a week base, there's something wrong for consumers. I understand that for many dev it's the only way to try catch some attention. But the point is it's crazy for users. If you ignore that then perhaps you should stop put hyper liberalism logic above all. Not to mention how wrong it is to think there's no rules. I'd be curious to check but I bet there's more rules and laws related to economy and market in USA than anywhere else. Ha well ok I start arguing on my joke, I know it will never happen. :)

The point is that this mechanism of constant sales build a total lack of confidence in players. And dev win in this mechanism a price drop down to minimal price. That's why prices standard dropped that fast to $.99. Many players like me just gave up and wait minimal sales and gave up buy a game if it isn't free or $.99, with few exceptions I suppose.

8. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Well capitalism or hyper liberalism? What's fun behind your words is you don't realize that this doesn't mean there's no rules. You don't have the right to buy music in a foreign country and bring it back in USA. You don't have the right to 'return" a digital game you bought like on Steam even if you didn't succeed make it work. And so on, and so on. :) You could know the hyper liberalism but I don't think you are fully aware of what it is really.

9. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    :confused:

I'm not sure thinking is your forte.

10. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Sure kid. :D

11. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    Your first intelligible post! :D

12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #32 Qordobo, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    Yeah my English is rather bad, but up to not understand it... isn't it you that quoted I don't know think? I'd answer learn read kid. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Not to mention that you should avoid comment posts you don't understand. :eek: I wonder who's the idiot here. :rolleyes:

13. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Because, you know, stereotyping is both a form of prejudice and idiocy.

14. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    #34 alchemistrpm, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    Perfect grammar couldn't save a qordobo post, I'm afraid. I don't remember calling you an idiot... nor anything else. A little oversight, allow me to rectify. Flame on, Cap'n Nonsense! :D

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I saw a review for the game "Alien Space" and one of the customers wrote this:

"...you run out of ammo if you shoot too much..." seriously I want to find this person and hang them. How stupid of a comment can you make? I LOL'd for like 3 mins though at the stupidity displayed.

16. I have screenshots of this kind of thing ;)

Find the prince of persia one - it says press anywhere on the screen for te action button but I dont see the action button anywhere! Help!

17. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    You quoted I don't know think if that's not an idiot then I wonder. :rolleyes: And now you continue (but I didn't quote this part). Ha well ok, enough for me, and pointless in general.

18. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    The worse were when 4.0 came out. I saw things like...

"Doesn't work, 1 star"

Come on, give the developer time to rush out a fix! Also that 1 star review will pull the games rating down for weeks.

19. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    but PhotoForge is a damn poor show, I have this app since OS 4 came out on my device and it crashes since then, and NO response, Update or comment on the dev's side. This is sad stuff and worth one star

20. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    #40 Alienmario, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    i read reviews alot, the question is why are the reviews so lame?
    1/5 says the game is awesome 5 stars
    1/5 says the game crashes - 1 star
    1/5 includes wrong information, wants features that apple wont approve or wants unnecessary features, complains about price etc.
    2/5 are completely lame reviews - 1 star
    and for some rws it seems people only buy the game to rate it 1 star